Best Super Hero movie ever?

Not sure if they were the best but my favourites were Batman Begins, The Dark Knight and Ironman

Originally Posted by ErickM713

Watchmen

Only comic book movie that was straight forward.
That's the movie's problem.  WATCHMEN should be anything but straight forward.  That's what makes the comic so awesome.

I wouldn't consider the Matrix a Superhero movie really, although the first one was really good.
I'd still rate TDK first, Watchmen second. I'd rank V for Vendetta third.
Iron Man was done real well so it will be a tie for fourth place with Batman Begins and Spiderman 2.
The first Spiderman movie was good as well and I'd rank that slightly below the 3-way tie for fourth place.
The X-Men series was entertaining but the excitement came more from seeing the heroes I grew up watching in the Saturday morning line-up.
The Transformers movie was very entertaining, not thought provoking but it is action packed.

It would have been nearly impossible for the Watchmen to be as good as people hoped, simply because of how great the graphic novel was... nothing could come close.

It's the Dark Knight, all hype aside, it's just the best.

I personally rank Spiderman 2 after it, that was my sure fire number 1 before TDK. Then Batman Begins, V for Vendetta, and Iron Man.

Originally Posted by RFX45

I wouldn't consider the Matrix a Superhero movie really, although the first one was really good.
Huh? Why not?

Was he not a super human who turned out to be the hero?

-he could fly
-was faster than time
-had super vision
-could see things in slow motion from multiple angles
-had super human strength
-could manipulate "reality"

So because it wasn't a comic book first, he wasn't a superhero?

Stop it.

Originally Posted by General Johnson

Huh? Why not?

Was he not a super human who turned out to be the hero?

-he could fly
-was faster than time
-had super vision
-could see things in slow motion from multiple angles
-had super human strength
-could manipulate "reality"

So because it wasn't a comic book first, he wasn't a superhero?

Stop it.

Damn, you took to the heart much didn't you? I never said it wasn't a superhero movie because it wasn't based on a comic book. 
I just don't consider it a superhero movie because it felt more sci-fi, kind of like the Terminator movies.

I would exactly classify Arnold as a hero in those movie. And just because Neo had powers doens't make him a hero.

John Travolta could move things with his mind, learn Portuguese in an hour in Phenomenon but you wouldn't call that a Superhero movie.

So relax, take a deep breath and don't jump out of your seat because no one was attacking your statement.

We simply had a different point of view, plain and simple.

I think Dark Knight was great, but highly overrated. IMO, it's not the best ever, I actually prefer the first one, just because it told Batman's origin so beautifully. It's a tough choice, but here's my fave super hero films, in no particular order:

1. Batman Begins
2. Superman (original)
3. Iron Man
4. Spiderman
5. Batman (Michael Keaton film, a lot different from the Christian Bale version, as it was focused more on the villian rather than Batman, but very, very good)

The 1st Batman for me
smokin.gif

Damn, you took to the heart much didn't you? I never said it wasn't a superhero movie because it wasn't based on a comic book. 
I just don't consider it a superhero movie because it felt more sci-fi, kind of like the Terminator movies.

I would exactly classify Arnold as a hero in those movie. And just because Neo had powers doens't make him a hero.

John Travolta could move things with his mind, learn Portuguese in an hour in Phenomenon but you wouldn't call that a Superhero movie.

So relax, take a deep breath and don't jump out of your seat because no one was attacking your statement.

grin.gif

Say lil' dude, go ahead and exhale cus ya chest looking kinda funny puffed out like that.

Besides that, your little rant made no sense.

I just don't consider it a superhero movie because it felt more sci-fi
You mean like Iron Man (armored flying suit), Batman (hi tech gadgets), Spider-Man 2 (experiment gone wrong gives him powers, Doc Oc's suit, Goblin suit)
eyes.gif

I would exactly classify Arnold as a hero in those movie.
Not even sure what you mean by that. If you meant he wasn't the hero, you're right about the original, but in the sequel and third film, he was key to aiding the resistance. But no, not a superhero.

And just because Neo had powers doens't make him a hero.
No it makes him superhuman, like I said in my original post. Being "the one" and mankind's only hope against the machines made him the hero.

John Travolta could move things with his mind, learn Portuguese inan hour in Phenomenon but you wouldn't call that a Superhero movie.

Ok, and? Who said anything about John Travolta besides you?
laugh.gif
You're the one sounding kinda flustered.

grin.gif

Say lil' dude, go ahead and exhale cus ya chest looking kinda funny puffed out like that.

You mean like Iron Man (armored flying suit), Batman (hi tech gadgets), Spider-Man 2 (experiment gone wrong gives him powers, Doc Oc's suit, Goblin suit)
eyes.gif

Not even sure what you mean by that. If you meant he wasn't the hero, you're right about the original, but in the sequel and third film, he was key to aiding the resistance. But no, not a superhero.

No it makes him superhuman, like I said in my original post. Being "the one" and mankind's only hope against the machines made him the hero.

John Travolta could move things with his mind, learn Portuguese inan hour in Phenomenon but you wouldn't call that a Superhero movie.

laugh.gif

http://www.youtube.com/v/QqMiigy92qU&hl=en_US&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/QqMiigy92qU&hl=en_US&fs=1&

The Dark Knight seemed to go on forever ...
so i'll say
Watchmen hands down the best

grin.gif

eyes.gif

laugh.gif

roll.gif

Saying my chest us puffed out when you were the one who jumped at me when I disagreed? So only your opinion matters?

I mentioned John Travolta as a comparison to your defense with Neo having powers. He had powers in that movie and it didn't make it a superhero movie did it?

When I said SciFi, it was a completely different movie compared to Superhero flicks. Kind of like how some people wouldn't classify V for Vendetta a comic book movie, more fo a graphic novel translation.

Again, a different translation from your views. Every one has that right you know.

So you agree that Arnold was not a hero, so why even bring it up? You agree with me but still you needed to argue?

I sound flustered? Really? On a forum? 

It is plain and simple, I disagreed with you and you attacked and I just defended and still can't aceept that other people sees it differently. 

Really no point in continuing because neither of us will back off. You say the Matrix ia superhero movie, I don't.

End of story.

How can the Dark Knight be the best when it's not even the best in it's own series?

Spider-Man 2 is the GOAT.

Ever?

That superhero movie hasn't been made yet.

SM2, Watchmen, and TDK are up there but unlike the rest of NT I really don't see TDK as goat.

Back
Top Bottom