Billboard Album Sales for May 12th...Killa sold how much???

Originally Posted by M16

How this fool who was on-top of the world just a few years ago come back after a long break and sell less than a JMT/Immortal Technique album ?

Now 90% of NT should admit Vinnie Paz >>>>>>>>>>> Cam'Ron, because y'all judge everything on album sales, no ?
In your opinion Vinnie Paz>>>>>>>_____ so why should we admit that? Seriously

he needed to make a big comeback with this album
no he didnt, cuz when his next one drops dudes is still gonna be checkin for it
laugh.gif

yes Cam will profit in the end but does this help him long term? NO
didnt u hear the "Grease" skit, all he cares about is money/profit . it gets him everything he needs in life
laugh.gif

cam prolly spent 7 - 10 G's total on this album including videos.... 43000 times 5-6 bucks a record aint a bad come up

yall actin like come home with me beat nsync in first week sales.

dude basically comes from space, has 1 album cover. a video that got played about 48 times, no songs on the radio, he's not in the "in" fashionwise and all that jazz and still sells 43k. he probally spent 20k on this album.
kill did a good job in my book. very solid fan base

only on NT is 43k a "come up" for CAM. The size of the "Crime pays" thread i thought he would done 43k off NT alone... How yall figure hespent a total of 20K.... studio time, producers, mastering, gotta pay the camera man, wardrobe etc. Wasn't he front cover XXL? hot 97 and ms info? 106?This was a L. Album was dookie and thats y. And Purple haze is one of my favorite albums, a coming of age joint 4 me.

Originally Posted by Compaqp5280

only on NT is 43k a "come up" for CAM. The size of the "Crime pays" thread i thought he would done 43k off NT alone... How yall figure he spent a total of 20K.... studio time, producers, mastering, gotta pay the camera man, wardrobe etc. Wasn't he front cover XXL? hot 97 and ms info? 106? This was a L. Album was dookie and thats y. And Purple haze is one of my favorite albums, a coming of age joint 4 me.
roll.gif

I seriously dont understand how 43K is bad for this. What did yall dudes expect him to do? Kiss numbers? what did kiss sell again..like 130k right? Yet he hadMAJOR weight behind him and all the things he needed,co-signs etc. Cam hardly tried to even push it like that. How much did Ross sell 1st week? Yall expectedhim to do Ross numbers?

Like someone answer.what kinda numbers did yall expect him to do from this album? 100K the first week? 200K the first week? this is funny. This is not 2001 andthe Dipset Era
laugh.gif

i don't give a damn what anyone says. To go from a platinum selling artist to selling 43k in first week is fail. Not 50 at least? this is the dude whowas talking about how much Jim sold on Koch, so you know that he cares about sales some what. With those numbers he might as well not even released thealbum all. Bow wow failed too, that's why he "retired" from rap he knows no one is checking for him. I could see if the album was quality,then you could say, at least this was a good album. Im curious how much he spent on the album.

you honestly think he was gonna sell much with no radio play, and youtube homemade videos. Killa made a solid album that his fans will enjoy, while spendinggarage sale money on it. Yeah hes not gonna bring in any new fans with it but i was happy with it. I just wish he was still on the roc, when his production wason point. Heatmakerz...

It's hilarious with all these fans "oh but he didn't spend much money" "oh it wasn't promoted"

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Move on and accept it as an L of titanic proportions. Like others have said, dude released the best songs months in advance, was on the cover of XXL, hadplenty of interviews, made videos, had a concert, a huge internet buzz etc and out-does Jim Jones by 188 copies.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by M16

It's hilarious with all these fans "oh but he didn't spend much money" "oh it wasn't promoted"

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Move on and accept it as an L of titanic proportions. Like others have said, dude released the best songs months in advance, was on the cover of XXL, had plenty of interviews, made videos, had a concert, a huge internet buzz etc and out-does Jim Jones by 188 copies.
laugh.gif
how much did you expect him to sell?

Originally Posted by Compaqp5280

only on NT is 43k a "come up" for CAM. The size of the "Crime pays" thread i thought he would done 43k off NT alone... How yall figure he spent a total of 20K.... studio time, producers, mastering, gotta pay the camera man, wardrobe etc. Wasn't he front cover XXL? hot 97 and ms info? 106? This was a L. Album was dookie and thats y. And Purple haze is one of my favorite albums, a coming of age joint 4 me.
You and M16 are hilarious cause you both have no clue what you're talking about? Producers? Yeah, i forgot how much money he had to shellout for the TWO IN HOUSE Producers he had on the album. Mastering? Yeah, cause the album sounds soooooooooooooo crisp that i bet Cam spent at least 20K onthat alone huh? You are either just being dumb or really are if you think Cam spent ANY kind of money on this album. Even stupider if you thought he wasgonna do Rick Ross #s which seems to be what you were expecting. Why don't you compare his album sales to the MAJORITY of indy label albums released thelast two months and see how he outsells pretty much ALL of them by a wide margin.

Lol ok. So if he spent no money on the album why not spend some on actually promoting the album so he could sell more than 43K? The fact is, i dont really knowany indie artists for real that came out. But I know that Cam dropped. Didnt he premiere a video on MTV? Cover of XXL like i said? His biggest fan base is inNY, he was all over hot 97 with Info and Flex. Cookies and Apple Juice is on hot 97? "Curtis how much did the MOB sell?" Na killa how much did yousell?

You know Killa could care less, this is his throwaway album for Koch so he can re-up with a major. If he sells around 75-100,000 at the end of the day, majorlabels will take notice.

Ummm isnt the point behind selling albums to make money. Do you really think Cam didn't make some real money off this album. He's got XXL, MTV, 106because he's cam'ron and he's actually an important figure in hip hop. Ya'll actin like dudes video was on constant rotation i've heard hissingle on the radio one time... End of the day he probabably definetely made more money off his album thaneither kiss or ross and i'm pretty sure he's not hurting over these sales

Originally Posted by M16

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Move on and accept it as an L of titanic proportions. Like others have said, dude released the best songs months in advance, was on the cover of XXL, had plenty of interviews, made videos, had a concert, a huge internet buzz etc and out-does Jim Jones by 188 copies.
laugh.gif
Waiting for someone to help you out huh?

With all the smiley faces you hiding the fact that you are punching the computer screen

Originally Posted by GUILLERMO GUTIEREZ

sometimes i think that major rap labels will just stop signing rappers altogether
you mean just major labels?

i agree though if thats what you mean.

Originally Posted by solesavage

Cam still catches an L. As an artist with as much buzz as Cam you would expect bigger numbers. There is no way dude is content with 43.000 copies.

at the end of the day the album is terrible.(coming from a Cam/Dipset fan)
Never would've thought.
laugh.gif

Personally I wasn't expecting anything over 60K.

even with the lack of promo i thought he'd do > 50k. maybe this makes him get back with the dips.

considering dude's video for Cookies n applejuice was taped off of a flipcam with vaseline on the lens I'm pretty sure 43k was profitable.

also in his interviews it seemed like he was forced to produce an album ASAP, so this is just throw away.

Back
Top Bottom