Canada judge: Man not responsible for beheading

Discussion in 'Canada' started by g to tha t, Mar 5, 2009.

1. g to tha t

g to tha t

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090305/ap_on_re_ca/canada_bus_beheading

2. carlos tevez

carlos tevez

It's the right decision based on earlier precedents. Due to the grotesque nature of this attack, the offender will probably remain hospitalized in a mentalinstitution for the rest of his life.

3. damnthosejs

damnthosejs

I was about to post this.

Just take him out of society. Although others might see that as "not enough", our governement cannot prosecute an individual if he suffers from amental illness.

PS
    [​IMG] we have the same name (Vince)

4. ac4three

ac4three

I wasn't surprised when I heard this. It's the right decision given his mental condition...

5. mellowg

mellowg

the decision was justified but i still think the punishment shoulda been somewhere more inbetween

i dont care if your crazy, if your that crazy in the head you shouldnt be traveling alone like that or if you know you have that kinda disorder get on meds ormove around with people you know, and if your not aware of your condition someone would definitely be aware of it.

an whats a schizo doing with a knife like that???

6. carlos tevez

carlos tevez

There's no such thing as "in between punishments". For this case, either he is found guilty of murder (and gets life in prison) orhe is found not criminally responsible and gets sent to a mental hospital.

The problem with schizos is that even though they have medication which controls their behavior, many of them eventually reach a point where they feel thatthey have been "cured" and they no longer need to take those pills. As long as they are routinely taking their medicine, there isn't a problem.However, troubles arise as soon as they stop taking the medicine for a couple of days, they then become a threat to the public.

7. gregodensbedpan

gregodensbedpan

correct decision. i'm assuming this guy is going to get thrown in the looney bin for a while.

8. ac4three

ac4three

^ I certainly hope so!