Bachelor Pad.

Making some progress on this dining table that I am building. I still have some work to do on the tabletop but it’s coming along nicely.
AA9000B9-434D-46F3-A8AB-68F438C1F6A9.jpeg

NTers who live high above the ground, do you ever cool your spot with sumthing called a swamp cooler? I'm on the 6th floor and it's never lower than 76 degrees in there so far, maybe when it's brutal cold outside it cools down but I doubt it (stack effect). It's a rental & there's no central A/C in the building & no window units aloud until May.

NTers who live high above the ground, do you ever cool your spot with sumthing called a swamp cooler? I'm on the 6th floor and it's never lower than 76 degrees in there so far, maybe when it's brutal cold outside it cools down but I doubt it (stack effect). It's a rental & there's no central A/C in the building & no window units aloud until May.

Where do you live? Swamp coolers are only effective in low humidity areas. The more humid it is, the less efficient the swamp cooler is. Do they make window unit swamp coolers?

Where do you live? Swamp coolers are only effective in low humidity areas. The more humid it is, the less efficient the swamp cooler is. Do they make window unit swamp coolers?
Upstate NY, it's a bunch of freezing cold & snow the majority of the year but the summer can get extremely hot & humid. my understanding of a swamp cooler was that it doesn't need to be vented thus not put in a window but oddly I never heard of them until recent TBH so I could be way off the mark. HVAC problems in my living environments & automobile have been the bane of my life for the past 4 years & I just haven't had the time to really dedicate a good amount of study to it, it looks like a solid career path for those with the time & motivation. I should be OK if I just crack a window for now I think.

I know this is a guys thread.... lol but any recommendations on quality furniture that dosent break the bank. Looking for a power/reclining sectional, dining room and eat-in kitchen table. Also looking for any feedback on the saatva solaire mattress if there is anyone familiar. Been to Ashley, regency chains like that etc they all kinda scream bad quality to me.

inshoekid your house is very dope.
Memohisboi love the garage and smart home set up

Last edited:
Like a Sleep Number?
It doesn't have to be a sleep number per say but I'll accept it if you have it. I just wanted to know of any issues trying to use it with an existing bed frame or something with a head board. Thinking about getting a new mattress set for black Friday and some of them come with an adjustable base

Anyone have any insight into any of the mattress brands? Purple, Leesa, Casper, etc. etc. Saw some at Costco too. We have a King size latex mattress in our bedroom that is very soft, which I've always liked... but then we recently stayed at VRBO that had a firmer memory foam mattress that was also very comfy.

We have to buy 2 new beds soon for guest bedrooms, and trying to figure out what to get.

Anyone have any insight into any of the mattress brands? Purple, Leesa, Casper, etc. etc. Saw some at Costco too. We have a King size latex mattress in our bedroom that is very soft, which I've always liked... but then we recently stayed at VRBO that had a firmer memory foam mattress that was also very comfy.

We have to buy 2 new beds soon for guest bedrooms, and trying to figure out what to get.

Curious too.

It doesn't have to be a sleep number per say but I'll accept it if you have it. I just wanted to know of any issues trying to use it with an existing bed frame or something with a head board. Thinking about getting a new mattress set for black Friday and some of them come with an adjustable base

We got an adjustable base bed last year. Its pretty dope. My wife loves it. I like it for watching tv but we rarely every use it for the "zero gravity" sleeping concept, it just doesnt work out. Maybe if youre single but with a couple its just weird.

And in regards to using it with an existing bed frame, I dont think it is possible cuz the actual bed moves. So I dont think a traditional bed frame would work cuz its attached to the metal. You are able to add a head board to them though, we purchased one off like Target/Amazon and the builders drilled it on.

Lastly, I will say this, if you do purchase an adjustable base bed, I hope you dont have any plans on moving any time soon. We bought one and our lease was up in a few months. You aint just picking this thing up and moving it. It took me and like 3 of my guys to get it out the crib and then depending on the size you may have to break it all the way down just to transport it. That was the biggest con with the bed, other than that I love it.

We got an adjustable base bed last year. Its pretty dope. My wife loves it. I like it for watching tv but we rarely every use it for the "zero gravity" sleeping concept, it just doesnt work out. Maybe if youre single but with a couple its just weird.

And in regards to using it with an existing bed frame, I dont think it is possible cuz the actual bed moves. So I dont think a traditional bed frame would work cuz its attached to the metal. You are able to add a head board to them though, we purchased one off like Target/Amazon and the builders drilled it on.

Lastly, I will say this, if you do purchase an adjustable base bed, I hope you dont have any plans on moving any time soon. We bought one and our lease was up in a few months. You aint just picking this thing up and moving it. It took me and like 3 of my guys to get it out the crib and then depending on the size you may have to break it all the way down just to transport it. That was the biggest con with the bed, other than that I love it.
I thought the base had its own legs? If so I would only sit it inside the frame for appearances but it wouldn't actually be attached. It would pretty much only be a border

I thought the base had its own legs? If so I would only sit it inside the frame for appearances but it wouldn't actually be attached. It would pretty much only be a border

ahh I get what youre saying. I googled and found a pic of one that is inside a frame, but it seems this one was made for this adjustable base set.

FD9E33B5-FDB2-4C58-95EB-3D94BE8DB99A.jpeg

ahh I get what youre saying. I googled and found a pic of one that is inside a frame, but it seems this one was made for this adjustable base set.

FD9E33B5-FDB2-4C58-95EB-3D94BE8DB99A.jpeg
Mines look similar but theirs no foot board. I'll probably ask the sale associate if it works. Thanks for your help

Boys if you guys need a large throw, buy this one from Restoration Hardware. Comes in different sizes but I copped the biggest one so I can just use it as a blanket instead of a throw.

This is literally the softest, most comfortable **** I've ever felt. No joke. It's absurdly nice feeling. I've bought other faux fur throws from CB2 and they don't compare. Crucial purchase before winter.

Last edited:
Just bought and moved into a house.

Any suggestions on some type of shoe rack/shelving storage system if I wanna keep the shoes in their original boxes? Not necessarily looking for something that stacks up high.

In my spare bedroom, I have a sliding door closet in the bathroom. There's some space on floor where I could put some of the shoe boxes but I'm wanting something to place the shoes on to minimize risk of the bathroom flooding and then water damaging the shoes/boxes since they'd be exposed by being on the same tile floor with rest of the bathroom.

So what I'm looking for is something that's probably about 4 inches off the ground and the shoe boxes wouldn't stack any higher than 2 feet and can go about 5 feet wide

At my old apartment, I had a bigger walk-in closet where I just stacked all the shoe boxes on the floor up against the wall.

At my new place, the walk-in closet in my bedroom is half the size of the old apt so not really feasible to stack all the shoes in this closet. Plus I have this closet set up pretty minimalist for first time and digging how clean and open it is.

Just bought and moved into a house.

Any suggestions on some type of shoe rack/shelving storage system if I wanna keep the shoes in their original boxes? Not necessarily looking for something that stacks up high.

In my spare bedroom, I have a sliding door closet in the bathroom. There's some space on floor where I could put some of the shoe boxes but I'm wanting something to place the shoes on to minimize risk of the bathroom flooding and then water damaging the shoes/boxes since they'd be exposed by being on the same tile floor with rest of the bathroom.

So what I'm looking for is something that's probably about 4 inches off the ground and the shoe boxes wouldn't stack any higher than 2 feet and can go about 5 feet wide

At my old apartment, I had a bigger walk-in closet where I just stacked all the shoe boxes on the floor up against the wall.

At my new place, the walk-in closet in my bedroom is half the size of the old apt so not really feasible to stack all the shoes in this closet. Plus I have this closet set up pretty minimalist for first time and digging how clean and open it is.

Ive used this in some of my closets before. You can adjust the shelves to the height you prefer.

Back
Top Bottom