Buying a CD vs itunes download?

I want to put the files on my phone. Better quality if I use cd ripped files, or buy the itunes? I want the cd because a physical copy is nice.

there something that suppose be a file better than cda cant remember what the file name.

CD''s, Vinyl, Tape > Digital.

I still cop CD's that are worth my purchase....

last one i bought

5c30be6eba9311e2852322000ae911da_7.jpg

For what you are trying to do, i'd got with a .mp3 file type and a non itunes audio player so you can have more control over your content and can migrate your libraries without all the apple hassle.

mp3's and aac (apple proprietary format) are both lossy forms of audio

Lossless data compression is a class of data compression algorithms that allows the exact original data to be reconstructed from the compressed data. The term lossless is in contrast to lossy data compression, which only allows constructing an approximation of the original data, in exchange for better compression rates.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lossless_compression

MP3: MPEG Audio Layer III, or MP3 for short, is the most common lossy format around. So much so that it's become synonymous with downloaded music. MP3 isn't the most efficient format of them all, but its definitely the most well-supported, making it our #1 choice for lossy audio. You really can't go wrong with MP3.P
AAC: Advanced Audio Coding, also known as AAC, is similar to MP3, although it's a bit more efficient. That means that you can have files that take up less space, but with the same sound quality as MP3. And, with Apple's iTunes making AAC so popular, it's almost as widely compatible with MP3. I've only ever had one device that couldn't play AACs properly, and that was a few years ago, so it's pretty hard to go wrong with AAC either.
http://lifehacker.com/5927052/whats...hese-audio-formats-and-which-one-should-i-use

Last edited:
This is what I was talking about in the MacBook Pro thread. With artists I really support/ music I listen to a lot, I like to have a physical CD.
And I agree that it sounds better. I'm not tryna buy the music and then have to go download it somewhere just cause the laptop doesn't have
a CD drive :x

Just download them papi.

Cop the .mp3's with 320 kbps for dat surreal quality.

You didn't hear this from me.

tumblr_mqic4o58Qt1qee3eao1_500.jpg

Don't CDs come with digital downloads?

yes, along with a lot of other bloatware.

and the industry makes a big stink about people pirating music.

Some folks just wanna listen to music and not be taking part of some ongoing data mining service

Based on an imaginary study I just did, most people can't even tell the difference between digital or cd.

But yeah.

Cop the cd, then rip it.

CD = Compact disc, or digital optical disc data storage format

Apple's terms and conditions for iTunes are an exhaustive, jargon-filled document that users must "agree" to before downloading content but that many people don't bother to read.
In simplified terms, they state that when we buy music from iTunes, we are paying for the license to listen to songs via our iPhone, iPod or other Apple device. But we are not buying the music itself.
"When you buy a book, you own the copy of that book but not the actual material," Jonathan Handel, a Los Angeles-based entertainment attorney who specializes in digital media and intellectual property, told CNN last year. "What you are buying here is right to use music on certain devices."
If Willis did take on Apple over ownership of his iTunes collection, he might have an uphill legal battle. The iTunes terms are essentially a contract between the user and Apple, and clicking "Agree" counts as an electronic signature, digital-media lawyers say.
http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/03/tech/web/bruce-willis-itunes

Can we say...
View media item 565269

Last edited:
the vast majority of you can't even tell the difference between flac, 320, vbr or the itunes download let alone rip a cd up to certain standards.

just download it and buy the album when it comes out in store if you want to support the artist or have a physical copy as well.

Download, it's cheaper and it can be burned to a disc if you want a hard copy. CD's are becoming obsolete, even for storage.

Back
Top Bottom