Apple Responds to Microsoft's "Laptop Hunters" Campaign

Mac FTW
pimp.gif

I love macs and would prefer to have one.

But in the 2 years I've had my $600 HP....it has never crashed, never gotten a virus, and has frozen maybe once. Even running programs like Photoshop orUlead.

Whether Macs or Windows PC's are better comes down the personal preference. I don't see why people continually argue which is better. Mac fanboys arejust full of themselves thinking because their product is more expensive and aesthetically pleasing it's automatically better. They should get overthemselves.

I think Mac's are just user friendly where as true computer nuts would rather have a PC. But it is all preference really.....price, looks, hardware, etc. Iam a Mac nut my self but I must admit as of late with my 24" iMac, it has been really messed up and I just updated something and now the piece of crapwon't come on. I think I am just doing something wrong but this is as major as it has ever gotten with a Mac and I am kind of worried.....and broke to fixit and/or replace it.

i have both, and prefer the pc

mac is very user friendly and my mac has crashed on several occasions.

and @#$! apple for making a ac power cord so flimsy, the wire tears so easily, if you get it caught on your feet or whatever. had to cop a generic chord aftergoing through a couple

one thing i always wondered, of all of the people that are Mac fanboys, how many of these are Xbox 360 fanboys..... just wondering.....

Originally Posted by CParkFresh

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

They TOTALLY missed the whole point of Microsoft's recent ad campaign which is the LOW prices of PCs.

And what Microsoft does not get is that when people by a Mac they are also paying for a computer that runs OSX out of the box.

OSX >>>>>>>> Any operating system Microsoft has ever put out.

On top of that I actually have purchased two laptops in the past 6 months. An HP Pavillion (the same Pavillion in one of the PC ads) and a MacBook Pro. Within two months my girlfriend calls me to tell me her computer (HP) wont turn on. I look at it and come to find out it didnt even come with any system disks. So I had to spend an hour talking on the phone with somebody in India just to get them to send me a copy of Vista to try to repair the damn thing. I finally get the disks and they dont work. Had to end up shipping off the computer after owning it for less than 2 months.

But that's HPs problem. Not Microsoft. And HP computers come with a recovery partition where you can just boot into that partition via F10(I think) anddo a system recovery without the need for discs. Or you can create recovery discs while the computer is still running.

My ONLY gripe with Apple is the serious lack of choice in a screen size for laptops... if you want a 15 inch you have to go up to the pro... which MOST peopledon't need that much power

Originally Posted by OnlySomeJordans

Originally Posted by SN DG

Is it true that Macs don't crash? How come they don't get viruses or anything?

If you were a hacker, would you write malicious code for something that has 90+% of the market share or about 10% of it?

But Macs do crash and they can get viruses.
This.

PC>Mac

Originally Posted by OnlySomeJordans

I really don't know how people get so many viruses and crashes on their PC's. I've owned two desktops and one laptop in 9 years and the only crashes I've ever suffered were self-inflicted, i.e. messing with the registry, trying to install programs/apps without fully reading instructions. In the five months I used Vista I had one hiccup and that was when I first got it and had a problem installing all the updates at once. You got to be a real fool to mess up a PC now a days.
Because people are morons.

eek.gif

love the head-to-head competition in these commercials...
but this is a slap in the face...
laugh.gif

What always made me not going through the Mac route is how long it will take to perfect the OS. I've been using PC's since the Windows 95 days.I've gone through all my problems about computers and learned everything about Windows. I don't know if it's worth it now to ditch that for a Mac.Plus not all programs are available for Apple. So I don't see myself making the change anytime soon. PC's are like a manual transmission and a Mac isan automatic. Sometimes I like having more control if it means more problems and maintenance.

Originally Posted by TheRav4

What always made me not going through the Mac route is how long it will take to perfect the OS. I've been using PC's since the Windows 95 days. I've gone through all my problems about computers and learned everything about Windows. I don't know if it's worth it now to ditch that for a Mac. Plus not all programs are available for Apple. So I don't see myself making the change anytime soon. PC's are like a manual transmission and a Mac is an automatic. Sometimes I like having more control if it means more problems and maintenance.
as someone who's worked IT jobs and been in computer systems and networking programs all my life, i really have to laugh at statements likethis. macs are an automatic transmission? the hell?
laugh.gif

as for the hackers argument, that is supposed to 'support' the argument to buy PC's? that hackers don't write viruses for macs? some of you areclueless. one of the reasons PC's have such large marketshare is because more than half of those PC's are corporate machines bought in bulk. i'veworked around some real buffoons when i've had IT jobs, and most are afraid to have to adapt to anything new. technology illiterate individuals only knowtwo things: microsoft office and a web browser. c'mon, come with something better than that...

******ed commercial in my eyes but in the eyes of the general public it says alot.

I hate apple commercials cause its all smoke and mirrors

Originally Posted by TheRav4

What always made me not going through the Mac route is how long it will take to perfect the OS. I've been using PC's since the Windows 95 days. I've gone through all my problems about computers and learned everything about Windows. I don't know if it's worth it now to ditch that for a Mac. Plus not all programs are available for Apple. So I don't see myself making the change anytime soon. PC's are like a manual transmission and a Mac is an automatic. Sometimes I like having more control if it means more problems and maintenance.
You really have sentimental feelings towards all those problems windows has given you?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

******ed commercial in my eyes but in the eyes of the general public it says alot.

you can't say something absurd like that, and then not explain yourself.

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

come on what's there to explain? apple is represented by the young "hip" guy and pc is the old guy who "needs to retire". All appledoes is try to convince you to not get a PC

Originally Posted by oidreez

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

milestailsprowe wrote:

come on what's there to explain? apple is represented by the young "hip" guy and pc is the old guy who "needs to retire". All apple does is try to convince you to not get a PC

dude its advertisement
03e15cef99a12ee6bbd03219196dd61dd9b05d1.gif
How stupid would it be for them notto separate themselves from the competition?

Back
Top Bottom