Car Accident - Car Totaled - Vol: Lookin for some past experiences

mmg

Banned
So today i was in a 3 car accident, car infrot of me was stopped , i came up behind and slowed down to the stop, a couple feet away, then a 3rd car hit me from behind, im not sure how fast he was going but from impact along i thought a truck had hit me, and he pushed me into the front car.

1st car was fine (person in front of me) and she had minimal damage on her bumper

2nd car (me) had its entire passager front, basically if the split the hood in half %!*@%@ up, and it looks like my wheel/axel was hit too. Then the back of my car was pushed in also, both tailights gone and my whole trunk pushed in, basically looked like this  >   

3rd car had its front bumper/grill pushed back/hood

now just from looking at my car and talkin to the guy at the impound, im pretty sure its gonna be totaled out.
30t6p3b.gif
frown.gif
indifferent.gif

had to be taken out the car on a stretcher cause my back and neck was on fire and was killing me, same for my dude in the passenger side, went to the hopstial  but nothings damaged.

cops were called obviously and reports filed.

question is whats this whole process gonna be like? im hit up a lawyer/insurance prob monday/tuesday and see what else i look into, right now my back/neck/left shoulder and elbow are killing me
30t6p3b.gif
and my dudes pretty much in the same boat
30t6p3b.gif
how long a process? do i have a good shot at suing? is insurance gonna @+*# me? any past experiences / issues? thanks NT
pimp.gif

if you got hit from behind you are 100% in the clear! Long as you have good insurance and good coverage you will be straight

I got into a bad accident my self someone hit me from behind and I did a 180 into on coming traffic couple months back

Talked to the officer he said anytime someone hits you from behind they are in the wrong

Make sure you go to the doctors or stay in contact to make sure your ok.

Happy you are okay. Was just in a accident not too long ago where somebody hit me from behind and totaled their car but they damaged my car and because of my insurance and there's it was alright.

I rearended someone four weeks ago 
mad.gif

but yea let your insurance know and they will take car of it from there..if you have good insurance you will be fine they will do everything to get you in a new car and they should pay for everything. o and make sure the money they going to give you for your car is well worth it. Suck the money out of the insurance company!
glasses.gif

i had full coverage so thats how it worked for me. PM with any questions as im going through it right now..my car wasent totaled (07 charger srt8 50 k miles)

Originally Posted by PleaseSayTheBaby23

if you got hit from behind you are 100% in the clear! Long as you have good insurance and good coverage you will be straight

I got into a bad accident my self someone hit me from behind and I did a 180 into on coming traffic couple months back

Talked to the officer he said anytime someone hits you from behind they are in the wrong

He was hit and he is not in the wrong, the person who caused the accident is the one who needs the good insurance

i was in this situation about 3 years ago

make sure u contact a good lawyer and he will recommend you a physical therapist/ chiropractor, get ready for weekly visit to them for about the next 6 months

the person who was at fault insurance company should be contacting you in a day or two, i don't know how they handle totaled vehicles because mine wasn't totaled, i just got
a couple of estimates and they cut me a check for the highest one. In your case they will probably cut you a check for the bluebook value of your car

from the time I had my accident to the time I received my lawsuit check was about a year, the lawyer and chiropractor get paid first and u receive whats left   

The property damage to your vehicle should be settled quickly.
If you get an attorney and depending on the extent of your injuries, it may take awhile for that to get settled.

Originally Posted by FedExciter

Originally Posted by PleaseSayTheBaby23

He was hit and he is not in the wrong, the person who caused the accident is the one who needs the good insurance

i was in this situation about 3 years ago

make sure u contact a good lawyer and he will recommend you a physical therapist/ chiropractor, get ready for weekly visit to them for about the next 6 months

the person who was at fault insurance company should be contacting you in a day or two, i don't know how they handle totaled vehicles because mine wasn't totaled, i just got
a couple of estimates and they cut me a check for the highest one. In your case they will probably cut you a check for the bluebook value of your car

from the time I had my accident to the time I received my lawsuit check was about a year, the lawyer and chiropractor get paid first and u receive whats left   

lawsuit check im not really concenred about now, thanks for your words though and everyone else
pimp.gif

my thing is the whole insurance practice , how long before i get a check for my whip
frown.gif

it took me about 2 weeks for the persons insurance to cut my check for my repairs, and if your whip is totaled his insurance should put you in a rental car first thing monday morning

It took me about 2 weeks and some days for the person who hit me insurance to cut the check

Originally Posted by MMG

So today i was in a 3 car accident, car infrot of me was stopped , i came up behind and slowed down to the stop, a couple feet away, then a 3rd car hit me from behind, im not sure how fast he was going but from impact along i thought a truck had hit me, and he pushed me into the front car.

1st car was fine (person in front of me) and she had minimal damage on her bumper

2nd car (me) had its entire passager front, basically if the split the hood in half %!*@%@ up, and it looks like my wheel/axel was hit too. Then the back of my car was pushed in also, both tailights gone and my whole trunk pushed in, basically looked like this  >   

3rd car had its front bumper/grill pushed back/hood

now just from looking at my car and talkin to the guy at the impound, im pretty sure its gonna be totaled out.
30t6p3b.gif
frown.gif
indifferent.gif

had to be taken out the car on a stretcher cause my back and neck was on fire and was killing me, same for my dude in the passenger side, went to the hopstial  but nothings damaged.

cops were called obviously and reports filed.

question is whats this whole process gonna be like? im hit up a lawyer/insurance prob monday/tuesday and see what else i look into, right now my back/neck/left shoulder and elbow are killing me
30t6p3b.gif
and my dudes pretty much in the same boat
30t6p3b.gif
how long a process? do i have a good shot at suing? is insurance gonna @+*# me? any past experiences / issues? thanks NT
pimp.gif
I got hit in the back a few years ago and my car was totaled. It didn't look that bad at first, but I think the frame or something was messed up so the fireman were like you gonna get a new car cause it will cost more to fix the car. Insurance confirmed it was totaled. Process took about a week or two. They should give you a rental car for the time being. The 3rd car's insurance should take care of anything. If you have an injury, those expenses may take a while. 

Car insurance companies are very reluctant to write off vehicles. I got into an accident recently and there was over 10g's in damage and they did everything they could not to write it off. Just be careful where you take it to get it looked at. Also, if they don't write it off, make sure you get factory parts in your vehicle. The insurance company will tell the dealership/autobody to use aftermarket parts. Good-luck.

Back
Top Bottom