Buying a macbook pro.

Oh, so then I won't need the discs then. I read something about running the hardware test with the discs. Is that accessible from the command R boot up sequence?

Edit - Just found I need to hold the D key from boot up and it should bring me to it.
http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1509

Thanks for all the help iYen.

I work for apple. Listen to me.

Holding down the D key at startup will boot you into the hardware test. I wouldnt worry about the hardware since you have applecare
Holding C will boot from a disk

The software is tied to a apple id so that would be the seller apple id. You cant restore or reinstall the software without having his apple id. You will need to repurchase it, its $20 in the app store, make sure he give you a $20 discount for this. Make sure you advised him of this because customers call in and are shocked because they have to repurchase and cry about it lol

SSD drives are the bomb. SSD are like flash drives but they are expensive. The new IMACS have 2 drives, a SSD and regular harddrive. The ssd harddrive is used to boot windows and other software the user use the most. SSD drive will boot the OS in like 3 seconds

ALL in ALL, macs use same hardware as a PC or laptop. Your just paying for the name..  I like the Vizio laptops which look like macs and are good quality. https://www.google.com/search?q=vizio+laptop&client=firefox-a&hs=BGL&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:wow:fficial&channel=fflb&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=kPUjUrjVDoqrsAT6xYDYCQ&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1600&***=796  but cheaper

I would get this Vizo for $500 anyday over the mac and the hardware is the same. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vizio-15-6-...ebook-Laptop-CT15-A1-/310672573060#vi-content

Like I said your paying for the name
How am i payingfor name,?

Which other laptop can you find with the same study build quality?

Thats a personal opinion and not a fact. You may think that but really its no diffrence from the vizio. People call in countless times about their mac shutting down, not powering on among other things.. You pay for the name

The vizio is 3 times cheaper and specs is killing the macbook for the price and its tough like a macbook as well

You're campaigning for these brokeman's macbooks really hard, considering you work for apple.

What are you currently using?
when im at work most def depending on the customer will always say a macbook, if a person walk into a apple store they already have their mind made up on a macbook or apple device so my opinion will not matter..

Right now I have the vizio laptop. I did have a macbook but i sold it, took the money and bought a vizio and had hundreds of dollars left over and my Vizio can run circles around the mac..

I run dual operating systems on my desktop so I can run mac os or windows. Usually I run mac os so I can keep up to date on things...

You do know you can put a mac os on a desktop right?

toughbooks.
that costs more than macbooks bruh nd is not reelle consumer frindly

VAIO.
vaio is plastic. mac is unibody aluminum

Thats a personal opinion and not a fact. You may think that but really its no diffrence from the vizio. People call in countless times about their mac shutting down, not powering on among other things.. You pay for the name

The vizio is 3 times cheaper and specs is killing the macbook for the price and its tough like a macbook as well

vizio is plastic mac is unibody aluminum.

my macbook has many dents from being dropped. if i had a plastic pc it would have been broken by now.

my macbook has many dents from being dropped. if i had a plastic pc it would have been broken by now.
You should learn not to drop your stuff then. I have had 3 diffrent laptops and I never drop mines once well a few times but it never broke. Maybe your just dropping them cause its a macbook and your like whatever it wont break.

You should learn not to drop your stuff then. I have had 3 diffrent laptops and I never drop mines once well a few times but it never broke. Maybe your just dropping them cause its a macbook and your like whatever it wont break.
wat kinda twisted logic is that? :rofl:

face it pcs are built cheap and u know it

You're campaigning for these brokeman's macbooks really hard, considering you work for apple.

What are you currently using?

when im at work most def depending on the customer will always say a macbook, if a person walk into a apple store they already have their mind made up on a macbook or apple device so my opinion will not matter..

Right now I have the vizio laptop. I did have a macbook but i sold it, took the money and bought a vizio and had hundreds of dollars left over and my Vizio can run circles around the mac..

I run dual operating systems on my desktop so I can run mac os or windows. Usually I run mac os so I can keep up to date on things...

You do know you can put a mac os on a desktop right?

Yeah, but if you have the money why go through the hassle? I understand the customizability of it for a better budget, but I really don't see the appeal in a hackintosh notebook. A desktop yeah, cool. But part of the appeal of the Macbook is its great design.

Its always a great option to see whats out there. But I damn sure wouldn't suggest the Vizio over the MBP. Especially if you're basing this off price, and the fact that you know how to build a hackintosh.

Everyone doesn't know how to build one. Nor does everyone have the time/care to build one.

Vizio reviews don't seem that good for the computers. I actually looked into it before.

wat kinda twisted logic is that? :rofl:

face it pcs are built cheap and u know it

You're gonna cry foul when you're doing the same thing? :stoneface:

Stop generalizing.

I think the build quality of of MBPs are top notch if that matters.

Yeah, but if you have the money why go through the hassle? I understand the customizability of it for a better budget, but I really don't see the appeal in a hackintosh notebook. A desktop yeah, cool. But part of the appeal of the Macbook is its great design.

Its always a great option to see whats out there. But I damn sure wouldn't suggest the Vizio over the MBP. Especially if you're basing this off price, and the fact that you know how to build a hackintosh.

Everyone doesn't know how to build one. Nor does everyone have the time/care to build one.

Whooaa who said any thing about hackintosh on a note book..
.I bet your buying the iPhone 5s arent u? Brand new camera lol

Whooaa who said any thing about hackintosh on a note book..
.I bet your buying the iPhone 5s arent u? Brand new camera lol

Well seeing as to how the topic is on macbook pro's... I was led to assume we were talking about notebooks and not desktops here.

And no, I'm not buying the 5s. Get off your high horse :lol:

You're not the only person who's worked for apple, I worked there for 2 years in Tysons Corner, VA.

So I already know first hand, that vizio notebook is trash in comparison. A Viao is the best alternative, and they're damn near the same price.

If the topic is on notebooks, why are you even bringing up hackintosh desktops? There are obviously notebooks you can run it on, so that would be a better comparison to make would it not?

HP and Sony have the closest notebooks in build quality to the MBP.

I have a 2010 MBP, I want to update to the latest version of software. I heard somewhere that you cant just do this, you must upgrade version after version, IS THIS TRUE?

I want Icloud on my MAC.

And for those who say DONT BUY A MAC THEY ARE OVERRATED, you are wrong.

I owned a PC before MAC and had nothing but problems with many different things. Software, programs, keyboards etc. Then I switched to MAC and 3 years later, I have had ZERO problems with . Never once have I had to take it in to get anything fixed. So bottom line, MACs are reliable and they last long. Yes theres a few bad apples in the batch but Apple will fix or even replace.

Back
Top Bottom