Billboard Album Sales for May 12th...Killa sold how much???

Originally Posted by zube42

Originally Posted by M16

How this fool who was on-top of the world just a few years ago come back after a long break and sell less than a JMT/Immortal Technique album ?

Now 90% of NT should admit Vinnie Paz >>>>>>>>>>> Cam'Ron, because y'all judge everything on album sales, no ?

How much did JMT's last album sell? 12,000? So no, the argument doesn't work.

I didn't specify... JMT had albums that did 75K + ; and I doubt Crime Pays will even do that much. Technique just did 50K in '08. Plenty of better lessknown rappers have done better than 43K. Glasses Malone's mixtape did 30K
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

Originally Posted by IncredibleEv

i dont understand NT's fascination with album sales. none of you even know how it really works.
most of these dudes dont really care how it works i think. break it down though

all we see is the final numbers and thats ALL what matters
laugh.gif

baiscally soundscan factors in things like how many records are shipped and how much is returned to the label and wholesalers. just because an artist goesplatinum does not neccessarily mean that 1 million units were sold to consumers. When artists are "moving units" it usually means stores are buyingalot of their product, not retail customers. With itunes I guess it's different since there's no physical distribution.

my point is who cares? people want this rapper to outsell that rapper, but why? most of you aint even out supporting the artist yourselves anyway.

i didnt think cam would do that much ... consider that his loyal fan base he wont push but 10k next week ... as opposed to eminem who has about 1mil in loyalfan base and will probably push 250k or the next month ...

Originally Posted by M16

Originally Posted by M16

How this fool who was on-top of the world just a few years ago come back after a long break and sell less than a JMT/Immortal Technique album ?

Now 90% of NT should admit Vinnie Paz >>>>>>>>>>> Cam'Ron, because y'all judge everything on album sales, no ?

I didn't specify... JMT had albums that did 75K + ; and I doubt Crime Pays will even do that much. Technique just did 50K in '08. Plenty of better less known rappers have done better than 43K. Glasses Malone's mixtape did 30K
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Yeah, and Cam HAD albums that did 100K +....times have changed dunny. Also, Cam didn't spend no kind of money or anything on it...you cantell by how poorly mastered it was. At the end of the day, he definitely got his money back and then some with the 43k however i agree this may have hinderedhis career.

Originally Posted by solesavage

Cam still catches an L. As an artist with as much buzz as Cam you would expect bigger numbers. There is no way dude is content with 43.000 copies.

at the end of the day the album is terrible.(coming from a Cam/Dipset fan)
basically

Originally Posted by OneTrust

Originally Posted by M16

Originally Posted by M16

I didn't specify... JMT had albums that did 75K + ; and I doubt Crime Pays will even do that much. Technique just did 50K in '08. Plenty of better less known rappers have done better than 43K. Glasses Malone's mixtape did 30K
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Yeah, and Cam HAD albums that did 100K +....times have changed dunny. Also, Cam didn't spend no kind of money or anything on it...you can tell by how poorly mastered it was. At the end of the day, he definitely got his money back and then some with the 43k however i agree this may have hindered his career.

and Technique did 50K in '08 on his own record label spending nothing, not having ANY radio or TV hype whatsoever, no videos, nothing. With probably atenth of the budget Cam had. Where's your point ?

Originally Posted by M16

Originally Posted by M16

Originally Posted by M16

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Yeah, and Cam HAD albums that did 100K +....times have changed dunny. Also, Cam didn't spend no kind of money or anything on it...you can tell by how poorly mastered it was. At the end of the day, he definitely got his money back and then some with the 43k however i agree this may have hindered his career.

and Technique did 50K in '08 on his own record label spending nothing, not having ANY radio or TV hype whatsoever, no videos, nothing. With probably a tenth of the budget Cam had. Where's your point ?

Again...TIMES have changed...08 is VERY different from 09. Album sales are getting worse as time goes on. At the end of the day, Cam'll outselll ImmortalTechnique if they were to drop the same week and you know it doggie.

Originally Posted by M16

Originally Posted by M16

Originally Posted by M16

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

and Technique did 50K in '08 on his own record label spending nothing, not having ANY radio or TV hype whatsoever, no videos, nothing. With probably a tenth of the budget Cam had. Where's your point ?

Again...TIMES have changed...08 is VERY different from 09. Album sales are getting worse as time goes on. At the end of the day, Cam'll outselll Immortal Technique if they were to drop the same week and you know it doggie.

Really though ? A few months makes this much of a difference ? If I remember correctly UGK doubled Cam's number this year with 0 promo.
laugh.gif
Anyway, I carethe least about sales than anyone else on NT, I'm just spiting the Cam fans who judge everything by it. How does it feel to have Cam flop ? Since sales areeverything, right ?

Originally Posted by M16

Originally Posted by M16

Originally Posted by M16

Originally Posted by M16

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Again...TIMES have changed...08 is VERY different from 09. Album sales are getting worse as time goes on. At the end of the day, Cam'll outselll Immortal Technique if they were to drop the same week and you know it doggie.

Really though ? A few months makes this much of a difference ? If I remember correctly UGK doubled Cam's number this year with 0 promo.
laugh.gif
Anyway, I care the least about sales than anyone else on NT, I'm just spiting the Cam fans who judge everything by it. How does it feel to have Cam flop ? Since sales are everything, right ?
I think a few months does make a difference and UGK did well but Chad passing might have helped out in sales just a bit. Still was # 1 in"urban" music for his week so did he really flop? What #'s were you Cam haters expecting anyway?

Actually, I like Cam and was expecting this to go Gold a few months ago. I'm glad this flopped though, even the biggest Cam fans will admit this was adisappointment. Dude just gave us a mixtape.

Originally Posted by M16

Actually, I like Cam and was expecting this to go Gold a few months ago. I'm glad this flopped though, even the biggest Cam fans will admit this was a disappointment. Dude just gave us a mixtape.

you speak nothing but truth, a mixtape is exactly what he gave us

and people need to stop acting like Cam didnt act like he was about to do big things

Immortal Technique debuted at #99. Cam debuted at #3 and will pass 50K by Friday so that's out the window.

But yea sucks he sold this much but still more than Jim and I still like the album. Album sales dont mean nothing anyway as long as I get that Cam/Jada tour.

^ since it was gonna be a hot summer

Cam has fallen so much, he coulda been one of the all time greats...he is still my favorite rapper but he's a like a politician who talks big things andends up being George W.

he's becoming irrelevant

ps- I find it funny how many NTers are hypocrites always trying to justify things b/c Cam is NT all time fav.

Y'all dogged Nelly's album sales or Ja Rule, i'm willing to bet Ja could still push 43k first week

But if he's your favorite rapper how is he becoming irrelevant? Maybe to the masses but don't let them control your opinion. Your favorite rapper isyour favorite rapper because of his music not because he went gold/platinum and is on BET everyday.

or b/c he gave us a mixtape when he was talking about his big comeback

maybe I'm just annoyed that this album is trash

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

ouch 43,000 copies, Cam's career is over and dont give me that independent album BS, he needed to make a big comeback with this album
im even happy he sold THAT much. thats STILL alot for a dude like him. He didnt have no big budget video or nothing and etc...This aint the "Oh Boy" days no more

exactly, OP you hatin

an he sold more than jim jones or skull gang first week.

lets be real for a second.

Back
Top Bottom