Avatar is killing the box office vol.#1 movie of ALL TIME (soon)

Originally Posted by DangerousG

Originally Posted by 18key

I'm trying to see it tonight. $**# keeps getting sold out, last night at 10:40 there was still lines out the door for like 3 shows. It's ridiculous.

You're gonna be #*#+ out of luck everytime if you try to buy the tickets upfront. Get your @!% to fandango.

Yeah unless you just buy them like 2 shows earlier

movie was good but not as great as people made it out to be. story was completely predictable thought. visuals were excellent

Originally Posted by eeibaby

I saw the movie and liked it, I love long movies because I feel its a bang for your buck

i think were the only two
roll.gif

*spoiler alert*

Movie was sick, i saw it once with my girl, once with the family.

i love how you sort of root against the good guys. and start rooting for the "bad" savages.
and the love story is nice... this movie just reminds me of my people (I'm part wintu indian).
so i guess in a way, i connected to the film.

and even with watching it twice, there's SO MUCH to look at, like ine the landscapes and dialogue scenes.
i think this really set the bar for cGi movies visually. Sometimes i couldn't tell if it was animated, or a puppet, or minatures. it was crazy

for those that saw it in imax was it nice?? the 2x i saw it was regular, i want to go back and do imax 3D

this movie was too good, definitely watch it and try immersing yourself in the world of pandora while you're watching it.

so i guess the two AMC IMAXs i visited for avatar aren't considered true IMAX because the screens are just a bit bigger than your avg theater screen.

time to go watch it a 3rd time!! lol

it's only worth watching the movie in IMAX 3-D. the visuals are nothing we've seen before. they take it to the next level.... as for the movieitself.... it's pretty much crap....

*spoiler alert*
the entire movie and characters are ripped off from Dances With Wolves, The Last Samurai and countless others with the same theme.....

Originally Posted by iNiNe5

it's only worth watching the movie in IMAX 3-D. the visuals are nothing we've seen before. they take it to the next level.... as for the movie itself.... it's pretty much crap....

*spoiler alert*
the entire movie and characters are ripped off from Dances With Wolves, The Last Samurai and countless others with the same theme.....

the movie was written over a decade ago
grin.gif

Originally Posted by NEIGHB0RH00D

it's only worth watching the movie in IMAX 3-D. the visuals are nothing we've seen before. they take it to the next level.... as for the movie itself.... it's pretty much crap....

*spoiler alert*

grin.gif
As if your statement validates anything.
The story of Pocahontas is even older
laugh.gif

The movie LOOKED amazing. 3D IMAX really made me feel like I was on Pandora. But that's about it. You take away how the movie looks and you're watchinganother White man saves natives movie with recycled characters.

I don't think James Cameron gives 2 !*!%% about the script or the story. He was more focused on how the movielooked.

That being said, I strongly advise everyone to see the movie in 3D IMAX or you are missing out.

*spoiler alert*
QFT!! I can't imagine this movie not in 3-D. It's just so epic in 3-D.

Saw this a couple weeks ago in 3D. I was trying so hard to focus on Zoe Saldana and try to depict her as blue. The nose kept throwing it off for me. Anyway,amazing movie. I saw a 10:25pm showing, aint get out till like way after 1 am lol.

Originally Posted by Kicktionair

Originally Posted by DangerousG

Originally Posted by 18key

I'm trying to see it tonight. $**# keeps getting sold out, last night at 10:40 there was still lines out the door for like 3 shows. It's ridiculous.

You're gonna be #*#+ out of luck everytime if you try to buy the tickets upfront. Get your @!% to fandango.

Yeah unless you just buy them like 2 shows earlier
Yeah I went at 7 to get tickets for 11:30 when I saw it. %#%@ wasnt even half full when the movie started
laugh.gif

Just finished watching it and here's what I think:
It wan't bad at all, I was sucked into the world and went along for the ride. however I felt it was drawn out FAAAARRR too long. It seemed as if they weretrying to "show off" how much they could do with the graphics and that made the movie almost boring at times. the ending was very poetic. All in all,i think it's worth checking out.

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Originally Posted by NEIGHB0RH00D

*spoiler alert*

grin.gif
As if your statement validates anything.
The story of Pocahontas is even older
laugh.gif
yea but which Pocahontas story the fake Disney version, or what really happened to her

i don't get why people compare avatar to pocohontas and other past movies in order to hate on avatar and discredit what the film is about and hasaccomplished.

For those still interested Avatar made an estimated $36m over the weekend for a domestic total of $552,797,000m, passing The Dark Knight for #2 all time.

By the end of its run it should be well over $700m DOM and $2.3b Worldwide.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

3d was great... if any female NTers around So Cal area want in on a free 2d show lemme know
pimp.gif

i still havent seen this and not really too excited to see it either so i'll probably watch when OnDemand

edit: what's so great about it anyway?

Let me start by saying i dont like titanic at all but i hear people all day talking about its making so much more money than titanic (on pace anyway). People forget the price of tickets was much cheaper when titanic came out not to mention there are three different price levels for this movie (sd, 3d, imax3d)

Back
Top Bottom