Bulls offseason Thread

I've waken up every morning with my first thought being is when I checkmy phone, if my inbox will be full of DRose is back texts.

Still dissappointed.

Dude is legit one of the healthiest players on the team. Man up. i'm tired of this dude and this is coming from someone who wore his number in hs because I looked up to him

A lot of you are telling D.Rose to man up and play. You don't know what type of stress he's going through. I'd rather him sit the rest of the playoffs and come back better than ever next season. Most of you guys have to realize that D.Rose needs to slightly adjust his game so he won't risk any future injury. That takes time in itself.

And let's face it, this Bulls team is on their absolute last win. There is no way they're going to beat a healthy Heat team in a seven game series. You're a fool if you think otherwise

mark jackson admitted he pulled a willis reed fam played under 2 mins shot a turrible shot & sat his *** down

if rose did that everybody up in arms now will only have more hate fuel
tru

idc about no fuel nor should you or rose. Does this team not need a morale boost right about now. We a good team who I think has fought harder than any team in the league this year. No other team could lose a franchise player and do what we did IMO. Last night was perfect for a 1 min appearance or wtv in front of the home crowd. When the crowd goes crazy so do we... can you really argue my point

look at you....emotional.
if this dude was my future I'd be the same way.
Rondo, Lee, and Kobe look(ed) like the were on the verge of tears every damn time the camera has panned to them.
Rose? dude just has an idiotic "what you want me to do" face.
Son has no heart.
Pull your draws from your labia and in due time it'll be alright.
Don't be mad at me, be mad at cowardly lion and your stubborn coach who had son in a meaningless game, got him hurt and in turn has your franchise in limbo.

Somewhat related, on topic:

David Kahn says Kevin Love lost the respect of his teammates
By Matt Moore | NBA writer
May 3, 2013 12:56 pm ET

Link

David Kahn was relieved of his duties as GM of the Timberwolves on Thursday after a... some would say rocky (others would say disastrous) tenure in the front office. Flip Saunders was introduced as President of Basketball Operations on Friday, and on his way out, Kahn did some interviews, including one with the Minneapolis Star-Tribune. And in that one, he said something kind of notable about Kevin Love, who Kahn reportedly had a complicated relationship with:

A. ... And my feelings toward Kevin, frankly, I really like him. And we've had some really productive conversation about the steps he needs to take to win back the respect and admiration of his teammates and coaches. It's almost ridiculous how much attention to paid to my relationship with him. In terms of import, it has no bearing at end of the day whether he'll be happy here and whether organization will be happy with him. It's much more important for him to forge really meaningful relationships with his teammates and coaches.

Q. Why did you say he needs to win back the respect of his teammates?

A. I think there's some work for him to be done in terms of, he didn't play very much this year, right? And I think there's a void there because of that. Many of those guys really fought their way back from injury, sometimes multiple injuries. He had two broken hands. He came back once, didn't play well, broke his hand again and then decided to have his knee done at the end of the year when the pain was such. I think he has some work to in the locker room and I believe he will. I certainly don't want that to come across negatively. I believe he will and I believe he's on the right path.

via David Kahn exit interview: Part 1 | StarTribune.com.

Wow.

Kahn also denies his culpability in the decision not to offer Love the five-year maximum extension, pinning it on owner Glen Taylor's resistance. Love has been about as open as he can get about his feelings towards Kahn, and now Kahn, on his way out of town, basically says that Love was a letdown to his teammates and didn't work hard enough to get back.

Standing ovation, David Kahn. You really were blogger manna from heaven.

Love, a shooter, broke his hand twice, and missed only the last few weeks of the season when the Wolves were eliminated from postseason contention to get his knee cleaned up. What were those games going to do? Build momentum for next year, sure. But enough to risk a more severe injury or cause him to lose offseason training time?

We'll never forget you Kahn, and you left the way you came in, a bright, gleaming star of "Wait, he said/did what?"

i can tell some of yall really never played a sport for, looking to blame everyone and everything. Give it a break rose go down lets blame all the minutes. You aint gonna tell me im not a true chicago fan or a student of the game what cake and cold city are is a homer. I haven't turned on rose haven't called him a single name im rocking with him point blank but I at least hold him accountable as the grown man and franchise player that he is. I defend rose just as much as anyone but yall take that to another level blaming FO and thibs for everything, thats a blind fan and thats what agitates me the most.

Look across the nba leaders of there team, role players and stars play heavy minutes, and with how depleted we are what do you expect. You talk about how tired they are i guarantee none of those players regret gutting it out and they do it all again, our team is full of passionate players. Look at Jo right after the game fired up playing on one leg already to play the next game, maybe you should rethink how bad some of these players want it how you think they got to this level they were willing to do what others wouldn't.

Last stop saying that it all goes back to rose when we have a bad performance what are you looking at, we dont have bad performances because we just cant get it together we have bad performances because they team is sick, injured and hurt thats why ppl look to rose. Id love to hear your comeback what about David Lee last night oh wait if rose did that thibs would over play him right smh

Fam... I'm not even sure where to start...I've played competitive basketball at various different levels for over 15yrs of my life. I've coached competitive basketball at various levels, I've been to basketball camps, worked them and ran them, I've reffed on 3 different levels. I've personally trained players. I don't have to name drop to prove I know the game of basketball. Furthermore what about his peers who have come out in full support of him sitting and said he's doing the right thing, you know those superstars like Kobe, LeBron, KD, Wade, Russy, Melo, AP... Hell HoFer Magic Johnson, who suffered a similar injury and came back too soon when he was "Cleared by Dr's" and the public was calling for him. He's gone on record saying it was one of the worst professional decisions he's made and he wished he would've sat and waited it out continuing to rehab because it took him forever to get back to where he was prior to it.... Are you going to say they don't know anything about wanting to give it your all and going to war with your brothers/teammates because they also believe he's doing the right thing by sitting?

So you can kick that competitive nature **** to someone else.

I never blamed the minutes for Pooh being injured, what the **** are you talking about? Did you even read what I said? I brought up minutes in regard to people calling for him to play 15 mins as a means to show how unlikely that scenario is. I never said you wasn't a fan nor a student of the game unless you're Girth Brooks. I mean if the shoe fits you then it fits you but if it doesn't and you aren't the person I was addressing those statements to why do you feel the need to speak on/defend yourself? I'm not a homer I'm a realist. A homer is someone who has blind affiliation, I've gone on record to say this was handled poorly by all parties involved. I still watch/root/& support this team, hell I've been to 4 games this year alone. W

I never questioned their heart nor how bad these players want it so i don't know the purpose for you bringing that up or mentioning Jo playing hurt. I pointed to the minutes played and that those minutes don't decrease when players are hurt, and that winning the game is more important than their well being. At what point do you protect a player from himself?

As far as stop saying it all goes back to rose... You obviously read that too fast or just read over it and not thought about it because I was clearly talking about the fan base turning its attention to Derrick not playing each and every time we lose. I'm not blaming him for the loss, how can anyone point to a person who hasn't played in a game as the reason they lost? So yeah... I know you wanted to type out your support for this team but you picked the wrong subjects to use as a platform my man.

look at you....emotional.
if this dude was my future I'd be the same way.
Rondo, Lee, and Kobe look(ed) like the were on the verge of tears every damn time the camera has panned to them.
Rose? dude just has an idiotic "what you want me to do" face.
Son has no heart.
Pull your draws from your labia and in due time it'll be alright.
Don't be mad at me, be mad at cowardly lion and your stubborn coach who had son in a meaningless game, got him hurt and in turn has your franchise in limbo.

I'm far from emotional :lol:

But this just confirmed everything I stated. You're not a fan of the Bulls you're sole objective is to come in attempt to get down on someone, which I knew fromt hat fist post because I've done it countless times to the Knicks... But at least I was good at it. :lol: :rofl: :smh:

Fam... I'm not even sure where to start...I've played competitive basketball at various different levels for over 15yrs of my life. I've coached competitive basketball at various levels, I've been to basketball camps, worked them and ran them, I've reffed on 3 different levels. I've personally trained players. I don't have to name drop to prove I know the game of basketball. Furthermore what about his peers who have come out in full support of him sitting and said he's doing the right thing, you know those superstars like Kobe, LeBron, KD, Wade, Russy, Melo, AP... Hell HoFer Magic Johnson, who suffered a similar injury and came back too soon when he was "Cleared by Dr's" and the public was calling for him. He's gone on record saying it was one of the worst professional decisions he's made and he wished he would've sat and waited it out continuing to rehab because it took him forever to get back to where he was prior to it.... Are you going to say they don't know anything about wanting to give it your all and going to war with your brothers/teammates because they also believe he's doing the right thing by sitting?

So you can kick that competitive nature **** to someone else.

I never blamed the minutes for Pooh being injured, what the **** are you talking about? Did you even read what I said? I brought up minutes in regard to people calling for him to play 15 mins as a means to show how unlikely that scenario is. I never said you wasn't a fan nor a student of the game unless you're Girth Brooks. I mean if the shoe fits you then it fits you but if it doesn't and you aren't the person I was addressing those statements to why do you feel the need to speak on/defend yourself? I'm not a homer I'm a realist. A homer is someone who has blind affiliation, I've gone on record to say this was handled poorly by all parties involved. I still watch/root/& support this team, hell I've been to 4 games this year alone. W

I never questioned their heart nor how bad these players want it so i don't know the purpose for you bringing that up or mentioning Jo playing hurt. I pointed to the minutes played and that those minutes don't decrease when players are hurt, and that winning the game is more important than their well being. At what point do you protect a player from himself?

As far as stop saying it all goes back to rose... You obviously read that too fast or just read over it and not thought about it because I was clearly talking about the fan base turning its attention to Derrick not playing each and every time we lose. I'm not blaming him for the loss, how can anyone point to a person who hasn't played in a game as the reason they lost? So yeah... I know you wanted to type out your support for this team but you picked the wrong subjects to use as a platform my man.

I too been playing ball all my life at many different levels as well as getting a degree in physical therapy and exercise physiology so maybe you chose the wrong subjects to build your platforms off as well.

You bring up all these athletes telling rose not to play what you think they gonna tell the media any different, they dont care about rose they want him out as long as possible except for maybe magic regardless they all gonna say whats politically correct. Id be willing to bet my life all those players mentioned have said something contrary to that behind closed door you talk about being a realist then apply it there as well. I seen you post and your clearly intelligent so please dont tell me you buy everything printed or what players say to the media. Bulls players know wassup they are not going to say a negative word that's what real teams do they keep that behind closed doors. As a man though lets be real his team mates feel some kind of way, there not saints. Fam really bringing up magic is a horrible example as someone in the field technology and advances are a million times what they were when magic went down so he irrelevant. A full year even you probably have questioned is this rushing back.

The minutes thing is once again a subject line into how you think thibs will over kill rose, but you actually have no clue no one does. You call it so unrealistic but lets face is rose is running the show on what he does so you want me to believe if rose sticks to his guns as the franchise player and a 24 year old adult and says im comfortable with ex amount of minutes thibs is going to just say **** that and over play him. Maybe have a little bit more faith no one wants to see rose hurt and thibs knows whats at stake.

Now i will agree you have a point that at some point a coach has to protect a player from him self but maybe you can also acknowledge other than rose these injuries can be played through and thats just real. You played I played there no such thing as 100 percent healthy, and push come to shove im sure you lied same as most of us have in order to play through an injury, but when its all said and done when we knew we really couldn't play we didnt. Point being this aint a bunch of rookies the minutes they play is a two way street of of coach and player choice.

Last maybe you didnt read through the statement, and this is up for debate but I personally dont think REAL FANS are turning to rose just because we lose they are turning to rose because of WHY we are losing, my personal opinion is the backlash wouldn't even be close if it wasnt for the the WHY. Our entire team pretty much has real injuries and they fighting through like really scratching and clawing for there basketball lives out there. Aint no secret man rose in practice killing them on the daily you nor I or anyone can baby him, a full year is not rushing him back. I would never call him a coward or a single name but I also wont excuse him

Last edited:
Pooh the Bench God!!!!

I too been playing ball all my life at many different levels as well as getting a degree in physical therapy and exercise physiology so maybe you chose the wrong subjects to build your platforms off as well.

You bring up all these athletes telling rose not to play what you think they gonna tell the media any different, they dont care about rose they want him out as long as possible except for maybe magic regardless they all gonna say whats politically correct. Id be willing to bet my life all those players mentioned have said something contrary to that behind closed door you talk about being a realist then apply it there as well. I seen you post and your clearly intelligent so please dont tell me you buy everything printed or what players say to the media. Bulls players know wassup they are not going to say a negative word that's what real teams do they keep that behind closed doors. As a man though lets be real his team mates feel some kind of way, there not saints. Fam really bringing up magic is a horrible example as someone in the field technology and advances are a million times what they were when magic went down so he irrelevant. A full year even you probably have questioned is this rushing back.

The minutes thing is once again a subject line into how you think thibs will over kill rose, but you actually have no clue no one does. You call it so unrealistic but lets face is rose is running the show on what he does so you want me to believe if rose sticks to his guns as the franchise player and a 24 year old adult and says im comfortable with ex amount of minutes thibs is going to just say **** that and over play him. Maybe have a little bit more faith no one wants to see rose hurt and thibs knows whats at stake.

Now i will agree you have a point that at some point a coach has to protect a player from him self but maybe you can also acknowledge other than rose these injuries can be played through and thats just real. You played I played there no such thing as 100 percent healthy, and push come to shove im sure you lied same as most of us have in order to play through an injury, but when its all said and done when we knew we really couldn't play we didnt. Point being this aint a bunch of rookies the minutes they play is a two way street of of coach and player choice.

Last maybe you didnt read through the statement, and this is up for debate but I personally dont think REAL FANS are turning to rose just because we lose they are turning to rose because of WHY we are losing, my personal opinion is the backlash wouldn't even be close if it wasnt for the the WHY. Our entire team pretty much has real injuries and they fighting through like really scratching and clawing for there basketball lives out there. Aint no secret man rose in practice killing them on the daily you nor I or anyone can baby him, a full year is not rushing him back. I would never call him a coward or a single name but I also wont excuse him

Now this is dialogue i can engage in... I'm quoting it here to respond to it later, actually have a bit of work to do #sigh

Deng back in the ER :smh: .. Game 7 status is uncertain .. he might have meningitis, he didn't miss the game because of the flu, it was the spinal tap. :x .. Deng said if he's medically cleared he will fly to NY and suit up

Also Thibs ruled DRose OUT for game 7! No surprise here ..

Ballislife, I think Noah, Taj, Kirk playing through injuries is only part of the reason for the backlash. I think it's also been the PR management from the top down. I don't think the backlash would've been nearly as big if :

1-Rose made himself more available to the media
2-Everyone had been up front early on about Rose not playing this season
3-Rose shooting around in public before every game in gear like he's playing, only to show up an hour later in a shoot was no bueno. Keeping his workouts private would've been a better idea. Sure, adidas get to market the sneakers but was the backlash worth it at this point.

All three things would've been easy to do. It's just maddening for the fan to always get the Rose updates second hand, to see him warming up but never playing; there's all this footage of him seemingly healthy so they question why he can't; him not being ruled out to play until the very last game didn't help either.

It's just ridiculous that management/Rose/Thibs didn't correct any of it. Rose keeps taking heat but they never changed any of their media approach. At this point, all parties concerned deserve whatever backlash they are getting. It's not Rose's fault that he tore his ACL. It's unfortunate and I'm sure he really wants to return and make a difference. His desire to return and play was never an issue to me. But he did help to cutlivate the backlash that he's getting....and I believe he has a lot of work cut out for him to get back that good will.

Last edited:
Those Deng Tweets speak volumes to what im saying about the situation as a whole, most pro athletes have that same passion he willing to put the game above his actual health, this is why REAL FANS are getting so upset, its really hard to argue that. With that said this is one of my fav seasons as a fan, I could point out the good years that be easy but seeing how hard this team has fought and how well they get along has been a pleasure. Now lets go in here game 7 and get this win.

Ballislife, I think Noah, Taj, Kirk playing through injuries is only part of the reason for the backlash. I think it's also been the PR management from the top down. I don't think the backlash would've been nearly as big if :

1-Rose made himself more available to the media
2-Everyone had been up front early on about Rose not playing this season
3-Rose shooting around in public before every game in gear like he's playing, only to show up an hour later in a shoot was no bueno. Keeping his workouts private would've been a better idea. Sure, adidas get to market the sneakers but was the backlash worth it at this point.

All three things would've been easy to do. It's just maddening for the fan to always get the Rose updates second hand, to see him warming up but never playing; there's all this footage of him seemingly healthy so they question why he can't; him not being ruled out to play until the very last game didn't help either.

It's just ridiculous that management/Rose/Thibs didn't correct any of it. Rose keeps taking heat but they never changed any of their media approach. At this point, all parties concerned deserve whatever backlash they are getting. It's not Rose's fault that he tore his ACL. It's unfortunate and I'm sure he really wants to return and make a difference. His desire to return and play was never an issue to me. But he did help to cutlivate the backlash that he's getting....and I believe he has a lot of work cut out for him to get back that good will.

Now that rose speaking up with part im fully with he grown and he a franchise player he not the best speaker, ok I accept that but even a simple open letter (something he actually wrote not advisers) to fans and everyone would have done wonders for him, with that said the fake fans and haters going to run there mouth regardless, I think we also need to do better job of separating the real ones from the hop ons and haters.

The third one I cant agree with Id be fraud if I did, not saying you or anyone but any decent known basketball fan knows that's apart of coming back, rondo goes through certain pre game and he not coming back this season at all, thats just something most players coming back from injury do so I cant get picky on rose

Speaking on what could be the final day of the Chicago Bulls’ season, Derrick Rose said he’s unaware of outside criticism of his decision to sit out the season after May 2012 surgery to repair his torn left ACL and wouldn’t be bothered by it anyway because he’s listening to how his body feels.

“That’s my first time hearing about it,” Rose said Saturday of the critical fan contingent. “I barely turn on the TV. I’m with my son all day. So that’s about it.

“It’s been hard,” he said. “But I’m able to get past it, knowing that my teammates are out there playing hard, giving the game everything they got. That’s all I can ask for.

“Who knows? It’s still in the air where I’m still trying to be positive and still trying to take care of my body.”

Rose said he hasn’t been pressured by the organization or teammates or coaches to play and is making the decision by himself. Asked about the perception that his inner circle of older brother Reggie Rose and agent B.J. Armstrong has influenced his decision, Rose acted incredulously.

“Who said that? If anything, it’s up to me,” Rose said. “My brother and them can’t tell me what to do with my body. They give me control. I’m in control of the whole process. It’s really all on me.”

Rose was cleared for full-court scrimmaging on Feb. 18. The Bulls haven’t scrimmaged since March and rarely practice anymore, using walkthroughs and film sessions to review opponents.

“No one. I haven’t had any pressure anywhere,” Rose said. “You hear stuff. People say stuff. I have a lot of people text me, asking if I’m doing all right because I guess they’re paying attention to what’s going on in social media.

“I’m far from it. I rarely watch games. If it’s not our game, I rarely watch it. I know every team. I’ve been watching teams the whole year. There are good teams out there. I know basketball. I just got to get out on the court and play.”

Rose’s teammates and coaches have defended his decision throughout, most emphatically this week after TNT broadcaster and former Bull Steve Kerr said Rose “maybe owes it to his teammates” to play.

“It’s cool, man. It gives me some comfort,” Rose said of his internal support. “They see how hard I’m working in the gym, just putting my all into the game and sacrificing a lot of stuff to be a better player. Whenever I come back, I know I’m going to be way, way better. Just having that time to relax and be patient and fully heal, that’s the big picture right now.”

Deng and Hinrich out again tonight.

I think the season is over. What a rollercoaster ride.

I saw that too. Hopefully Booz shows up tonight. This has been one of the more enjoyable seasons for me as a bulls fan win, lose, or draw tonight. Love the no excuse attitude and never say die attitude they have

I saw that too. Hopefully Booz shows up tonight. This has been one of the more enjoyable seasons for me as a bulls fan win, lose, or draw tonight. Love the no excuse attitude and never say die attitude they have
Yeah I feel the same way too but I'm sick of everybody getting hurt in the playoffs man. Two years in a row uh but hopefully we can win tonight but I'm not feeling confident about it. Can Rip play give us something thought his playoff experience was why we signed him smh. On a positive note he did help a friend of mine do a movie that's coming out soon

btw not buying the whole rose doesn't know whats being said out here thing, athletes been saying this for years no one is buying that, even if you not watching tv its all getting back to you i know that much

Wonder if Rose gonna hit up the club tonite, after ya lose like the last game :nerd:

Maybe, he's a human being he can do whatever he wants.

I fully expect him to be at an MVP level next season, just knowing how hard he works, and he damn well knows what's being said about him. He's going to come out with a chip on his shoulder. This the same kid who said "why can't I be an MVP" and people responded with laughs. He went out and did it and led us to one of our best seasons since Mike was gracing the UC court. It is what it is , he's not playing now and we running with the guys that are active, when pooh comes back we'll be positioned nicely.

Go Bullies!

Back
Top Bottom