Are the buyers on Ebay really that dumb ?

Originally Posted by Rightguard

Originally Posted by nbirn2103

Play by the rules or get reported.

You should just account for the eBay fees when you set the price on your auction.

how can you account for fees if people are BIDDING on an item?
Set a reserve on the item if you are starting it at .99 or start the auction at the minimum price you are willing to sell the product at.

Originally Posted by willsndvl

Originally Posted by KingjamesJP84

[table][tr][td][h3]Are the buyers on Ebay are really that dumb ?[/h3][/td][/tr][/table]

grin.gif
laugh.gif
, 221 posts, still early enough for kid to restart on NT.  The SN reset wouldn't hurt him as well.

Originally Posted by willsndvl

Originally Posted by KingjamesJP84

[table][tr][td][h3]Are the buyers on Ebay are really that dumb ?[/h3][/td][/tr][/table]

grin.gif
laugh.gif
, 221 posts, still early enough for kid to restart on NT.  The SN reset wouldn't hurt him as well.

Dudes doing nothing wrong. Ebay jerks you on the fees then paypal jerks you on the fees. Either way the buyer is paying the same amount. Like you said OP they're just that stupid

Dudes doing nothing wrong. Ebay jerks you on the fees then paypal jerks you on the fees. Either way the buyer is paying the same amount. Like you said OP they're just that stupid

Originally Posted by 91mph Style

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

so you felt like you were entitled to get a deal and...you got butthurt...  

im just sayin, i could care less when sellers do this. ...if you didn't like the price you could just keep it moving, why waste your time and the sellers time complaining to ebay?

...but to have someone go out of their way to get someones auction removed because they don't like the price is just childish.   
You're right, Cedric.  It's not a big deal.  No need to get "butthurt" just because someone is trying to get a good deal.  If you don't like the deal then keep it moving, right Ced?  Why waste your time and theirs?  I mean it's just childish.

Until someone has the nerve to low ball Big Ced.  Then he goes to great lengths to waste his own time setting up phony meetings and wasting other people's time and money making them drive great distances to places he thinks are funny or dangerous.  Because when he is on the receiving end then suddenly it's important to teach people a lesson.  But that's different, isn't it, Ced?  Funny how when it's other people you're Mr. Live And Let Live but when it happens to you, then you run to the internet to brag about doing things that you call childish.  Gee...I wonder if Cedric is one of the shady sellers people are discussing.  In addition to being a complete hypocrite.  
your on my meat pretty tough i see. 

Originally Posted by 91mph Style

so you felt like you were entitled to get a deal and...you got butthurt...  

im just sayin, i could care less when sellers do this. ...if you didn't like the price you could just keep it moving, why waste your time and the sellers time complaining to ebay?

...but to have someone go out of their way to get someones auction removed because they don't like the price is just childish.   
You're right, Cedric.  It's not a big deal.  No need to get "butthurt" just because someone is trying to get a good deal.  If you don't like the deal then keep it moving, right Ced?  Why waste your time and theirs?  I mean it's just childish.

Until someone has the nerve to low ball Big Ced.  Then he goes to great lengths to waste his own time setting up phony meetings and wasting other people's time and money making them drive great distances to places he thinks are funny or dangerous.  Because when he is on the receiving end then suddenly it's important to teach people a lesson.  But that's different, isn't it, Ced?  Funny how when it's other people you're Mr. Live And Let Live but when it happens to you, then you run to the internet to brag about doing things that you call childish.  Gee...I wonder if Cedric is one of the shady sellers people are discussing.  In addition to being a complete hypocrite.  
your on my meat pretty tough i see. 

I just tried selling some Spaje Jams and Motosports on eBay using this method and it said my shipping was to high. Have they caught on 
indifferent.gif

I just tried selling some Spaje Jams and Motosports on eBay using this method and it said my shipping was to high. Have they caught on 
indifferent.gif

another thing at the end of the day whether were buying items or selling items your trying to save the most money possible.

if you list your items for $1 with $199 shipping and ebay catches them and takes them down then oh well you got caught, just don't do it again.

however either way your trying to make as much money as possible so in that case i sympathize with the seller. you can throw that the rules are the rules line at me all day and the if you don't like it don't sell on here line as well, but at the end of the day their fees are od high and unreasonable, just because something is a rule doesn't mean it's always right.

i said it earlier and ill say it again, i've gotten some steals in the past because the seller had their buy it now price the normal way, i calculated the fees for the seller and told him how much he'd save on fees if he did the $1 with high shipping listing. i was then able to get the seller to come down on the price somewhat and we met in the middle where took less of a hit on fees and i got a more desirable price, at the end of the day both sides ended up winning.

another thing at the end of the day whether were buying items or selling items your trying to save the most money possible.

if you list your items for $1 with $199 shipping and ebay catches them and takes them down then oh well you got caught, just don't do it again.

however either way your trying to make as much money as possible so in that case i sympathize with the seller. you can throw that the rules are the rules line at me all day and the if you don't like it don't sell on here line as well, but at the end of the day their fees are od high and unreasonable, just because something is a rule doesn't mean it's always right.

i said it earlier and ill say it again, i've gotten some steals in the past because the seller had their buy it now price the normal way, i calculated the fees for the seller and told him how much he'd save on fees if he did the $1 with high shipping listing. i was then able to get the seller to come down on the price somewhat and we met in the middle where took less of a hit on fees and i got a more desirable price, at the end of the day both sides ended up winning.

It works decently as a buyer if it's an item that has normal pricing..Tell them " set the auction price low so you can save on fees, and atleast half of the savings of the fees can be used on lowering the price of the item". You essentially get the ball rolling on offering this method of service.

You can save upwards of $20 bucks on a $100 dollar item. For example, Typical ebay auction could have a BIN of $85 with $15 shipping. This method takes the most fees away from you. To save even more, have the seller start the auction as a standard auction with $85 as your start price and you would just end it early to the "highest" bidder. To take it a step further, you could say, sell it to me with the 99 cent start and $99 shipping to make it that even $100. But a lot of times, you could work that down to $80 or $85 if you state that you are down with this method.

I guess all of that doesnt work when the seller is already trying to make so much more. ie 99 cent start plus $110 shipping. They want to make all of the profit with none of the savings coming onto you.. Usually though you can catch a break with this method.. I'd either pay $100 shipped the right way, or $85-90 shipped the other way.. Ebay definitely has something to work out if both buyers and sellers see an issue here.

For the OP, I would maybe make a disclaimer saying, " If you really want this item bought the right way, it'll cost you $20-30 more. Don't believe that it'll be $150 plus 99 cents shipping.. You either save some money and thats pawned onto you in a positive way, or ebay gets the fees and you PAY MORE. That'll teach people quick about ebays exuberant fees.

It works decently as a buyer if it's an item that has normal pricing..Tell them " set the auction price low so you can save on fees, and atleast half of the savings of the fees can be used on lowering the price of the item". You essentially get the ball rolling on offering this method of service.

You can save upwards of $20 bucks on a $100 dollar item. For example, Typical ebay auction could have a BIN of $85 with $15 shipping. This method takes the most fees away from you. To save even more, have the seller start the auction as a standard auction with $85 as your start price and you would just end it early to the "highest" bidder. To take it a step further, you could say, sell it to me with the 99 cent start and $99 shipping to make it that even $100. But a lot of times, you could work that down to $80 or $85 if you state that you are down with this method.

I guess all of that doesnt work when the seller is already trying to make so much more. ie 99 cent start plus $110 shipping. They want to make all of the profit with none of the savings coming onto you.. Usually though you can catch a break with this method.. I'd either pay $100 shipped the right way, or $85-90 shipped the other way.. Ebay definitely has something to work out if both buyers and sellers see an issue here.

For the OP, I would maybe make a disclaimer saying, " If you really want this item bought the right way, it'll cost you $20-30 more. Don't believe that it'll be $150 plus 99 cents shipping.. You either save some money and thats pawned onto you in a positive way, or ebay gets the fees and you PAY MORE. That'll teach people quick about ebays exuberant fees.

Originally Posted by AC4Three

Your fault for being misleading.
that's my opinion on it, your trying to slime pass the fees/no hate bc ebay sucks and which is why i dont sell on it.

but how do you not expect this to happen? people seeing quick deals like Fudge YEA!! then see the shipping like
grin.gif
must be an accidental 0 at the end of 15

Originally Posted by AC4Three

Your fault for being misleading.
that's my opinion on it, your trying to slime pass the fees/no hate bc ebay sucks and which is why i dont sell on it.

but how do you not expect this to happen? people seeing quick deals like Fudge YEA!! then see the shipping like
grin.gif
must be an accidental 0 at the end of 15

Originally Posted by JordanHead2

Son, You have grammatical errors all over this %++%#@#@*%*+
roll.gif

Basically.
How can you call someone dumb when you can't put together proper sentences?

Originally Posted by JordanHead2

Son, You have grammatical errors all over this %++%#@#@*%*+
roll.gif

Basically.
How can you call someone dumb when you can't put together proper sentences?

Can't your listing be removed for that? My friend used to sell on ebay often, and people would report her for doing that. Ebay would take her listings down asap.

Can't your listing be removed for that? My friend used to sell on ebay often, and people would report her for doing that. Ebay would take her listings down asap.

Back
Top Bottom