Black Infrared VI's returning in 2014. NO GM TALK!

Yeah I agree it's pretty lame to get them early just to try to show off, who gives a damn. :rolleyes

Just like when the new iphones, games, movies etc.... Unless someone is handing out cookies to them and we don't know it.

Last time I checked, they only give gold medals for first place in the Olympics. :tongue:

Grey Market, there's also no such thing as a legit early release when the release date is almost 4 months away.
Earliest I've ever seen an early retail shipment is a month ahead of the shoes release date(2 weeks from release is normal) or when a shoe is already with retailers and the release date gets pushed back.

Some people don't care about getting an authentic retail pair so they buy a pair early, most don't even know the difference.
A perfect example is all the people that bought GM gamma 11s last year only to realize later their pairs were different from the retail pair released.

We won't know what the differences are going to be between all the black infrared 6 early pairs people are buying now till months from now when retail pairs are actually shipped. Same thing has happened with Infrared23, Carmine, Brazil, Cigar, and Champagne 6s this year.

Once retail pairs are out it's usually easy to tell the fakes from authentic.
QFT. This has been going on for a lot longer than just those releases mentioned above though. Ray Allen PEs, 2011 Black Cement 3s, and how many of us remember the entire Air Randy/SDS Concord XI debacle? Milky toecaps this, clear toecaps that, Jumpman "JoQdan" etc...

Yo, where's my man Nooblee when you need him?

Just a reminder, NO GM TALK ALLOWED! It's right in the title of the thread.
I know it's hard to avoid the subject with GM shoes everywhere nowadays, I just don't want the GM's are fake verse GM's are real debate derailing the thread.

I know it's hard to avoid the subject with GM shoes everywhere nowadays, I just don't want the GM's are fake verse GM's are real debate derailing the thread.
It's kinda hard to do that when you shut down the GM thread. We have no place to discuss it and it's one of the most important topics related to our hobby? What do you expect?

It's kinda hard to do that when you shut down the GM thread. We have no place to discuss it and it's one of the most important topics related to our hobby? What do you expect?

No I defiantly agree with you, it is a very important and prevalent topic in the sneaker community. That thread needed to be locked because it turned into a where to buy GM shoes thread. But your welcome to make a GM thread in the General forum so you have a place to discuss it.

No I defiantly agree with you, it is a very important and prevalent topic in the sneaker community. That thread needed to be locked because it turned into a where to buy GM shoes thread. But your welcome to make a GM thread in the General forum so you have a place to discuss it.
I will probably do that....BUT...HOW are we gonna have a GM thread without discussing the places that sell them. One of the main purposes of a GM thread would be discussing who is selling GM shoes vs who is selling legit pairs. 

It's like you're telling me we can have a GM thread, but telling me we can't have a GM thread.

I will probably do that....BUT...HOW are we gonna have a GM thread without discussing the places that sell them. One of the main purposes of a GM thread would be discussing who is selling GM shoes vs who is selling legit pairs. 

It's like you're telling me we can have a GM thread, but telling me we can't have a GM thread.

Eh, discussing who sells them is different from spreading the word about where to buy them and almost promoting them. (Which it sounds like that's what Steve says was happening)

It's not really discussion where they come from. If someone posts a GM site to help members stay away from the site it would be fine. We don't want Niketalk being used to promote illegal products.

This is a quote from Meth in the GM thread that explains where Niketalk stands

"Promoting illegal conduct - including copyright violations - is and has always been against NikeTalk rules. We don't allow people to discuss pirating music, movies, or pay per view broadcasts. We don't allow people to discuss how to purchase "high quality" fakes.
We don't want anyone promoting or discussing where to obtain "unauthorized" products that may or may not have illegally originated from Nike-contracted factories."

Remember these products are illegal, we can't tolerate the use of our community to promote criminal activity, if anyone promotes these sites or posts where to obtain these illegal products they will be banned from the thread.

Last edited:
 "if anyone promotes these sites or posts where to obtain these illegal products they will be banned from the thread"

Taken straight from page 1 of the locked GM discussion thread. notice the highlighted part.

Now, IF mods agree to display some leniency in regards to the highlighted part, then I'll start another GM thread. There have been HUGE bounds made (after the GM thread got locked a year ago) not only in the production of GM shoes, but also OUR own understanding of the discrepancies between fake/GM pairs and the retail pairs.

GM was still kind of newish as far as our understanding of the differences, and the nature of it as a whole, at the time of the lock. I feel like  a lot of good info could be shared in another GM thread. But we'd HAVE to be able to discuss certain sellers at times.

I have no problem with it. But I'm not the only mod here. As long as the thread doesn't promote GM's it should be fine

That's because you have NO IDEA what you're looking for. Guaranteed you would hold a GM 11 in one hand, and a retail 11 in your other hand, and you couldn't tell the difference. But most of us can. You bought a fake/GM pair my dude.
My dude maybe i just joined niketalk last year or early this year but i've been wearing J's since 2nd grade. I've had well over 50 pairs of OG's in my lifetime. I know what I'm looking for, why assume?

My dude maybe i just joined niketalk last year or early this year but i've been wearing J's since 2nd grade. I've had well over 50 pairs of OG's in my lifetime. I know what I'm looking for, why assume?
There is no need to assume. Any pairs out right now are GM. You got a fake pair breh, no matter how long you've been buying.

Last edited:

You just salty. But I have a good heart, ima wish you luck and everybody else in the thread luck on these. 
LOL...yeah I'm so jelly of your fake GMs breh. Enjoy them.

I can get a fake pair right now if I wanted as well. But I'd rather wait for the real thing.

I'm not discussing your fake pairs or anyone else's in this thread any longer. Im gonna crack open a new GM thread. Wait for it. Post your pics in there and see what happens.

Last edited:

LOL...yeah I'm so jelly of your fake GMs breh. Enjoy them. I'm not discussing your fake pairs or anyone else's in this thread any longer. Im gonna crack open a new GM thread. Wait for it. Post your pics in there and see what happens.
Just drop it bro, i already posted pictures of my early legit pair on here and you didn't even recognize it.

Just drop it bro, i already posted pictures of my early legit pair on here and you didn't even recognize it.
I did recognize it. You're gonna have to post detailed pics. Go ahead...post em up in the legit check section. DETAILED pics. Not an above shot into the shoe box. YOu already displayed you have no idea what you're looking for when it comes to fake GM pairs. Talkin about "I counted lace holes". Please...you're a young buck in this game, only in highschool. That's not a cheap shot, no disrespect in regards to you're age. Just stating that you DON'T know what to look for in GM shoes. It's not like regular replicas breh, you gotta know what to look for.

DID YOU NOT NOTICE THAT YOUR PAIR WAS COMPLETED IN ONLY 3 WEEKS?

Or do you not even know how that relates to what we're talking about? This is the last thing I'll say in regards to your pair, since the derail in this thread has gone on long enough and I'm equally at fault for it. But HERE it is:

NO REAL, LEGIT RETAIL PAIR OF JORDAN INFRARED 6'S WILL HAVE A 3 WEEK PRODUCTION WINDOW. NOT ONE PAIR. That's the biggest red flag on your shoe. We don't even need detailed pics after that. 

3 WEEKS? LOLOLOLOLOL. Yeah....real legit my dude. Since you're in highschool, you should spend more time with your nose in the books, and worry about college....and stop worrying about buying kicks early. You'll learn one day that if it's too good to be true, it most definitely is. 

If you're pair is a legit retail pair, I'll eat every single pair in my entire collection without using my hands.

Last edited:
Am I really the only one baffled by the 3 week production span on those pics? Or do some pairs come that way?

Am I really the only one baffled by the 3 week production span on those pics? Or do some pairs come that way?
Nope...you aren't the only one baffled. The knowledgeable heads on this forum know that's a def sign of fake/GMs. It's also a sign of an ignorant producer making them. 

When GMs first started appearing (think concord 11s)...the prod dates were always 2-3 weeks. Because that's how fast they were really made. The dates were accurate. Many releases for quite a long time after that, they were still making tags displaying the 2-3 week span.

Then, when GM scumbags learned that we were looking at the tags to see if the dates were just a couple of weeks, versus the months long prod span on retail pairs, they changed up their game. Soooooo, while these cheap crap shoes are still being slapped toegether in just a couple of weeks, they're making tags that display fake dates....but the span is now months instead of weeks, so that "we can't" tell the difference. Prob is, we know what else to look for in the shoes, we just have to look at the actual execution, instead of just staring at the tags and instantly knowing.

It's laughable to see a current GM shoe with short prod date spans like on goldenboy's fugazi pair. It's not even a good GM pair, which is evident by the ignorance displayed by the producer, using such a short span and printing it on the tags. Most GM producers know better than to do that, and they've known for a looooong time now.

Last edited:
No, no it's not. I mean, if it helps you convince yourself, then yeah sure.

Last edited:
GO IN THE LEBRON 11 NIKEID THREAD. PAIRS ARE BEING SHIPPED IN 3 WEEKS. MADE TO ORDER.

HOW U GONNA SAY MY PAIR IS FAKE CAUSE OF THE 3 WEEK TIME

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom