Avatar is killing the box office vol.#1 movie of ALL TIME (soon)

i found it kinda beastly when they "connected" their "hair" to their creatures...

Originally Posted by recycledpaper

Originally Posted by razzle dazzle

Finally watched it... It was the last movie I saw in 09 and also the first movie for 10.

3D visuals was on point. A little trippy the first few minutes but later it got really good.

The Hangover is still the movie of the year though.

hangover better than avatar? you have got to be joking...
indifferent.gif
Yep I said it... Hangover was one of the funniest comedies I've ever seen. Don't get me wrong, Avatar was dope, but I felt at times itdragged on too much.

Just got back from watching Avatar in 3D and wow.. the movie was pretty amazing. I came in not knowing what the movie was really about. I even saw this thread,but didnt really plan on seeing this. Good thing I did because the movie was crazy.

After the film, I snuck into the regular Avatar movie and while the visuals were still great, the 3D just gives it more oomph. Id imagine the 3D-imax versionis even better.

when I saw Norm, I was like aint that the weird dude in Grandma's Boy?
laugh.gif

So I'd recommend watching this in at least 3-D. Good flick.

Finally watched it... It was the last movie I saw in 09 and also the first movie for 10.

3D visuals was on point. A little trippy the first few minutes but later it got really good.

indifferent.gif
Yep I said it... Hangover was one of the funniest comedies I've ever seen. Don't get me wrong, Avatar was dope, but I felt at times it dragged on too much.

eh, different people have different tastes/preferences. all good, as long as you're enjoying yourself at the theater
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I was one of those who said Avatar was going to flop.

Man was I wrong.

Movie was amazing.

I almost fell asleep during this movie. Nothing special with the story, Cgi is cool I guess.

I didn't like it to be honest. Too long as well.

indifferent.gif
Yep I said it... Hangover was one of the funniest comedies I've ever seen. Don't get me wrong, Avatar was dope, but I felt at times it dragged on too much.

If hangover is the funniest movie you've ever seen then you need to re-think you're movie watching habits. 40 y/o virgin > hangover. Foorrrrrshoooowwww Avatar was dope as hell and I watched it on bootleg (really nice bootleg btw)

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

indifferent.gif

If hangover is the funniest movie you've ever seen then you need to re-think you're movie watching habits. 40 y/o virgin > hangover. Foorrrrr shoooowwww Avatar was dope as hell and I watched it on bootleg (really nice bootleg btw)

yeah 40 year old virgin was just OD funny. was that the film that put judd apatow on the map?

This movie was freaking legit. I was able to see it in 3D, but IMAX was sold out (middle of the week too) through the next day. I'm definitely going towait a bit and go see it again in IMAX.

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

indifferent.gif

If hangover is the funniest movie you've ever seen then you need to re-think you're movie watching habits. 40 y/o virgin > hangover. Foorrrrr shoooowwww Avatar was dope as hell and I watched it on bootleg (really nice bootleg btw)

Super Bad > 40 yo Virgin. > any other movie you think was funny... *shrug* just sayin.

Another box office update:

Avatar grossed 25m on Friday and is probably heading for a 60m+ weekend, which would smash the 3rd weekend record of 45m held by Spider-man 2. It already hasthe 2nd weekend record and the 4th weekend record of 28m should be easily beaten as well. 5th weekend will be a little hard at 30m (btw the 28m to 30m increaseby Titanic from its 4th to 5th weekend is just
sick.gif
).

Nonetheless, the movie just keeps chugging along.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

http://boxofficemojo.com/...ds.htm?page=2&p=.htm

I'm going to see this again on Tuesday if I can. I fell asleep during part of it..Coming straight from work smh

Originally Posted by DangerousG

Another box office update:

Avatar grossed 25m on Friday and is probably heading for a 60m+ weekend, which would smash the 3rd weekend record of 45m held by Spider-man 2. It already has the 2nd weekend record and the 4th weekend record of 28m should be easily beaten as well. 5th weekend will be a little hard at 30m (btw the 28m to 30m increase by Titanic from its 4th to 5th weekend is just
sick.gif
).

Nonetheless, the movie just keeps chugging along.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

http://boxofficemojo.com/...ds.htm?page=2&p=.htm

this is news i like to hear. it's nice to see an amazing movie getting its paper and the cast its credit.

I saw the movie and liked it, I love long movies because I feel its a bang for your buck

I'm trying to see it tonight. $**# keeps getting sold out, last night at 10:40 there was still lines out the door for like 3 shows. It's ridiculous.

I'd just like to say again that the movie was amazing. Story and cgi were top notch and the war battle kept me on the edge of my seat.

Originally Posted by 18key

I'm trying to see it tonight. $**# keeps getting sold out, last night at 10:40 there was still lines out the door for like 3 shows. It's ridiculous.

You're gonna be #*#+ out of luck everytime if you try to buy the tickets upfront. Get your @!% to fandango.

Back
Top Bottom