Black Infrared VI's returning in 2014. NO GM TALK!

Agreed. Sorry, for the tagged pics, but here is another look at them.

View media item 644332

The original materials do contribute so much to the appeal of the shoe. Maybe someone @ jb who feels the same way can affect change to the current ('12) molds and bring back some or most of this detail in next year's (hopeful) retro.

-Tom
beautiful :nthat:

The OGs are so damn beautiful.

I would pay $250 for a true (and I mean true) to the OG reto

That's crazy how that durabuck on the infrareds almost looks like leather!! :wow:

View media item 644332
The original materials do contribute so much to the appeal of the shoe. Maybe someone @ jb who feels the same way can affect change to the current ('12) molds and bring back some or most of this detail in next year's (hopeful) retro.

-Tom

This is what wet dreams are made of. :nthat:

Last edited:
They will always hold back true OG materials. How else will they be able to charge us $200-250 later down the line?

They have been strategically doing this for a while. Look at the XIIIs not having 3M AT ALL when that was a vital part of the shoes appeal.

View media item 644332

-Tom

I don't see why it's so different to put durabuck on them. They used it for the charcoal VII's.

I can tolerate it on the V's, but on the VI's it makes it a new sneaker to me.

The white/infrareds look very nice so I'm hoping for the same with these as well

Last edited:
Assuming these will have the same shade as the wht/infrared, it will be tragic if they don't use durabuck

You say "at least" as though managing to replicate 2000 Infrareds wouldn't be one of the best thing Jordan Brand has done in at least 6 years
laugh.gif
roll.gif
So true.
roll.gif

Im guessing

The blacks had the doo doo suede

Honestly, I get the whole "ashy" complaint w/ that Suede that they used, but my Varsity Red VI have held up really well and they're made w/ the same suede/nubuck.

I have DMP VIs so I know about Durabuck, but that shouldn't take away from the suede. Not saying its better, just think dudes are hatin a bit too hard.

Honestly bro the suede/nubuck holds up longer which i like but im basing my opinion on straight aesthetics and off that i will take durabuck over suede/nubuck 10 times out of 10

Honestly bro the suede/nubuck holds up longer which i like but im basing my opinion on straight aesthetics and off that i will take durabuck over suede/nubuck 10 times out of 10

How did you come to this conclusion?

Especially since a DS suede pair can look ashy. Durabuck is more durable, thus durable nubuck, durabuck.

Last edited:
Im honestly basing that off just how it looks when worn heavily

Creased durabuck looks bad as compared to creased suede/nubuck which is hardly noticable

But i dont disagree with your statement

I'm going to get some push back for this, but I would love to see some VI low tops.

The black/silver came out at a time when I couldn't afford them.

I'd love to see a black and royal blue low top.

White/celtic green? So many options. The white/carolina didn't really do the low top justice.

I'm going to get some push back for this, but I would love to see some VI low tops.

The black/silver came out at a time when I couldn't afford them.

I'd love to see a black and royal blue low top.

White/celtic green? So many options. The white/carolina didn't really do the low top justice.

VI's lows :x

The tongue is one of the main points of the sneaker, and they look flat without it.

There's so many sneakers that need to be retroed before them.

all i know is my 2010 black / infrared 6's,   the jumpman in the back was skinny as hell.   if JB releases these again,  they better make the jumpman right.  pretty much the only other 6 that released since that was the olympic 6's, and the jumpman on the back of that is fine

VI's lows
sick.gif

The tongue is one of the main points of the sneaker, and they look flat without it.

There's so many sneakers that need to be retroed before them.
Don't really agree with the "
sick.gif
" Face... but yea bro, the Tongue is so essential.

I had the Black/Silver VI Lows back in High School, but like he said, there's SO Many sneakers that need to be retroed before them.

...Like the OG Black XI Low IE's... done the RIGHT WAY. CLEAR Sole & NO Elephant Print! 
mad.gif

Back
Top Bottom