Apple Recalls 1st Gen Ipod Nano

This can't be real life. I just tore my nano apart and threw it away because it didn't work anymore. And 1 month later this happens. Thank you Apple. I will continue to support your products.

got my box less than a week after requesting it.
Now to find a fedex truck.

do they just replace the battery, or do they give you a newer one? Either way im good cause I only use it for running.

A girl from my class had an ipod nano start smoking while plugged into her computer and the cable was burned. And she did NOTHING about it 
30t6p3b.gif

Told that broad she should have raised hell

-The Juice

So my doorbell just rang and it was UPS. I thought they maybe had the wrong house, but it a package addressed to me. I said to myself, I didn't order anything, am I getting anthraxed or some $#+#?

I open it up, and it's the replacement slip to ship the Nano with an instruction letter
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bkmac

So my doorbell just rang and it was UPS. I thought they maybe had the wrong house, but it a package addressed to me. I said to myself, I didn't order anything, am I getting anthraxed or some ++@!?

I open it up, and it's the replacement slip to ship the Nano with an instruction letter
laugh.gif

LOL i thought the same damn thing.

awesome. just checked the repair status and they've just sent out my replacement today. my 1st gen was BEAT. 30 minute battery life and cracked (unworking) screen.

now i'm getting a current gen
pimp.gif

not to mention i registered for the ipod nano class action settlement that netted me $25.
pimp.gif

i'll miss that thing.

it seems as if they've exhasuted their stock of 1st gen replacements so people are actually getting current gen models. I've had mine packaged up for a while but just hadnt gotten around to shipping them out (had two of these things still laying around...i dont even remember buying them, let alone using them) but you better believe i took that thing on down to Fedex today. Gonna sell them and net an easy $250...i have no use for an ipod nano with a library as big as mine and an iphone

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

it seems as if they've exhasuted their stock of 1st gen replacements so people are actually getting current gen models.

We need proof.
Edit: nevermind I saw the proof.
laugh.gif

On another note: I got my shipping package.

Awwww
Yeahhh

I just found mine in a drawer. I'm hearing that it's true they are replacing them with 6G nanos. Fingers crossed

For those of you that got boxes, did you have to call customer service after requesting the box online, or does it come on its own. I am getting frustrated that I havent got my box, especially after learning that we are getting new ipod nanos

nobodies answering whether or not you can take it in to the store. lol still got mine and just in time, i was on my way to best buy tomorrow to buy one for my wife to use at the gym lol :today was a good day: ice cubin it! lol

Originally Posted by ItzJono

Wheres Steve Jobs when u need him smh..Stupid on Apples part..Yes i know they value customer loyalty but why recall a 6 yr old product over SAFETY issues..like who still uses their OG nano in 2011
30t6p3b.gif

who wears OG kicks either... lol 

It freaking took a whole month for me to get my box to send it back! I actually got it on the 8th of December and sent it back on the 10th. My repair status since December 16th is on : "December 16, 2011: Product replacement pending" Probably will take another month just to receive a refurb back.

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

For those of you that got boxes, did you have to call customer service after requesting the box online, or does it come on its own. I am getting frustrated that I havent got my box, especially after learning that we are getting new ipod nanos
I never called customer service. I got frustrated to the point that I was about to, but ended up forgetting about it. I was home one day and the Fedex dude dropped off an empty box to me with foam and a slipping package to send it back.

Back
Top Bottom