Asics stepping it up

they are stepping up
What and where will this drop
asics-08-ss-june-1.jpg
asics-08-ss-june-7.jpg
asics-08-ss-june-5.jpg

Like most good Asics, their release can be summed up in two words: not here.

Limited run of 500-700 pairs of each to be released in Europe, so says Endorsed's blog.

Couldn't care less about the Gel Lytes or the GT Quicks, but the GT IIs are gorgeous.

It's one of my favorite shoe models of all time, and my black/white/turquoise pair from three years ago is getting lonely since Asics has made it so hardto find it some friends. Wait, I should qualify that: good-looking friends. The black/white/green/yellow or black/yellow/red disasters that were releasedlast year don't count.

A message to Asics America: stop failing.

Some of the goodness that the US has missed out on this year:

83282008317152719937307.jpg

gelIIIpastel_01.jpg

SSL24300.JPG

2272_54873C.jpg

SSL24301.JPG

wow there stepping there game up something serious.....just like puma and reebok....nike needs to get there heads out their a@% and realize they are losingtheir fanbase, i mean not a whole lot...but slowly and surely

Yeah there losing fanbase with tru collectors, but they're making bank off saps that love that whole gaudy bad quality retro with the gimmick to it (likethe SPAM dunk...or something like that).

Asics classics are always nice, just hard to find...but DonJuan seems to have a lot of them (yes, I'm jealous
mad.gif
)

Back before there was internet there was a little magazine called Eastbay. Having Eastbay back in the opened you up to more brands because you had to turnpages to see everything. I came across the Gel Lytes in 1991 and I've been a fan sense. The shape, the split tongue and the colors were eye catching to me.It took me till 1992 to get my first pair. There weren't any 7th graders wearing Asics at all. They're probably some of the most comfortable shoe Iever owned. Even more comfortable than all thr cool shoes with the air bubbles. When the retroes III's surfaced around 2005 I had to buy them all, even thewomens colorways. The Lytes and GT II wuill forever be classic.

Yea, I have a pair of the Proper GT-II's and they are mad comfy, I even saw a prototype of their collab with the Gel Lyte III's with the split tongueand I thought that was bad !%*. It's just its hard to find a pair in a sz. 10.

Guess I gotta keep looking.

beautiful...just palin beautiful.

where do you cop your Asics DonJuan?

I've googled it so many times, but places never have my size
ohwell.gif

I've been buying the Gel's since they retroes in 05'. Since they look better with shorts so I only get maybe one or two wears out of them duringthe Summer. Zappos you to keep some on there site, picked up my womens colorway there.

Originally Posted by CoolGrayGrey

The first orange/blue/speckled are ice cold.

USA release?
Limited Euro release for now.

To the dude above, I was able to pick up a pair of the gold Alife's off their site this weekend.

No shipping confirmation yet, but I'm hoping it comes through today.

And donjuan just made me extremely jealous with those pics.

^^yeah i bought the gold (hoping they have a more curry look to them) get lytes from ARC's website this weekend too. got my shipping confirmation...shouldbe here tomorrow. i can't wait!

ty....your pairs are sick!

One of the best looking non-Nike shoes around. Hearing donjuan talk about how comfortable they are makes me want some even more.

Gel Lytes are one of the most comfortable shoes.

The summer line looks good.

Here is my only pair.

(Womens)

Quickpost this image to Myspace, Digg, Facebook, and others!

regret not picking up the black light blue colorway similar to the black silver reds. how exactly do these fit though? my first colorway is probably going tobe the black and orange ones. mighty nice in person.

Back
Top Bottom