Boiling Crab Restaurant Appreciation

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

I've been there a handful of times with my girl. Enjoyed every visit, didn't mind throwing down cash for the king crab legs. I figure if I'm gonna drive from the Northbay to the Southbay I might as well get the best I can lol. Pound of shrimp + king crab legs + whole shabang + side of sweet potato fries = heaven.

I heard they were opening one in Sacramento, if true that would make the drive a lot more bearable.
True, it's opening off of 65th by Sac State.

Nice!

Luong1209

How pricey is it?

Not very pricey. Definitely cheaper than Joe's Crab Shack. It's probably why the wait is so long, good food at cheap prices.

I've been there a handful of times with my girl. Enjoyed every visit, didn't mind throwing down cash for the king crab legs. I figure if I'm gonna drive from the Northbay to the Southbay I might as well get the best I can lol. Pound of shrimp + king crab legs + whole shabang + side of sweet potato fries = heaven.

I heard they were opening one in Sacramento, if true that would make the drive a lot more bearable.

Nice!

Luong1209

How pricey is it?

Not very pricey. Definitely cheaper than Joe's Crab Shack. It's probably why the wait is so long, good food at cheap prices.

nope, its on 65th, but near florin mall. Its really right off 65th and stockton blvd in one of those newer center/plaza. Saw them have the sign up already.

nope, its on 65th, but near florin mall. Its really right off 65th and stockton blvd in one of those newer center/plaza. Saw them have the sign up already.

%%!# is delicious, had a 2 hour wait, but it was well worth it. and im coming from MD.

%%!# is delicious, had a 2 hour wait, but it was well worth it. and im coming from MD.

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by certified hustler11

It isn't near any coasts, how fresh are the seafood there? Are there any great spots in Cali by the piers that sell seafood fresh, in a brown paper bag and everything?
its hit or miss.

do NOT order the crawfish out of season.  Its definitely frozen (i think they even disclose that it is not fresh but frozen) and you cant taste it.  After my first trip to New Orleans, I was a man on a mission to find crawfish in socal.  It was below average at best.

The whole shabang saucing is pretty tasty but it kinda overwhelms the taste of the shellfish itself.  I mean, you could probably throw it on week old fish and people wouldn't notice.

If you aren't into sauced up shellfish and just want some get down on some straight up boiled stuff, hit up the Redondo Pier in South Bay.  There is a spot towards the end of the pier that has a monstrous tank full of live dungeness crab that they boil to order.  I highly doubt that they are locally caught, but atleast they are live and not ice packed or frozen.  If you are into sweet shrimp (sashimi)  they also have live shrimp that you can order.  The shrimps come out shelled but head on and are still alive and kicking when they bring em to your table.  Some people get freaked out bout eatin live shrimp that potentially is still moving around in your mouth, but I think that stuff is pretty good.

Originally Posted by certified hustler11

It isn't near any coasts, how fresh are the seafood there? Are there any great spots in Cali by the piers that sell seafood fresh, in a brown paper bag and everything?
its hit or miss.

do NOT order the crawfish out of season.  Its definitely frozen (i think they even disclose that it is not fresh but frozen) and you cant taste it.  After my first trip to New Orleans, I was a man on a mission to find crawfish in socal.  It was below average at best.

The whole shabang saucing is pretty tasty but it kinda overwhelms the taste of the shellfish itself.  I mean, you could probably throw it on week old fish and people wouldn't notice.

If you aren't into sauced up shellfish and just want some get down on some straight up boiled stuff, hit up the Redondo Pier in South Bay.  There is a spot towards the end of the pier that has a monstrous tank full of live dungeness crab that they boil to order.  I highly doubt that they are locally caught, but atleast they are live and not ice packed or frozen.  If you are into sweet shrimp (sashimi)  they also have live shrimp that you can order.  The shrimps come out shelled but head on and are still alive and kicking when they bring em to your table.  Some people get freaked out bout eatin live shrimp that potentially is still moving around in your mouth, but I think that stuff is pretty good.

Love this place always get a pound of shrimp with the whole shabang with fries and corn.

But the thing is I always have to get there 30 min before it opens to avoid the long wait and the prices aren't the best.

Love this place always get a pound of shrimp with the whole shabang with fries and corn.

But the thing is I always have to get there 30 min before it opens to avoid the long wait and the prices aren't the best.

i went there when i was in san francisco (went to san jose spot) this summer . . it was amazing! i've heard a lot about it from people in california. we didn't even wait that long and we had a pretty big group (shouts to @stepheezy & @futuristic_tom). i got a couple beers and a pound of shrimp . . delicious
pimp.gif
. i'm from nashville, so i was pretty amazed at how fresh it was in comparison. it is worth the hype.

i went there when i was in san francisco (went to san jose spot) this summer . . it was amazing! i've heard a lot about it from people in california. we didn't even wait that long and we had a pretty big group (shouts to @stepheezy & @futuristic_tom). i got a couple beers and a pound of shrimp . . delicious
pimp.gif
. i'm from nashville, so i was pretty amazed at how fresh it was in comparison. it is worth the hype.

SO A BLIND MAN WALKS INTO A FISH STORE AND SAYS "HELLO LADIES".

San Pedro fish market>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ALL.

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom