BIG CITY NTers what's your monthly rent?

Originally Posted by Los Benjaminz

$4,000 a month for rent damn *$#%%$ ballin

u got to be making like $50 an hour or sumthin damn

There is NO WAY I would pay 4k on rent! That is a mortgage
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Bleezys and Heem

$2400 for a 2 bedroom, 1 bath in El Cerrito, CA. (next to Berkeley)

The rent would probably be like $1400 if it wasn't for the amazing view of the Bay. (I have views of the Bay Bridge, Golden Gate, SF and Oakland)
damn thats a grip for EC..I stayed in the apts right before north richmond and it was $1500 for 2 small bedrooms, but I did have a laundry room inside my own apt.  Right now staying in hercules in a condo.  Rent is $2000 but its pretty big.  Around 2500 ft^2 and a view of san pablo bay.  Nice safe neighborhood too, don't gotta deal with knocks walkin around everywhere like in richmond.

lol when you're a big shot lawyer, 4k a month is pennies.

living with the parents because your car note is bananas while you are in school ftl...

i wanna try upper northwest, too though. how much you seattle/portland peeps paying?

Originally Posted by BgL2687

The rent would probably be like $1400 if it wasn't for the amazing view of the Bay. (I have views of the Bay Bridge, Golden Gate, SF and Oakland)
damn thats a grip for EC..I stayed in the apts right before north richmond and it was $1500 for 2 small bedrooms, but I did have a laundry room inside my own apt.  Right now staying in hercules in a condo.  Rent is $2000 but its pretty big.  Around 2500 ft^2 and a view of san pablo bay.  Nice safe neighborhood too, don't gotta deal with knocks walkin around everywhere like in richmond.

Damn....$2000+ for a apartment or condo almost seems like you can be owning that damn thing....but I say that without even really knowing. I would think you can get a condo now in the East Bay for like $300,000.

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Originally Posted by BgL2687

Damn....$2000+ for a apartment or condo almost seems like you can be owning that damn thing....but I say that without even really knowing. I would think you can get a condo now in the East Bay for like $300,000.
definitely..the condos were priced around 500-600k when the market was good..now they are worth around 300k.  I can definitely own it, but I plan on moving back to sacramento when my lady finishes nursing school to start a family.  I don't want to raise a family or children around the eastbay unless I can afford a house in walnut creek, which won't happen because I'm not ballin
laugh.gif
.  I wouldn't mind living in san jose or fremont, but thats bank.

Studio in Seattle north end in the U-district(University of Washington) is costing me $575+utilt's total=590. No crime or anything except random stuff on the ave.

1 bedroom apt in West LA runs me $1300/mo and thats only cause I convinced my landlord not to raise my rent for this year citing economic hardships and the state of the economy (was supposed to be 1370).

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

1 bedroom apt in West LA runs me $1300/mo and thats only cause I convinced my landlord not to raise my rent for this year citing economic hardships and the state of the economy (was supposed to be 1370).

I live in west LA and mine is 1400 for a 1bdrm.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

nerd.gif

hahaha you must live in a better building than mine.  Bundy and Santa Monica here.  I love the area but I am moving out of the area next month (God willing). 

nerd.gif

hahaha you must live in a better building than mine.  Bundy and Santa Monica here.  I love the area but I am moving out of the area next month (God willing). 

I'm over on Federal. But I plan on moving a bit more south (maybe the palms) because the rent here is stupid and I can get a nicer place down there.

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

Originally Posted by nuggets

i live right by st. alfred in wicker pk chicago....$1100 3BR 2BA
that's a pretty dang good price for wicker park
pimp.gif
Whatttt! That's wild. I remember two summers ago my aunt was renting out like a 2 BR 1.5BA just up the street from St. Alfred on Milwaukee closer to Sports City or City Sports whatever it is. She was charging like $1300 and had no problem finding a renter.

nerd.gif

I'm over on Federal. But I plan on moving a bit more south (maybe the palms) because the rent here is stupid and I can get a nicer place down there.

hahaha we probably neighbors.  I run around the area a couple of days a week and my usual route comes right down Federal from Brentwood.  If you ever see a fat kid running in some beater Nike Air Bursts thats me.

I hear ya on the rent cost man, but I think its worth it cause the area is great.  Lot of stuff you can walk to, especially with the hectic traffic in the early evenings.  I'm already missing it and I haven't even moved yet.  Lookin to close escrow on a place in Playa Vista by the end of the month.  Sucks cause I gotta find all new places to eat, especially new taco trucks for late night grubbin after a hard night of boozing.

i never understood this...

why do people care so much about the view?

doesnt it wear off after a certain period of time?

Originally Posted by Destination Kicks

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

Originally Posted by nuggets

i live right by st. alfred in wicker pk chicago....$1100 3BR 2BA
that's a pretty dang good price for wicker park
pimp.gif
Whatttt! That's wild. I remember two summers ago my aunt was renting out like a 2 BR 1.5BA just up the street from St. Alfred on Milwaukee closer to Sports City or City Sports whatever it is. She was charging like $1300 and had no problem finding a renter.
........that's exactly why his is a good deal...he's got a 3 BR for $1100...that's less than $400 a person...

your aunt's place would be $650 a month per person..........

you reading things correctly?

Zero, but I'm living in a house that's $20,000/mo. Doesn't belong to anyone I'm related to.

Los Angeles

Originally Posted by handullz

i never understood this...

why do people care so much about the view?

doesnt it wear off after a certain period of time?

Not really, and definitely not for guests.

Back
Top Bottom