Best news sources?

NYTimes, BBC

NYTimes has the best journalism standards in my opinion. I think that they actually attempt to stick to the facts although, at times, biases can seep through in some of the writing. Their op-ed pieces are excellent.

I used to read CNN religiously but their standards have either dropped significantly or I just started paying attention. Really banal stuff. Their headlines are often sensational and the writing often barren. I also don't get how one can say they're the liberal equivalent of Fox News. CNN seems to report fairly down the middle but ignores a lot of the more controversial domestic and international issues. They never go so far as Fox News to generate misinformation, promote bunk science, or flat out lie. They also definitely don't have a system in place where all the talking heads spout off on the same flavor of the week catch phrase. "Obamacare," "Death panels," and etc. They also don't invite weak-spined "experts" with opposing views and berate them on air to appear to be "fair and balanced." While CNN might not be the torch bearer of good journalism, to say that they are equivalent to Fox News is absurd.
For picking up on stories though, I'll look to Reddit or even just watch shows like the Colbert Report or Daily Show. It's a good place to start.

i would say twitter for breaking news

and i also agree with dude who said its nice to view american news on international sites (bbc, etc)

The Economist I find is great for after the fact analysis. Buttonwood and Daily Charts FTW!

Best news source for me is Google News.

Collects thousands of stories from across the web and around the world. Lots of viewpoints, lots of sources. For TV though, I usually watch CNN. While some CNN stans bug me, Fox News guys are wack and I'm of the republican sort.

www.theonion.com

pimp.gif

Spoiler [+]
roll.gif

i use youtube. there are a couple channels that talk about some news stuff and they make it more entertaining

youtube.com/sourcefed

youtube.com/sxephil

plus the usual cnn.com and whatnot

Back
Top Bottom