Brand Jordan Edition: The Last dance Documentary.

Spotted quickly in Episode 3, just for fun:
7B285DE4-EFBA-4963-9761-B6232D8FBA16.jpeg

maybe why isaiah didnt get on that olympic dream team roster
[/QUOTE
That and the All-Star freeze out. So funny that Isiah is not even in the conversation when Mj and Magic are talking about being the best. it was Mj Bird and magic, no mention about Isiah even from magic his supposed good buddy. I guarantee that burns Isiah up.

The Pistons still had a choice to shake hands. They chose to look like, well, as Ho Grant said. They could not stand being beat by the team they were able to best for so many years. The Bulls chose to shake their hands in all those defeats pre 91. I dont care what Boston did. The Bulls always showed respect when they were a beaten team. The Pistons finest could not.

I wonder if everyone did stay for the ‘98 - ‘99 season would the Bulls would have kept Ron Artest.

you spelled San Antonio wrong.

He gave Karl Malone FITS.
That was even more overrated.

But what I’m speaking from is his tenure as a Bull. He was highly motivated and incredible in 1996. Then he became erratic and mentally unhinged distancing himself from reality even more. Yes, great athlete, focused all his energy on rebounding. But he was slowly starting to deteriorate as a defender.

He certainly wasn’t what he was as a Piston. A guy that was such a great athlete, and versatile defender that he could literally guard guard perimeter players to front court players.

I mean honestly besides Joe Dumars, this was the guy they had guarding Jordan in his prime. That’s how quick on his feet Dennis was laterally and also his ability to raise up vertically.

Rodman wasn’t even close to that player on the Bulls, let alone in 1997 and 1998. Missed so many games due to being a nut bag. He got abused by Kemp in the 1996 finals.

Which is why when people suggest he was the MVP of the finals, I literally laughed my *** off. Kemp damn near dragged the Sonics back in the series by destroying our front court.

He was decent I’m alone but nothing spectacular. Karl used to just implode as the pressure increased. Even that said Karl had some good games in both Finals.

I think the best defensive job Rodman did in his tenure as a Chicago Bull, was actually on Shaquille O’Neal in the 1996 conference finals. Especially for being so undersized.

The point is, he was a very good defender and rebounder ... But totally wacky. He wasn’t some perennial All-Star caliber player. He was the a pitta me of being an extremely good role player by that point. Who just had media fascination due to his personality and looks.

He got abused by Kemp in the 1996 finals.
Kemp was playing at his best at that time. There wasnt many stopping him. Even Pip had his problems with containing him. Def agree with your Shaq assessment. He did pretty good on him. As you know Dennis wasnt exactly the youngest player on the court in those days. So the energy and effort he still was displaying was impressive.
Going back to the 96 Finals, it could have been argued that Dennis or Shawn could have won that MVP award. Michael s 36 in game 3 may have been what sealed it for him because overall in the series he didnt shoot well.

Back
Top Bottom