Avatar is killing the box office vol.#1 movie of ALL TIME (soon)

Originally Posted by xxxoverridexxx

Bruno was hysterical. Had me on the floor the whole movie. Behind Borat and Bruno is pure genius. Unfortunately, a talking penis head scares people not comfortable with their sexuality.

Got a fresh tomato on rotten tomato so i guess some people do agree with me.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/bruno/

If we use this logic, Avatar made close to half a billion in two weeks so I guess I got a couple more people who would agree that Avatar is a good movie.

I really would like to know 10 movies better than Avatar that came out this year.
As far as pure entertainment value I would probably rank the following movies somewhat better than Avatar. I am just not into animated type ofmovies.

Zombieland
Hangover
Taken
Inglorious Bastards
District 9
Transformers II
Terminator Salvation
Notorious
GI Joe
Star Trek

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Originally Posted by emmanuelabor

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

I just saw this over the weekend. It was a cool flick but nonetheless pretty corny acting and the ending was mad predictable and cheesy. Especially during the whole ritual thing... I was
roll.gif
during that ceremony. I am like... come on now..

Visual feast but than again it was basically a cartoon/animated movie so obviously that's pretty much all there is to it.
Originally Posted by Big J 33

Originally Posted by General Johnson

Although I enjoyed the movie from a purely sci-fi entertainment standpoint, intentionally not analyzing the experience as it happened, there's no denying that the movie follows in the traditions of "The Last of the Mochicans" and "The Last Samurai", where a white man is accepted into a tribe and becomes their leader, betraying his race.

For those interested in that angle and further analysis of that point, here is a great article.

http://io9.com/5422666/when-will-white-people-stop-making-movies-like-avatar
Good point.

I don't think Cameron really set out to create a truly original story, but more of an experience with his technology and film making. His story certainly isn't original, it's been done before, now it's just on another planet.

Im sayin....and thats why I dont get why everybody has a hard on for this movie. YES, the 3D graphics and all that were great, but to call this movie epic is laughable. This movie has NO replay value. I woulda been PISSED if I'd seen it in a non 3D theater.

truth be told, this movie isnt in my 2009 top 10
I really would like to know 10 movies better than Avatar that came out this year.

Inglorious Basterds

Sherlock Holmes

District 9

Watchmen

Terminator

Star Trek

The Hangover

Coraline

Public Enemies

I love You Man

Last House on the Left

The Taking of Pelham 123

The International

Duplicity

State of Play

Law Abiding Citizen

The Soloist

I gave you more than 10 since a couple were remakes. All these movies are better (imo) and have actual replay value, and dont rely on 3D/Imax to make themwatchable

As far as pure entertainment value I would probably rank the following movies somewhat better than Avatar. I am just not into animated type of movies.

Zombieland
Hangover
Taken
Inglorious Bastards
District 9
Transformers II
Terminator Salvation
Notorious
GI Joe
Star Trek

So you didnt like Avatar?

Originally Posted by Diego

As far as pure entertainment value I would probably rank the following movies somewhat better than Avatar. I am just not into animated type of movies.

Zombieland
Hangover
Taken
Inglorious Bastards
District 9
Transformers II
Terminator Salvation
Notorious
GI Joe
Star Trek

Oh no don't get me wrong I enjoyed Avatar. Visual feast and I hated myself for not watching it in 3D. Some scenes in this 3 hour camp outwere just WOW.

However the acting was corny, storyline cheesy, and the ending was predictable which could be said about a ton of Hollywood movies but for me I rather see ZoeSaldana put on some fake make up (like Mystique in the Xmen) and actually ACT instead of being just a voice over for her character. So personally I can'tput this animated film above other movies that actually had real actors acting.

Zombieland
Hangover
Taken
Inglorious Bastards
District 9
Transformers II
Terminator Salvation
Notorious
GI Joe
Star Trek

Oh no don't get me wrong I enjoyed Avatar. Visual feast and I hated myself for not watching it in 3D. Some scenes in this 3 hour camp out were just WOW.

However the acting was corny, storyline cheesy, and the ending was predictable which could be said about a ton of Hollywood movies but for me I rather see Zoe Saldana put on some fake make up (like Mystique in the Xmen) and actually ACT instead of being just a voice over for her character. So personally I can't put this animated film above other movies that actually had real actors acting.

The actors do act in the film. It's not just voice over's.

kimahrioftheronsotribe wrote:

Zombieland
Hangover
Taken
Inglorious Bastards
District 9
Transformers II
Terminator Salvation
Notorious
GI Joe
Star Trek

Oh no don't get me wrong I enjoyed Avatar. Visual feast and I hated myself for not watching it in 3D. Some scenes in this 3 hour camp out were just WOW.

However the acting was corny, storyline cheesy, and the ending was predictable which could be said about a ton of Hollywood movies but for me I rather see Zoe Saldana put on some fake make up (like Mystique in the Xmen) and actually ACT instead of being just a voice over for her character. So personally I can't put this animated film above other movies that actually had real actors acting.

The actors do act in the film. It's not just voice over's.

�� Yea hes right. All the actors are actually moving in this. This isn't a cartoon.

Originally Posted by xxxoverridexxx

Bruno was hysterical. Had me on the floor the whole movie. Behind Borat and Bruno is pure genius. Unfortunately, a talking penis head scares people not comfortable with their sexuality.

Got a fresh tomato on rotten tomato so i guess some people do agree with me.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/bruno/

If we use this logic, Avatar made close to half a billion in two weeks so I guess I got a couple more people who would agree that Avatar is a good movie.
Huh? Not really.

Just saying how there are many that agree Bruno is really good. I know many people like Avatar. Me Included.

Totally forgot about I love you man and Last House on the Left.

Still need to watch Hurt Locker. Looks like I'll be getting it next month on Blue-Ray.

Originally Posted by SWOBOYdeHTEEZY

I can't stand people that take movies too seriously.
laugh.gif

This

Avatar is a good movie so just go see it.
Smh @ people thinkin they Ebert and Roeper

I watched the movie today in 3-D and I enjoyed it. The concept of the film was good and the SFX was great. Kinda dragged IMO but a good movie overall.

I couldn't get into this one, first time I saw it I almost fell asleep and I tried to give it a second chance since my friend had and extra ticket and Ifell asleep.
Visuals were awesome but that's it.
Inglorious Basterds>>>>this @+@#.

I saw skeptical about this movie at first but it was really good. Didn't feel that long but I read somewhere that it was a modern version of "DancesWith Wolves" and I totally agree.

i saw this movie last night but not in 3d. I thought it was good, a little long,, but very colorful visually

Dude's are really defending Avatar like it's the greatest thing since slice bread.
laugh.gif

Avatar = Pocahontas in 3D (or any other white guy saves the natives movie).
It looked cool, that's about it.

If you're not going to see this movie in 3D-IMAX, don't waste your time.

to those who fell asleep during the movie, you either watched it after pulling an all-nighter or you suffer from narcolepsy.

just got back from a 2nd showing of avatar in imax 3D. god damn that is an amazing movie (still). i wish 3D technology was more prevalent so i could enjoy itat home
pimp.gif

Finally watched it... It was the last movie I saw in 09 and also the first movie for 10.

3D visuals was on point. A little trippy the first few minutes but later it got really good.

The Hangover is still the movie of the year though.

Originally Posted by razzle dazzle

Finally watched it... It was the last movie I saw in 09 and also the first movie for 10.

3D visuals was on point. A little trippy the first few minutes but later it got really good.

The Hangover is still the movie of the year though.

hangover better than avatar? you have got to be joking...
indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom