Approaching famous people on the street?

Originally Posted by Capricorn1229

It's hard for me to do it. I smile, tweet about it and that's about it. I don't really care about autographs unless it's like Beyonce or Jay-Z.
Why does their autograph matter?

i worked in the entertainment industry and sometimes met some BIG names, us no names had a very standard way of approaching and chatting up celebs if need be. For Donald (Who, BTW I met 2 weeks ago at an improv show and actually used this on)

1. Say "Donald, Hi, My name is XXXXX and I'm a big fan, community is hilarious, congrats" or something like that, celebs say "big fan" to each other all the time, i used to see two celebs meet for the first time and they would just shake hands and say "big fan, big fan" For someone on Donalds level you can say congrats, I wouldnt walk up to Christian Bale and say that though, maybe someone like Tom Hanks regarding a new movie.
2. I would never ask for pics cause that was no no for me but "do you mind if i get a picture?"
3. If they say no, say "ok thanks anyways" and keep it moving. If you feel like being a jerk now would be the time, "Man you on a TV show now you think you all that, cant take a pic with a fan, you only got like 17 fans anyways"
Now if you really want to score some points, whip out your phone and IMDB a movie, Donald made an Indy with some friends called mystery team or something like that if you said " Mystery team was hilarious, were having a party later, heres the address stop by of you want, there will be girls and booze, bring who ever" you may even get to chill

PS Donald would most def take a pic with you dude is real cool and humble (for now)

-JH

i worked in the entertainment industry and sometimes met some BIG names, us no names had a very standard way of approaching and chatting up celebs if need be. For Donald (Who, BTW I met 2 weeks ago at an improv show and actually used this on)

1. Say "Donald, Hi, My name is XXXXX and I'm a big fan, community is hilarious, congrats" or something like that, celebs say "big fan" to each other all the time, i used to see two celebs meet for the first time and they would just shake hands and say "big fan, big fan" For someone on Donalds level you can say congrats, I wouldnt walk up to Christian Bale and say that though, maybe someone like Tom Hanks regarding a new movie.
2. I would never ask for pics cause that was no no for me but "do you mind if i get a picture?"
3. If they say no, say "ok thanks anyways" and keep it moving. If you feel like being a jerk now would be the time, "Man you on a TV show now you think you all that, cant take a pic with a fan, you only got like 17 fans anyways"
Now if you really want to score some points, whip out your phone and IMDB a movie, Donald made an Indy with some friends called mystery team or something like that if you said " Mystery team was hilarious, were having a party later, heres the address stop by of you want, there will be girls and booze, bring who ever" you may even get to chill

PS Donald would most def take a pic with you dude is real cool and humble (for now)

-JH

Originally Posted by hongcouver604

I realize celebs are everyday people who want to enjoy their freedom, so I just let them be for the most part.

I saw Andrew Bynum at a bank while cashing my check, no one in there recognized him so I approached.... he was cool as hell and signed my dress shirt. He's the only celeb/athlete I approach.

Funny thing is I rang up Gwen Stefani one time at the register and my coworker said out loud, "Yo isn't that Christina Aguilera!?" LOL She looked hella annoyed.
roll.gif
Man you wasted a dress shirt for damn Andrew Bynum?

Originally Posted by hongcouver604

I realize celebs are everyday people who want to enjoy their freedom, so I just let them be for the most part.

I saw Andrew Bynum at a bank while cashing my check, no one in there recognized him so I approached.... he was cool as hell and signed my dress shirt. He's the only celeb/athlete I approach.

Funny thing is I rang up Gwen Stefani one time at the register and my coworker said out loud, "Yo isn't that Christina Aguilera!?" LOL She looked hella annoyed.
roll.gif
Man you wasted a dress shirt for damn Andrew Bynum?

This reminds me of the time I saw Mike Epps @ an airport in Dallas my brother was like thats Mike Epps and i'm like nah thats not but it was so my brother went over and talk to him he was going to Vegas too so he said when he lands he would take pics with us like 10 minutes later he went to the bathroom w/o his bodyguard and some dude said hey that's Mike Epps! and people started rushing him.

This reminds me of the time I saw Mike Epps @ an airport in Dallas my brother was like thats Mike Epps and i'm like nah thats not but it was so my brother went over and talk to him he was going to Vegas too so he said when he lands he would take pics with us like 10 minutes later he went to the bathroom w/o his bodyguard and some dude said hey that's Mike Epps! and people started rushing him.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

It's hard for me to do it. I smile, tweet about it and that's about it. I don't really care about autographs unless it's like Beyonce or Jay-Z.
Cause that's Beyonce and Jay-Z. Even still I'm not gonna go crazy out my way to get it. Add Kanye to that list. I listen to there music a lot. Just something I can add to my box of %!+% that I've collected nothing serious. If I loose it oh well.

Cause that's Beyonce and Jay-Z. Even still I'm not gonna go crazy out my way to get it. Add Kanye to that list. I listen to there music a lot. Just something I can add to my box of %!+% that I've collected nothing serious. If I loose it oh well.

Met Diego Maradona in an airport when I was 10, I saw him and screamed out his name he approached me and petted my head the way an adult does to a child. Felt good man.

Met Diego Maradona in an airport when I was 10, I saw him and screamed out his name he approached me and petted my head the way an adult does to a child. Felt good man.

Originally Posted by ConductZero

I tap my girl to let her know and she says out loud "HEY ISNT THAT DONALD GLOVER?" This guy in front of me wearing Beats talking to his friend on the phone gets mad geeked and starts flipping a %##$ and yelling "YOOOO THATS DONALD GLOVER  HOLY %##$ THATS DONALD GLOVER THATS DEFINITELY DONALD GLOVER" Donald then starts speed walking and dips.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

that would have been funny if he didn't even know who donald glover was. 

Originally Posted by ConductZero

I tap my girl to let her know and she says out loud "HEY ISNT THAT DONALD GLOVER?" This guy in front of me wearing Beats talking to his friend on the phone gets mad geeked and starts flipping a %##$ and yelling "YOOOO THATS DONALD GLOVER  HOLY %##$ THATS DONALD GLOVER THATS DEFINITELY DONALD GLOVER" Donald then starts speed walking and dips.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

that would have been funny if he didn't even know who donald glover was. 

shaq and hoops were outside my job today filming a commercial for oreos (not sure if the oreos thing is true). when i saw them, they were eating lunch with what looked like shaqs kids. i wanted a picture but decided to let them be.

shaq and hoops were outside my job today filming a commercial for oreos (not sure if the oreos thing is true). when i saw them, they were eating lunch with what looked like shaqs kids. i wanted a picture but decided to let them be.

Last summer I saw T-mac at LaGuardia airport. I said "T-MACCCC" ; dude looked over (not too sure if he actually looked cause of the lazy eye), and kept it movin
30t6p3b.gif

Last summer I saw T-mac at LaGuardia airport. I said "T-MACCCC" ; dude looked over (not too sure if he actually looked cause of the lazy eye), and kept it movin
30t6p3b.gif

I've ran into tons of famous people at my job, the only ones I was really star struck over was Nas. Met him and asked him about his album situation and he was like I'm headed up to NY now to a meeting. After that I gave him a dap and told him I was a huge fan.

Couples weeks later he came through my job again and this time he recognized me
eek.gif
eek.gif

So yeah me and him are practically boys now.

pimp.gif

I've ran into tons of famous people at my job, the only ones I was really star struck over was Nas. Met him and asked him about his album situation and he was like I'm headed up to NY now to a meeting. After that I gave him a dap and told him I was a huge fan.

Couples weeks later he came through my job again and this time he recognized me
eek.gif
eek.gif

So yeah me and him are practically boys now.

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by wHo NicE as HiM

Yeah man, celebs LIVE for that @$%$ ...you met one, you met them all.
I like kickin' it with seasoned celebs at least 5 years deep
...internet celebs, B-listers and new money celebs make you want to strangle them.
sick.gif
roll.gif
shut up
Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

What the hell could I do with an autograph? I'm good man.

word, I've met a quite a few celebs randomly and gotten a handshake but I'm not starstruck enough to get an autograph. And honestly I don't feel like bothering them, if I were famous i'd hate that sh$$ happening all damn day.

Originally Posted by wHo NicE as HiM

Yeah man, celebs LIVE for that @$%$ ...you met one, you met them all.
I like kickin' it with seasoned celebs at least 5 years deep
...internet celebs, B-listers and new money celebs make you want to strangle them.
sick.gif
roll.gif
shut up
Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

What the hell could I do with an autograph? I'm good man.

word, I've met a quite a few celebs randomly and gotten a handshake but I'm not starstruck enough to get an autograph. And honestly I don't feel like bothering them, if I were famous i'd hate that sh$$ happening all damn day.

I've seen quite a few of them here in NY but I've only probably talked to maybe like 10% of them I've ever seen and those were the ones I was actually a fan of. Never asked for a pic or autograph though, just chatted up a little bit and let them know I was a fan and appreciated what they've done. The coolest out of all of them was Bill Murray by far, we were buying each other shots at a bar.

I've seen quite a few of them here in NY but I've only probably talked to maybe like 10% of them I've ever seen and those were the ones I was actually a fan of. Never asked for a pic or autograph though, just chatted up a little bit and let them know I was a fan and appreciated what they've done. The coolest out of all of them was Bill Murray by far, we were buying each other shots at a bar.

i'd heard my two fav ballers are A-holes...

and thats michael jordan and allen iverson

I've heard this sooo many times on the internet from different people, I believe it now..

I'd still probably say what up, but I doubt them dudes would take a pic with me.

i'd heard my two fav ballers are A-holes...

and thats michael jordan and allen iverson

I've heard this sooo many times on the internet from different people, I believe it now..

I'd still probably say what up, but I doubt them dudes would take a pic with me.

Back
Top Bottom