Auto Mechanic Schools question

I know someone who is looking to go to auto mechanic schools because they really like working on cars. Can you guys point me in the direction of some good auto mechanic schools in the country. All help is appreciated 

I went to Universal Technical Institute back in the day.. Worked on Benzo's for about 9 years. Good career, but you won't last long. The industry is becoming heavily saturated. Working on cars takes a toll on you physically. Pursue another career

Had a friend who dreamed of being a super car mechanic. Did some.research and found out it wasn't worth it.
He is now making mega bucks in the c&c business.
You can take the same courses at a community college tho

If you like being a mechanic type, do some research to be an aviation mechanic and try to get a job at boeing or something.

Thats what I've been looking into. The Community Colleges here in Seattle, you can study to be an aviations mechanic and theres a lot of classroom time working on the planes.

Pay is decent, the median is right around $75k.

Originally Posted by coolgrey81

I went to Universal Technical Institute back in the day.. Worked on Benzo's for about 9 years. Good career, but you won't last long. The industry is becoming heavily saturated. Working on cars takes a toll on you physically. Pursue another career

this sounds exactly like my life a few years ago.. Exactly... switch careers quick after it took me forever to get into it. definitely will take a toll on your body and finding a job after you finish is a pain to.. I work at place doing oil changes for the first year  
tired.gif

i wanted to way back but decided not to. i just wnat to do it as a hobby.
but one tip is dont go to schools like uti or wyotech. check out cc's by you and see if they have an autotech program
uti and wyotech will rape your check book for the same education

Check out Local Community Colleges they usually have degrees towards it. I know people in the fields that make good money.

Back
Top Bottom