B.I.G. is wack?

Well I can't speak 4 everybody else homie but I'm 4rm New Orleans & Biggie is my favorite rapper of All Time dey had a lotta dudes down here datwas Biggie fans it was like 50/50 sum people down here loved & sum hated him but I never heard nobody call him wack even da dudes who hated him whoeversaid dat is a Lame & he don't know music & He 4rm St.Louis ask him who he think is nice Chingy?Nelly?Murphy Lee? Ali?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
don't make me laugh..lol

Personally, I never felt his music. Ready to Die was nice but I don't consider it one of the greatest like most people. I won't argue about it being aclassic tho. BUT to this day, I'll never understand the love for Life After Death. In my opinion, there were only a handful of good songs on that album.And I don't consider him one of the GOATs because he just didn't have enough material. It isn't his fault, but I don't understand how someonecan be the GOAT with 2 albums (1 of which is VASTLY OVERRATED IMO). I know MOST cats on here will disagree with me
laugh.gif
, but that's my 2 cents.

Originally Posted by chozin87

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Originally Posted by cartune

BIG aint wack but NY dudes need to understand just because hes a legend in NY doesnt make him a legend in another region. Rap opinions obviously arent restricted to a New York State of Mind.
Ya'll dudes are funny man. Give credit where it's due. Biggie transcended regional boundaries. One of the most notable figures in rap history.

This is exactly why I made this thread. I thought Biggie did too, but apparently people elsewhere don't feel the same.

RavageBX...how do you feel about say uhh Outkast?
Ain't no funny biz over here man. I rep my city to the fullest but that has never blinded me as far as hip hop goes. I'm a big Outkast fanand I would never come out my face and try to downplay their contribution to hip hop just because I'm from the New York, even if I didn't like them.Outkast are legends and their music has bumped out here since Southerplayalistic. Matter of fact I'm pretty sure you won't find many of age dudes inNew York who would front on Kast.

Most of the BIG backlash is coming from kids who were too young to remember when BIG had the scene on smash ACROSS THE NATION...they just playing the "myregion is > than your region" game that you can see all over the WSHH video comments. Most people who don't feel BIG, never gave him music a chanceor are Pac stans.

If you sit down and give Ready To Die an unbiased listen..and you sincerely don't feel it...then I guess I would have to respect that.

I would label you a lame in my mind....but I would respect your opinion.

Aint a Fan of Biggie

I'm From miami btw

he cool but Thats Old' Now

Eminem >>>>>

Would of love to see Cam & Big on a track since he was going to be biggie's artist

maybe thats why hova got hate towards cam ?

Cant blame biggie tho

Cam >>>> Jay

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

Most of the BIG backlash is coming from kids who were too young to remember when BIG had the scene on smash ACROSS THE NATION...they just playing the "my region is > than your region" game that you can see all over the WSHH video comments. Most people who don't feel BIG, never gave him music a chance or are Pac stans.

If you sit down and give Ready To Die an unbiased listen..and you sincerely don't feel it...then I guess I would have to respect that.

^^^^Cosign

Originally Posted by Nothin4ever

Aint a Fan of Biggie

I'm From miami btw

he cool but Thats Old' Now

Eminem >>>>>

Would of love to see Cam & Big on a track since he was going to be biggie's artist

maybe thats why hova got hate towards cam ?

Cant blame biggie tho

Cam >>>> Jay
laugh.gif

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions...

If you're just a casual fan of rap music and you dislike or cannot relate to a certain artist, that's understandable.

But if you make a successful living off creating music or anything pertaining to the musicindustry and you don't think B.I.G. is the greatest or one of the greatest "rapartist" ever,... you obviously have no idea what you're doing or saying, thus your opinion does not matter to those who do.

Its not about bangwagonning....its about understanding Hip-Hop music and history.

You don't have to be a fan or think that BIG is the GOAT but pay homage.

Its like an R&B artist not recognizing Marvin Gaye's contribution to their genre...would you take them seriously?

I know that hating on _s is your gimmick...but it makes you look like you don't know what you talking about after a while.

Most of the BIG backlash is coming from kids who were too young to remember when BIG had the scene on smash ACROSS THE NATION...they just playing the "my region is > than your region" game that you can see all over the WSHH video comments. Most people who don't feel BIG, never gave him music a chance or are Pac stans.

Its not about bangwagonning....its about understanding Hip-Hop music and history.

Its like an R&B artist not recognizing Marvin Gaye's contribution to their genre...would you take them seriously?

I know that hating on _s is your gimmick...but it makes you look like you don't know what you talking about after a while.

preach.jpg

Originally Posted by iHateTimeDotCom

Originally Posted by The Game is a Foot

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions...

If you're just a casual fan of rap music and you dislike or cannot relate to a certain artist, that's understandable.

But if you make a successful living off creating music or anything pertaining to the music industry and you don't think B.I.G. is the greatest or one of the greatest "rap artist" ever,... you obviously have no idea what you're doing or saying, thus your opinion does not matter to those who do.
what type of $!+# is that?!

if u dont bandwagon biggie fan it ur opinion is void...
roll.gif

He pretty much summed it up. I would elaborate on it, but I'm too tired to type a long-winded essay.

i dunno... i guess ill never get it... i understand his impact on the rap game but the music itself i just dont see why its held so high...
you gotta understand CONTEXT in time to understand how great biggie's 2 albums are.....

Air_Jordan_1.jpg

this sneaker may not be da brightest, or even da most comfortable sneaker or even best looking sneaker in 2009 but back in 1985 it completely changed da wayyou look at footwear.

da problem with you and alot of people matta fact is ya don't grasp da context of appreciation of a album...SURE in 2009 da ready to die sounds like anyNYC album but when it

on its original release date...not too many albums in music period let alone rap music was messing wit it...only illmatic and wutang's debut..and dachronic

you talkin bout jay-z >> biggie makes you look foolish.....even jay-z himself would never say that.

Even if you don't like his music, you have to respect for what he did. Im from The Bay and listen to Bay music 90% of the time but B.I.G will always be oneof my favorite rappers.

The Bay got mad love for Biggie Smalls

Originally Posted by ninjahood

i dunno... i guess ill never get it... i understand his impact on the rap game but the music itself i just dont see why its held so high...
you gotta understand CONTEXT in time to understand how great biggie's 2 albums are.....
Time does understand context. Re-read his statement. He understands the impact on the game but doesnt rock to the music. Biggie stans wanteveryone to slurp him. I understand the Beach Boys impact on rock but I dont rock to their music. Some people dont like the AJ1 but respect its impact. I'mwith Time I give respect and props to Biggie for what he did and he truly changed the game of Hip Hop but when it comes to rappers I rather listen to I have along list ahead of him. And Biggie stans cant seem to comprehend that

big only has 2 albums...and those albums are pretty flawless...sure i can listen to dipset till my ears bleed for months but if you ask me at any timewhat's better imma pick biggie each

and every time.

ya letting preference become da law of da land in here......

big only has 2 albums...and those albums are pretty flawless...sure i can listen to dipset till my ears bleed for months but if you ask me at any time what's better imma pick biggie each

and every time.

ya letting preference become da law of da land in here......
I dont think you understand what you're arguing.

I respect Biggie for his impact and he is one of the most influential rappers of hip hop's short history. BUT I prefer a lot of rappers over Biggie. Isthis really that hard for you dudes to understand? That someone might prefer to listen to some rappers over Biggie?
eek.gif

i just said you letting your preference dictate your selection regardless where in rap history da music is held context wise.

so i do understand, with OP's friend i see its definitely da case with him.

Originally Posted by chozin87

Originally Posted by cartune

BIG aint wack but NY dudes need to understand just because hes a legend in NY doesnt make him a legend in another region. Rap opinions obviously arent restricted to a New York State of Mind.
Ya'll dudes are funny man. Give credit where it's due. Biggie transcended regional boundaries. One of the most notable figures in rap history.

This is exactly why I made this thread. I thought Biggie did too, but apparently people elsewhere don't feel the same.

RavageBX...how do you feel about say uhh Outkast?
Ain't no funny biz over here man. I rep my city to the fullest but that has never blinded me as far as hip hop goes. I'm a big Outkast fan and I would never come out my face and try to downplay their contribution to hip hop just because I'm from the New York, even if I didn't like them. Outkast are legends and their music has bumped out here since Southerplayalistic. Matter of fact I'm pretty sure you won't find many of age dudes in New York who would front on Kast.

Kool.

Me too, I do know dudes who will act like Kast aint legends tho but hey ignorance is bliss.

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

iHateTimeDotCom wrote:

HueyP in LouieV wrote:

i dunno... i guess ill never get it... i understand his impact on the rap game but the music itself i just dont
see why its held so high...

Time does understand context. Re-read his statement. He understands the impact on the game but doesnt rock to the music. Biggie stans want everyone to slurp him. I understand the Beach Boys impact on rock but I dont rock to their music. Some people dont like the AJ1 but respect its impact. I'm with Time I give respect and props to Biggie for what he did and he truly changed the game of Hip Hop but when it comes to rappers I rather listen to I have a long list ahead of him. And Biggie stans cant seem to comprehend that

I agree. I love RTD but for me LAD was one step above sell out trash. Being from NY Biggie is pretty much automatically in everyones top 5, whether they knowanything about him or not, which makes me cringe. He was great, a legend, but not "flawless" in my eyes. Pun and L (among others) will forever beinfinitely better in my eyes.

I don't understand the argument of, "I respect the impact, I just don't like the music"... When essecitally 95% of BIGs impact, was becauseof that very music... That you guys claim to not hold in great regards...

If you ask me, that argument is a cop out... straight up... I don't think its possible for a self respecting hip hop fan to not feel him, when he embodieseverything hip hop was suppose to be... Odd how they respect Jay but don't feel BIG
smh.gif
smh.gif
BLASPHEMY...

Back
Top Bottom