Bachelor Pad.

Moving the rest of my stuff this Saturday.. computer desk, office supplies, have to pick up the sofa from the furniture store. First bachelor pad in six years. I have no bed, mattress, rug, laundry unit, tv, etc in a 2br, truly roughing it for the next couple months until my reserves get back up.
I do want to go a bohemian ‘minimalist’ route in this year or so of transitioning to co-parenting, my only splurge will be a 75” tv, Apple TV. My bar cart is always pretty extensive, so that will help with entertainment. I’m not sure how to keep it as bachelor-esque as possible and still suitable for the kids when they are over (keep all their stuff in their room) or have it completely scattered about like they moms house.

Cleaners hooked it up. Only thing is the company I went with doesn't clean ceilings unless it can be reached with their duster because of liability issues. Not sure if this is industry standard with all maid services.

Was in the house and they worked hard for 2 hours straight. Night and day difference. Will probably keep messing with using maids/cleaners more in the future.

Nice! Happy to hear it went well. I’ve never stayed in the house when the maid’s there. Seems like we’d make each other uncomfortable lol I have them come around 3:30 every other Friday so by the time I’m home from work, they’re done.

I've thought about having a maid come every other Friday for like an hour just to help get my lazy *** off the couch and help them finish cleaning up my place that quick. Need to look into services in my area.

Yeah I have never actually lived with a SO (or even had a room mate, for that matter), so I am a bit nervous... but I just found out we have a baby on the way and it's going to save me $500/mo compared to what I'm paying now for a 1 bedroom, so it makes sense. I've excited to move.
Congrats man, might as well make your way over to the NT dads thread.

I hope it was planned man or you guys were even considering it right now.

Moving the rest of my stuff this Saturday.. computer desk, office supplies, have to pick up the sofa from the furniture store. First bachelor pad in six years. I have no bed, mattress, rug, laundry unit, tv, etc in a 2br, truly roughing it for the next couple months until my reserves get back up.
I do want to go a bohemian ‘minimalist’ route in this year or so of transitioning to co-parenting, my only splurge will be a 75” tv, Apple TV. My bar cart is always pretty extensive, so that will help with entertainment. I’m not sure how to keep it as bachelor-esque as possible and still suitable for the kids when they are over (keep all their stuff in their room) or have it completely scattered about like they moms house.
Definitely have them keep their toys in the room and clean up after they are done and about to leave. Wife lets our daughters make all kinds of mess in the family room, then say how she has to clean up. I have them clean that mess up, damn that. You old enough to make the mess and leave the room then get back in here and clean it up.
Cleaners hooked it up. Only thing is the company I went with doesn't clean ceilings unless it can be reached with their duster because of liability issues. Not sure if this is industry standard with all maid services.

Was in the house and they worked hard for 2 hours straight. Night and day difference. Will probably keep messing with using maids/cleaners more in the future.
We have used 3/4 different maid services never seen any of them cleaning the ceilings.

What’s the consensus on Casper, tuft needle, purple type mattresses?

I have The Mint from Tuft & Needle and I love it. I have 0 complaints. The thing with mattresses tho is everyone's body is different and everyone sleeps differently. I highly suggest you do a little research beforehand. I'm a stomach sleeper.

A mattress is definitely not something to go cheap on so spending a few extra bucks, if you can, to get a better mattress will be worth it in the long run.

4B77AC33-7A1A-4A96-8B57-AA1186B2EF42.png
This is exactly the type of pad I aim to live in

...I highly suggest you do a little research beforehand. I'm a stomach sleeper.
I agree knock down a bunch of chicks and ask them what kind of bed they use. :wink:
4B77AC33-7A1A-4A96-8B57-AA1186B2EF42.png
This is exactly the type of pad I aim to live in
I always think this is so dope in the movies, but in practicality I think it would be a horrible idea. Perhaps you park it outside wait until it cools off and doesn't smell then pull it in.

I can only imagine what the car would smell like after parking it in there after driving it for the day
I agree knock down a bunch of chicks and ask them what kind of bed they use. :wink:

I always think this is so dope in the movies, but in practicality I think it would be a horrible idea. Perhaps you park it outside wait until it cools off and doesn't smell then pull it in.
what smells y’all talking about?

mom not driving thru the mountains then parking it lol.
if the whip is dirty it’s gonna be outside till it’s detailed

Been buying a lot of furniture lately. Finally decided on a desk.

Got the Artifox desk in Walnut with a large stand. Gonna buy a monitor and put it on top of the stand, and hook it up to my MacBook which I’ll slide underneath the stand when I’m at home. Pretty expensive but hopefully it’ll last.

Copped a black shelf with walnut pegs from them too. Seems like a smart/convenient design with the magnetic pegs/holder and bands for your keys. Gonna hang it near my door for all my EDC stuff when I’m coming in or leaving.

Been buying a lot of furniture lately. Finally decided on a desk.

Got the Artifox desk in Walnut with a large stand. Gonna buy a monitor and put it on top of the stand, and hook it up to my MacBook which I’ll slide underneath the stand when I’m at home. Pretty expensive but hopefully it’ll last.

Copped a black shelf with walnut pegs from them too. Seems like a smart/convenient design with the magnetic pegs/holder and bands for your keys. Gonna hang it near my door for all my EDC stuff when I’m coming in or leaving.

Beautiful desk I love it

Back
Top Bottom