Approaching famous people on the street?

I was literally in front of John Legend on the line at Union Square PETCO. At first, I was like this dude can dress and looks like John Legend. Dude had a white tee and looked flabby, I thinking nah can't be, dude was buying puppy supplies. I contemplated on asking him but didn't bother until I asked short by the register. She said "OMG that is John Legend." As soon as he heard it, he paid and dipped quick.

I followed outside and just said I love your music.. lame, I am one.

I was literally in front of John Legend on the line at Union Square PETCO. At first, I was like this dude can dress and looks like John Legend. Dude had a white tee and looked flabby, I thinking nah can't be, dude was buying puppy supplies. I contemplated on asking him but didn't bother until I asked short by the register. She said "OMG that is John Legend." As soon as he heard it, he paid and dipped quick.

I followed outside and just said I love your music.. lame, I am one.

Leonardo DiCaprio came into my work on July 4th...i was like 
eek.gif
eek.gif

Met Ray McDonald of the 49ers at a bar in San Jose, Ca. Met him in a bathroom though after he took a piss. No +%@#

Met Ray McDonald of the 49ers at a bar in San Jose, Ca. Met him in a bathroom though after he took a piss. No +%@#

Originally Posted by wHo NicE as HiM

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

eek.gif
eek.gif

met him @ Wale's show in 2008 ...had no idea what he was doing there, but since inception i'd probably be more excited like " 
eek.gif
 yoooo extractor gon extract"
fool was at a WALE show? the ++%%?. and yeah, dude is basically the biggest actor in the world right now, so him coming through was pretty crazy. Luda is the only big celeb i've seen at my job besides Paul Pierce.

Originally Posted by wHo NicE as HiM

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

eek.gif
eek.gif

met him @ Wale's show in 2008 ...had no idea what he was doing there, but since inception i'd probably be more excited like " 
eek.gif
 yoooo extractor gon extract"
fool was at a WALE show? the ++%%?. and yeah, dude is basically the biggest actor in the world right now, so him coming through was pretty crazy. Luda is the only big celeb i've seen at my job besides Paul Pierce.

I've met plenty of rappers and celebs before, but never one some d-riding steez. Except for J Dilla's brother when I met him at a concert a couple months back. But then again I was pretty wasted and asking him all sorts of questions about music 
grin.gif

I've met plenty of rappers and celebs before, but never one some d-riding steez. Except for J Dilla's brother when I met him at a concert a couple months back. But then again I was pretty wasted and asking him all sorts of questions about music 
grin.gif

Originally Posted by ConductZero

So today I was looking for some bar pours at Crate and Barrel (E Houston + Broadway) with my girl and some dude in the store told me to cross the street and go to a Chinese restaurant supply store to get em for cheaper. As I cross the street and walk along one of those make shift sidewalks from construction, I see a dude in sunglasses and a white tee. I do a double take and its Donald Glover. I don't say anything to him though cause my mentality was "famous people gotta walk outside too".

I tap my girl to let her know and she says out loud "HEY ISNT THAT DONALD GLOVER?" This guy in front of me wearing Beats talking to his friend on the phone gets mad geeked and starts flipping a %##$ and yelling "YOOOO THATS DONALD GLOVER  HOLY %##$ THATS DONALD GLOVER THATS DEFINITELY DONALD GLOVER" Donald then starts speed walking and dips.

I really wanted a picture with the dude but I didn't know how to approach him. The dude in front of me def. didn't approach it well.

Usually whenever I see actors/musicians on the street I just keep it moving but sometimes I regret not saying nothing.

So I guess what I'm asking is, how do you approach said people for autographs/pictures?
am I the only one who has no idea who Donald Glover is?
I thought you meant Danny Glover at first, had to use google and everything 
frown.gif

Originally Posted by ConductZero

So today I was looking for some bar pours at Crate and Barrel (E Houston + Broadway) with my girl and some dude in the store told me to cross the street and go to a Chinese restaurant supply store to get em for cheaper. As I cross the street and walk along one of those make shift sidewalks from construction, I see a dude in sunglasses and a white tee. I do a double take and its Donald Glover. I don't say anything to him though cause my mentality was "famous people gotta walk outside too".

I tap my girl to let her know and she says out loud "HEY ISNT THAT DONALD GLOVER?" This guy in front of me wearing Beats talking to his friend on the phone gets mad geeked and starts flipping a %##$ and yelling "YOOOO THATS DONALD GLOVER  HOLY %##$ THATS DONALD GLOVER THATS DEFINITELY DONALD GLOVER" Donald then starts speed walking and dips.

I really wanted a picture with the dude but I didn't know how to approach him. The dude in front of me def. didn't approach it well.

Usually whenever I see actors/musicians on the street I just keep it moving but sometimes I regret not saying nothing.

So I guess what I'm asking is, how do you approach said people for autographs/pictures?
am I the only one who has no idea who Donald Glover is?
I thought you meant Danny Glover at first, had to use google and everything 
frown.gif

met a few i always go chasing to get photos and never been denied. there usually cool if your quick and not beating around the bush

when i met penny hardaway in the memphis airport, it was in a little shop and we were both looking at magazines (thats how i played it off, was nervous as hell) then said, "Penny, I'm a huge fan of yours *reach out to shake hand* can i get a picture?
took the picture, got a text, pressed back, back-deleted it. wanted to off myself after unsuccessfully pursuing him to retake the picture

met a few i always go chasing to get photos and never been denied. there usually cool if your quick and not beating around the bush

when i met penny hardaway in the memphis airport, it was in a little shop and we were both looking at magazines (thats how i played it off, was nervous as hell) then said, "Penny, I'm a huge fan of yours *reach out to shake hand* can i get a picture?
took the picture, got a text, pressed back, back-deleted it. wanted to off myself after unsuccessfully pursuing him to retake the picture

being in NY i guess its easy to see a lot of celebs today i saw Gilbert Gottfried but i didnt even stop him

top 3 times was
1. meeting Killa Cam in the club, I am cool with all the promoters and got to chill in VIP smoked like 4 blunts wit Killa and Vado, the whole night is a blurr, but out of every rapper i ever met Killa was the realest, most chill dude ever. Lloyd Banks is boring as hell
2. meeting Dave Chappelle at Supreme. Dave was beyond stoned and actually approached me and said hi and he liked my kicks, Unkles. he stood outside took pictures and talked to everybody, i asked him for a cigarette and he gave me one.
3. meeting Cudi at a show, got to go backstage and on the bus cause one of the girls i was with her dad's brother is Cudi's agent or sumtin, regardless Cudder was really chill but was on a level of twisted i don't think i will ever be able to achieve.

Celebs are people just like us, just way richer and better looking

being in NY i guess its easy to see a lot of celebs today i saw Gilbert Gottfried but i didnt even stop him

top 3 times was
1. meeting Killa Cam in the club, I am cool with all the promoters and got to chill in VIP smoked like 4 blunts wit Killa and Vado, the whole night is a blurr, but out of every rapper i ever met Killa was the realest, most chill dude ever. Lloyd Banks is boring as hell
2. meeting Dave Chappelle at Supreme. Dave was beyond stoned and actually approached me and said hi and he liked my kicks, Unkles. he stood outside took pictures and talked to everybody, i asked him for a cigarette and he gave me one.
3. meeting Cudi at a show, got to go backstage and on the bus cause one of the girls i was with her dad's brother is Cudi's agent or sumtin, regardless Cudder was really chill but was on a level of twisted i don't think i will ever be able to achieve.

Celebs are people just like us, just way richer and better looking

I can count on one hand the only celebrities/athletes I'd love to meet. 

And even then - I'd try to make it quick as possible.  Just, "Hi, just wanted to let you know that I'm a big fan of what you do.  You do good work."  And keep it moving.  No pictures. 

Going through my everyday life, I hate prolonged interaction with random people so I wouldn't subject my favorite celebs to it. 

I can count on one hand the only celebrities/athletes I'd love to meet. 

And even then - I'd try to make it quick as possible.  Just, "Hi, just wanted to let you know that I'm a big fan of what you do.  You do good work."  And keep it moving.  No pictures. 

Going through my everyday life, I hate prolonged interaction with random people so I wouldn't subject my favorite celebs to it. 

I don't even know who Donald Glover is, I had to Google him.

I've said what's up to Dwight Howard and high fived him several times at the movie theater, Chick Fil A, and the mall.
laugh.gif

I was on a plane with T.I years ago from Atlanta to Orlando, while we were boarding he asked me if this plane was going to Orlando, I was like "ummmm yeah". I don't care for him so I didn't make it a big deal, he's really short in person
laugh.gif

Anyways, I don't get all hyped up when I see celebrities, I treat them like any other person.

I don't even know who Donald Glover is, I had to Google him.

I've said what's up to Dwight Howard and high fived him several times at the movie theater, Chick Fil A, and the mall.
laugh.gif

I was on a plane with T.I years ago from Atlanta to Orlando, while we were boarding he asked me if this plane was going to Orlando, I was like "ummmm yeah". I don't care for him so I didn't make it a big deal, he's really short in person
laugh.gif

Anyways, I don't get all hyped up when I see celebrities, I treat them like any other person.

Saw Demar Derozan in SF DT with his entourage. He was rolling like 5-6 deep and was his crew was quite intimidating so I just kept it moving but he was extremely noticeable. Him being 6'8 or 9 just strolling in downtown
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom