Are you an Atheist? What Promted Your Choice?

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

roll.gif
if it were up to people like bsmooth and sarah palin we'd still be living in the dark ages.
Dont ever put my name in the same sentence as Sarah Palin again you heathen...

80b16e69685c9ac35b9503ff4fa7ba24447f5c0e_r.jpg

Why you so mad?
Aren't you coveted by the tabernacle that is your faith in god?
Where's the love for your neighbor brah?

roll.gif
if it were up to people like bsmooth and sarah palin we'd still be living in the dark ages.
Dont ever put my name in the same sentence as Sarah Palin again you heathen...

80b16e69685c9ac35b9503ff4fa7ba24447f5c0e_r.jpg

Why you so mad?
Aren't you coveted by the tabernacle that is your faith in god?
Where's the love for your neighbor brah?

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by lostsoulswander

who created god? serious question
nerd.gif

yep, i pose this question to religious people all the time and they beat around the bush with their long list on "convenient responses"
Expand the definition of God, seriously. I think the funniest thing about Athiests is that they do the exact same thing that deeply religious folk do. Pick and choose what to argue about when the topic arises. The very fact that Athiesm could not exist without christianity is irony at its finest.

nerd.gif

yep, i pose this question to religious people all the time and they beat around the bush with their long list on "convenient responses"
Expand the definition of God, seriously. I think the funniest thing about Athiests is that they do the exact same thing that deeply religious folk do. Pick and choose what to argue about when the topic arises. The very fact that Athiesm could not exist without christianity is irony at its finest.

I'm offended dude is tryna pin the "puppet" stereotype on atheists and agnostics.....
indifferent.gif

Of course your offended. Thats why your constantly in a state of defense on this website with your ideologies.
laugh.gif
You know what you are.

I think most atheists are only atheists because of what they perceive as modern western religion and spirituality, which is full of falsehoods and agendas. Then you have the rationalists talking about science. How come science doesn't explain our comprehension and development of knowledge and how it exceeds the slow and tedious process of natural evolution immensely?

I never disagreed with anybodys views on organized religion, but if there was any value in atheism whatsoever than how come there has never been a collective atheist movement to combat religious corruption and wrong doing? Atheism is worthless.

Because Atheists tend to be people who are just a lot more chill about life. They appreciate it more. They understand more about human interaction because they're raised in a world where they've been taught about god and religion and have had to have long deep periods of reflection and understanding to become an athiest. Athiests are in my opinion some of the smartest people in the world. Not to discount religious geniuses, but I think to have the ability to see beyond the glasses the world gave you and make your own prescription is truly incredible.

Its hard to come up with an "anti-religious" movement when everything is steeped in religion. Everything. We're not talking about telling people to stop hating black people, were not talking about telling people to pay taxes, were not talking about telling people to forget EVERYTHING they've learned about the world and their own concept of responsibility and change their understanding of creation. That my friend is a battle and a task, few are willing to undergo. You don't understand the scope of what it would take to change that mentality.

Religions FLOURISHES in the poorest parts of the world. Why? How else do you explain the randomness of life if you're so poor and ignorant of the greater world? As long as there is someone struggling, there will be religion. I'm just glad I know the difference.

I'm offended dude is tryna pin the "puppet" stereotype on atheists and agnostics.....
indifferent.gif

Of course your offended. Thats why your constantly in a state of defense on this website with your ideologies.
laugh.gif
You know what you are.

I think most atheists are only atheists because of what they perceive as modern western religion and spirituality, which is full of falsehoods and agendas. Then you have the rationalists talking about science. How come science doesn't explain our comprehension and development of knowledge and how it exceeds the slow and tedious process of natural evolution immensely?

I never disagreed with anybodys views on organized religion, but if there was any value in atheism whatsoever than how come there has never been a collective atheist movement to combat religious corruption and wrong doing? Atheism is worthless.

Because Atheists tend to be people who are just a lot more chill about life. They appreciate it more. They understand more about human interaction because they're raised in a world where they've been taught about god and religion and have had to have long deep periods of reflection and understanding to become an athiest. Athiests are in my opinion some of the smartest people in the world. Not to discount religious geniuses, but I think to have the ability to see beyond the glasses the world gave you and make your own prescription is truly incredible.

Its hard to come up with an "anti-religious" movement when everything is steeped in religion. Everything. We're not talking about telling people to stop hating black people, were not talking about telling people to pay taxes, were not talking about telling people to forget EVERYTHING they've learned about the world and their own concept of responsibility and change their understanding of creation. That my friend is a battle and a task, few are willing to undergo. You don't understand the scope of what it would take to change that mentality.

Religions FLOURISHES in the poorest parts of the world. Why? How else do you explain the randomness of life if you're so poor and ignorant of the greater world? As long as there is someone struggling, there will be religion. I'm just glad I know the difference.

Originally Posted by kix4kix

nerd.gif

I'm NOT an atheist...I can't stress that anymore than I already have. The point he as tryna make is, religious folks play the "something couldn't have come from nothing" card when their "God" by definition had to have come from nothing.

My opinion on creationism/ afterlife/ other dimensions is very simple......... I DON'T KNOW!!!!!

I believe in the possibility of mutliple dimensions, extraterrestrials, the afterlife and other mysteries we contemplate as human beings....I will never try to pass these beliefs off as FACT. In our present reality, none of these things exist.

nerd.gif

I'm NOT an atheist...I can't stress that anymore than I already have. The point he as tryna make is, religious folks play the "something couldn't have come from nothing" card when their "God" by definition had to have come from nothing.

My opinion on creationism/ afterlife/ other dimensions is very simple......... I DON'T KNOW!!!!!

I believe in the possibility of mutliple dimensions, extraterrestrials, the afterlife and other mysteries we contemplate as human beings....I will never try to pass these beliefs off as FACT. In our present reality, none of these things exist.

Originally Posted by Nike Star Jay

The very fact that Athiesm could not exist without christianity is irony at its finest.

Such a stupid thing to say. Atheism would exist as long as belief in deities exists. Last time I checked, Christianity was not the only religion to have a God of some sort.
strawman argument huh. I was simply highlighting the one religion on NT that "athiests" bash to make a broader point.

The very fact that Athiesm could not exist without christianity is irony at its finest.

Such a stupid thing to say. Atheism would exist as long as belief in deities exists. Last time I checked, Christianity was not the only religion to have a God of some sort.
strawman argument huh. I was simply highlighting the one religion on NT that "athiests" bash to make a broader point.

word, and how exactly is this ironic
grin.gif

word, and how exactly is this ironic
grin.gif

On science... Science is not a menality. Its a lifestyle. Its not a brand. Its a perspective. It allows you to logically and rationally fill in holes and to explore new ones. It offers the concession that if you aren't able to explain something, we don't possess the knowledge AT THIS POINT and we will in the future. Its about understanding the finer points in each argument.

On science... Science is not a menality. Its a lifestyle. Its not a brand. Its a perspective. It allows you to logically and rationally fill in holes and to explore new ones. It offers the concession that if you aren't able to explain something, we don't possess the knowledge AT THIS POINT and we will in the future. Its about understanding the finer points in each argument.

nerd.gif

? ok, who created the magically man/woman in the sky that you pray to and worship that supposedly created you, me, my kitty ronald, and everything else?

nerd.gif

? ok, who created the magically man/woman in the sky that you pray to and worship that supposedly created you, me, my kitty ronald, and everything else?

My choice was prompted when God was explained to me as something that we can't see, lives in the sky, no proof of existence, controls everything, and determines what will happen to me after I die.  This was early in elementary school, so I proceeded to give 'em the gas
shaq.jpg
face, and kept it movin to recess. 

In all seriousness, do I think there is one? Hell no.  Do I hate on those who believe there is? Absolutely not, as long as they dont behave like the people from that cult that protest soldiers funerals.

My choice was prompted when God was explained to me as something that we can't see, lives in the sky, no proof of existence, controls everything, and determines what will happen to me after I die.  This was early in elementary school, so I proceeded to give 'em the gas
shaq.jpg
face, and kept it movin to recess. 

In all seriousness, do I think there is one? Hell no.  Do I hate on those who believe there is? Absolutely not, as long as they dont behave like the people from that cult that protest soldiers funerals.

My problem with atheism is it just seems uneducated. Even the Einsteins and Hawkings only discredit religion based on the destructive habits of the old religious traditions and concepts of god. The old religions are primitive allegorical accounts of spirituality of those times, which in turn have been manipulated to serve the interest of man for years and years and years.

People of our time should not be bound to those concepts of god. My god has never been a man or anything tangible for that matter...I identify my god as my own wonder for truth in a world of lies and corruption. 

My problem with atheism is it just seems uneducated. Even the Einsteins and Hawkings only discredit religion based on the destructive habits of the old religious traditions and concepts of god. The old religions are primitive allegorical accounts of spirituality of those times, which in turn have been manipulated to serve the interest of man for years and years and years.

People of our time should not be bound to those concepts of god. My god has never been a man or anything tangible for that matter...I identify my god as my own wonder for truth in a world of lies and corruption. 

My problem with atheism is it just seems uneducated. Even the Einsteins and Hawkings only discredit religion based on the destructive habits of the old religious traditions and concepts of god. The old religions are primitive allegorical accounts of spirituality of those times, which in turn have been manipulated to serve the interest of man for years. People of our time should not be bound to those concepts of god. My god has never been a man or anything tangible for that matter...I identify my god as my own wonder for truth in a world of lies and corruption. 
my man stays forcing religious stereotypes on atheists

ed+lover+come+on+son.jpg

Back
Top Bottom