Can I reuse my 3d glasses and not pay extra at the movies?

times are tough 
laugh.gif

They actually produce 3D glasses for the specific movie to deter this sort of thing.

I do it all the time, its not that I dont got the bread its just that 18$ per person is beyond absurd

That is a good question i'd like to know. More than likely they will say the glasses are free with the purchase of 3D ticket. I've just walked in the movies lately and made it a movie day 3 for the price of none. I'm due a free movie with the bad cinema of lately.

You can at some places - they charge you about $3 for the glasses. Some places have got wise to this though and now just charge extra for 3D and give you "free" glasses.

They're not different for different movies but are for different technology - so often a different theatre will have a different system. Most are basic circular polarisers though.

You don't pay for the glasses, you pay for the 3D ticket. There's 2 different showings, a 3D and a regular. If you just ask for a regular ticket and go into the theater your glasses won't work. At least that's how it is where I live.

What theaters are ya'll going to that charge for the glasses? The ticket price is the ticket price. Plus, every theater I've been to that has 3D has different glasses.

What theater are ya from that you pay for glasses? lol

Here in NY, The glasses are free and they charged you when you get the ticket which is about $18. Always been like that.

i go to movie tavern where they serve restaurant food while you watch which is about 30 for two

no way im paying 36 for two tickets on top of that

so no 3d for me

3D movies have an extra charge around here. The theaters around my way all use the same real3d glasses. Basically what I've considered doing is buying a ticket for a non3d movie and going to a 3d movie I want to see at the same time. $3 or $4 isn't much but when I'm seeing 2+ movies a week during summertime it can add up.

Originally Posted by REDd SPYDER

I do it all the time, its not that I dont got the bread its just that 18$ per person is beyond absurd

but if you really have the bread this shouldn't matter 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DocsBack

3D movies have an extra charge around here. The theaters around my way all use the same real3d glasses. Basically what I've considered doing is buying a ticket for a non3d movie and going to a 3d movie I want to see at the same time. $3 or $4 isn't much but when I'm seeing 2+ movies a week during summertime it can add up.

yeah no one pays for the glasses but they just rais ethe price of the ticket,. If you can figure out the schedule, you're good money. I love free movie tuesdays thru optimum and I dont mine paying the $3.50

It's not like there's a big difference between 3d and regular movies forreal forreal. I just go to the reg digital movies.

another reason why 3d movies are overrated. never have, never will see a 3d movie

lol

Why does not wanting to be fisted by the movie theater equate to being cheap?

/bringing my own candy to TDKR

Am I the only one that buys kids tickets from the kiosk at the theatre? saves you some dough :tongue:imp

I just buy tickets to a non 3d tickets and bring some 3d glasses. Not all theaters are the same so I dont know if this wil work for everyone.

Back
Top Bottom