BIG CITY NTers what's your monthly rent?

Originally Posted by RIPyzyz

SO how do yall NY dudes afford to live?
cocaine_bricks_scorpion_logo.jpg

thats what i wanna know ,

i wanna move up there and go to school but i aint tryna pay 1500+ .... im looking for a lil studio or something thats about 500+ no higher than 1000  

Originally Posted by dashoekid21

i wanna move up there and go to school but i aint tryna pay 1500+ .... im looking for a lil studio or something thats about 500+ no higher than 1000  
All you can find for 500 up there is like those roomshare joints where everybody has a room in like a 3 bedroom and even all of those I've been looking at were more. Even Ninjahood pays 1800$ for his spot IIRC. And small to places like New York and LA isn't the same as in other cities, I was online and they literally have <200 sq ft. studio "apartments." Here's 400 sq ft in Manhattan for only 1600 http://realestate.yahoo.c...148bdee0f2cdbd82e93a9d97

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

All you can find for 500 up there is like those roomshare joints where everybody has a room in like a 3 bedroom and even all of those I've been looking at were more. Even Ninjahood pays 1800$ for his spot IIRC. And small to places like New York and LA isn't the same as in other cities, I was online and they literally have <200 sq ft. studio "apartments." Here's 400 sq ft in Manhattan for only 1600 http://realestate.yahoo.c...148bdee0f2cdbd82e93a9d97

what about craiglist??.....can u find good deals on there

Correct me if I'm wrong but salaries are higher than normal in the NYC. Schoolteachers be making $50K up there, when in the south they might be making $30K. Still doesn't make up for the cost of a apartment or home.

Dallas, Houston, and ATL might be the cheapest big cities to live in. You can get a nice 2BD apartment for $800 or less, and get a nice 4BD house for $200K or less.  

$1200 2 br 2 baths apartment

hahaha you must live in a better building than mine.  Bundy and Santa Monica here.  I love the area but I am moving out of the area next month (God willing). 

I like that area where you live, right by the beach.

My friends family owns 2 blocks of apartments and condos near the pier, theyre good for 10 life times.

Like how does the random retail worker affor d to live in NY???

They dont....dont let that How To Make It In America show fool you....dudes working in Barney's arent living in apartments like that out here unless they have roomates

mommas house, sharing a bedroom with their brother, two twin size beds, smh

i share a 2 br 2 bath apt , balcony , cable, wifi, etc

usually about $630-660 a month. in the aspen hill area of moco ( good deal imo)

saving up so i can get a much nicer place at the end of the summer.
average for a one bedroom is about 1200-1400 in my work area, rockville/northbethesda

laugh.gif

I live in a 2BR apartment, and my roommate and I each pay $235/month. This price includes water...
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I will let you all guess where I live...

alex va...1409 plus water electric etc... 708 sq ft
upp marlboro md...1275 plus water gas electric 1194 sq ft

rent is so crazy, most of u pay mortgage type amounts, i guess though that 10% down is what holds us all back. I'm still living with my folks, my plan is to get a small house by october.

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

$1025 for a small 260sq foot studio in San Francisco....but that includes a fixed rate on gas & electricity. In the winter, I had the heat on all day.
what do you do? I'm out here in SF now lookin for a decent 1 bedroom in a good neighborhood w/ parking

SO how do yall NY  L.A dudes afford to live?
Considering rent is on-going for damn near the same rate, NY may be little more expensive, but this also applies to L.A
And to dude who rented his sisters apartment that's mad rare, that situation happened to a buddy of mine in L.A. Although he had a roommate, the place went for like 2500 square feet at like 1K monthly..such a steal.

No more than a third of your gross annual income should go towards housing. As for rent, you should not spent anymore than 25% of your gross income.
[font=Verdana, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm right around that 25% but my rent is going up in a april ... i'm trying to save for a place but its hard and i don't want to move to jersey .... anyways ... yall see the wide ranges of rents here in the city ... now its a matter of what you can afford, what you're willing to spend, and where you're comfortable living ... living in a big city is nice ... not being able to enjoy it b/c you're spending it all on rent
indifferent.gif
.... go uptown, check out queens, check out brooklyn ... don't kill yourself living trying to live in a converted 2 bedroom apt (1 bedroom with a fake wall used as a divider) paying $2500+ south of 96th street ... 
[/font]

Back
Top Bottom