Are you a fan of the "nicknames?"

"Cherry XII's"? haha. OMG. It's getting worse.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Gameboi86

I'm just waiting for people to refer to the Fire Red V's as Fred's or Fab Five Freddy's.
roll.gif
roll.gif

I usually use the Nike colors (Military Blue 4s, Infrared 6s, True Blue 3s, Cool Grey 11s, etc.) so those aren't really niccnames.... the ones generally accepted I use on NT and what have you (Hares, Aquas, Laneys, Grapes) but the general population doesn't understand those so its mainly usin the Nike factory colors when I'm describin a shoe....

Bred was always lame to me, but what I never understood was the "Oreo" IV Retro+.... I had these and still have my original size 10 from 1999 and someone PLEASE school me.... when and where the hell did Nabisco make a CLEARLY Blacc and cool grey Oreo chocolate sandwich cookie???? The AJ6 Oreo is a gimme, a shoe-in, like a Heineken SB or something.... but I never did catch the "Oreo" IV I know about the speccled midsole lookin like cookies and cream ice cream like I said I've had them over ten years.... with that unobtrusive exception WHY THE HELL ARE THE BLACC/COOL GREY AJ 4 RETRO+ CALLED "OREO"....

mad.gif
 <<<< YEAH I'M MAD DOGGIE 
roll.gif

Breds came from lazy people who didn't want to say black and red. LOL, like I know but that's my guess anyway.

Originally Posted by GottaBdaShoes

Originally Posted by Vuey

can anyone tell me why the "Concord XI's" are called the concords ?

And why the XII Taxi's" are called the Taxi's ?

cheers
wink.gif

Don't know about the Taxi XII's though. It just fits, I guess.
Air-Jordan-Original-Og-12%28XII%29-Taxis-White-Black-Taxi-130690-101_4.jpg

no matter how much you hate them you know what every nickname of every shoes is representing so why is it a big deal?

I like the nicknames....they seem to make sense for the most part. I like the dunk nicknames too but they seem more random.

I feel like any black/red colorway that comes out that doesn't already have a nickname will be slapped with the "bred."
30t6p3b.gif

i hate nicknames, like i was at finishline gettin my brother some shoes for his bday and i was like do u want the black and white 6s and the sales associate was like tell him they're the oreo 6s, i was like chill man we dont do childish nicknames, not to mention she interrupted my convo

Originally Posted by ijapino

Originally Posted by GottaBdaShoes

Originally Posted by Vuey

can anyone tell me why the "Concord XI's" are called the concords ?

And why the XII Taxi's" are called the Taxi's ?

cheers
wink.gif

Don't know about the Taxi XII's though. It just fits, I guess.
Air-Jordan-Original-Og-12%28XII%29-Taxis-White-Black-Taxi-130690-101_4.jpg
dude. i love when you post no %!#$. you always drop knowledge, remind me of sole supreme

Oh god i hate some of them. i hate passing by kids that don't know anything about kicks saying stuff like "yo man i wanna get them cherries xiii's/xii's"
mad.gif

lol idk y, but it's annoying, but then there's the nicknames that are actually good like the playoff viii's b.c it correlates when jordan wore em.

or concords or spacejams those are okay.

...nicknames are cool wit me...easier to understand what shoe a person is referring to...shows if the person has knowledge of what they talkin bout...

...but I hate this--->FS: Cool Grey Space Jams...
laugh.gif
...only on CL...

Yeah of course the nicknames of the shoes really help I think the best nickname is the Last Shots.

Back
Top Bottom