Asian Culture Discussion Thread

Definitely making a reservation next time im in LA

Saw vid when came out. Definitely interesting to see. Skills for sure.
But not getting how food style is hyped to Chinese Taiwan cuisine. Be more excited with street food and overseas local places.

So many international kids commit suicide every year bc they r bullied by Americans. Schools don’t care
It's crazy that a lot of people in Asia have an obsession for America and the West but if they're not ready for it mentally it can be challenging. Especially if they have been sheltered or "booksmart" and can't connect with anyone here.

Props to that Korean guy putting in that work :pimp:

It's crazy that a lot of people in Asia have an obsession for America and the West but if they're not ready for it mentally it can be challenging. Especially if they have been sheltered or "booksmart" and can't connect with anyone here.

Don't japan and south korea have high suicide rates among teens? I heard even high schools are so competitive there and kids have to deal with a lot of anxiety and pressure. Also heard bullying even with adults is part of the culture in Japan.

Oh I wouldnt doubt it. I dont know the numbers but I'm sure both countries have a higher suicide ratethan the US among teens. Imagine living through all that thinking you're gonna make it then go to a foreign country for college only to be bullied because you're different. I think racism at the end of the day trumps any social or academic pressure. Makes your blood boil.

For adults with bullying it's more in the work place culture I believe. I'm sure it's probably due to a lot of companies being run by older folks and workers having to really brown nose and get approval from their superiors.

One reason I've been supporting and gotten into Kpop, Asian athletes and chefs in Asia is due to the fact that the kids growing up now can see that theres alternatives than living their lives miserable in an office somewhere. In the end they wouldnt have to suffer and pressure themselves academically and be kids.

I was watching a vid on YouTube about this Filipino guy from cali that moved to Japan about 3 months ago. Was talking about how they hate small talk or random conversation over there. Him and his friend would say something like "The weather is nice today" to a person at the supermarket and they would look at them crazy. Sounds good to me since I never want to talk to anyone.

One reason I've been supporting and gotten into Kpop, Asian athletes and chefs in Asia is due to the fact that the kids growing up now can see that theres alternatives than living their lives miserable in an office somewhere. In the end they wouldnt have to suffer and pressure themselves academically and be kids.

I wouldn’t include Kpop on that list of examples. The stories of Corporate exploitation grind is Real. But very good point of having the confidence to follow Dreams, bet on Self to take risks and maybe even making a Living from too. Always encourage the Entrepreneurial Spirit.

I was watching a vid on YouTube about this Filipino guy from cali that moved to Japan about 3 months ago. Was talking about how they hate small talk or random conversation over there. Him and his friend would say something like "The weather is nice today" to a person at the supermarket and they would look at them crazy. Sounds good to me since I never want to talk to anyone.
NT Japan 2021 is happening

gonna hop in Hana's DMs

They just see what's on TV. The good life e.g., entourage, sex and the city, kardashians etc.

Regardless though, the lower class in Asia would rather be in the the states than where they are. America (or any Western Country) really just shows that glimmer of hope to succeed.

I should start saving my money then.

I can't stand Hana now. The rest of you ntwt guys can have her and her nose.

Tokyo Latina is mine.
Haven’t watched any of TH this season. She that bad on the show?

you should watch the original TH when you get the chance. GOAT reality show.

Haven’t watched any of TH this season. She that bad on the show?

you should watch the original TH when you get the chance. GOAT reality show.
She's gone full heel. Smacking a hat off a
guy's head and yelling at him in front of all the roommates. Also there's a creepy, old guy roommate plotting to rape one of the roommates. Season has been crap. Should rename it Terrible House.

Yeah, I've been watching the OG season. Have 2 episodes left.

She's gone full heel. Smacking a hat off a
guy's head and yelling at him in front of all the roommates. Also there's a creepy, old guy roommate plotting to rape one of the roommates. Season has been crap. Should rename it Terrible House.

Yeah, I've been watching the OG season. Have 2 episodes left.

I watched OG up until the Frankie parts. Cast started getting terrible around then :lol:

so many highlights though. Seina, Daiki, Tecchan. I mess with Maimai :nerd:

I watched OG up until the Frankie parts. Cast started getting terrible around then :lol:

so many highlights though. Seina, Daiki, Tecchan. I mess with Maimai :nerd:
My dude Yo-san (RIP) tried to have it all. Slept with that singer then tried to make Hana Imai bae his gf. I kinda blame Hana in that situation for dumping him previously then telling everyone she liked him months later. Bad timing. Yo-san def fell in love easily. I would try to get with all those fine women too. He was thirsting after that hot roommate who designed bikinis. :evil:

My dude Yo-san (RIP) tried to have it all. Slept with that singer then tried to make Hana Imai bae his gf. I kinda blame Hana in that situation for dumping him previously then telling everyone she liked him months later. Bad timing. Yo-san def fell in love easily. I would try to get with all those fine women too. He was thirsting after that hot roommate who designed bikinis. :evil:
Which was the bikini one again?

Man I wished Daiki would have just got with the one big titty roommate. She was throwing it at him so hard smh. Only stayed on the damn show for him too. Tragic storyline.

Which was the bikini one again?

Man I wished Daiki would have just got with the one big titty roommate. She was throwing it at him so hard smh. Only stayed on the damn show for him too. Tragic storyline.
Yeah, she was fire and seemed like a great girl. Daiki friendzoned her for some reason.

The bikini designer was one of the last roommates in the house. Forgot her name but she started dating that dorky water polo roommate.

In Russia, if you do the same especially while smiling, they say only mentally challenged or underdeveloped people do that.

there's many factors why this is the case. Were they in a city environment like Osaka or Tokyo or in the country side. Most likely you're gonna get a stare if you're in Tokyo and you're talking about the weather in a familymart to a random cashier. Same as if you did it in NY or something. But if you are in the countryside, people are much more friendly because their lives are slower and have time to talk to you about random stuff.
Also how was their Japanese? Sometimes foreigner think their Japanese are perfect but locals might not understand it.
Also, it could be plain *** racism. Japanese do look down on some foreigners while their uplift others so you Filipino guy might just be experiencing that. I dunno.

Anyone hear about that guy in Korea who was blackmailing underage girls to send him naked videos and carving slave into their arms. Sickening.

1301o1qx3mr41.jpg

Took this cartoon from previous Thread cause really pi$$ed me off and the other people missed the obvious. My thoughts below:

I’m going to politely disagree with the commentary in this cartoon.
Our Asian Parents push us to a fault and scare the hell out of us because:
-sucks to be poor. And those of us who weren’t born with silver spoon understand this Fear.
-you have to do well so can build Family and Live.

Don’t need the condescending judgement of a white woke soccer mom to tell us how to raise our kids. Pretty sure we understand the competition and reality.
So F her bleeding Liberal heart.”

Back
Top Bottom