Charlie Wilson's War

I'm about to watch it to see what the all the hype is about

pimp.gif

I saw it the other day. It was a good movie, nothing remarkable. And not to spoil it for you but I thought the sort of moral of the story ending was some uberliberal #$%% I don't really want to hear... But that being said the bulk of the film was entertaining

it was good. Its funny when she says Zia didn't kill Bhutto.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
always in some way supporting dictators to achieve objectives then and now.

entertaining. bet people didnt know that this basically caused a lot of different small militias, which caused the taliban to take over. mo****ers.

Originally Posted by ebayologist

I saw it the other day. It was a good movie, nothing remarkable. And not to spoil it for you but I thought the sort of moral of the story ending was some uber liberal #$%% I don't really want to hear... But that being said the bulk of the film was entertaining
Yeah, some 'uber-liberal b.s.' that 's basically true? Who knows what might have been if the U.S. hadn't cut funding toAfghanistan.

Even in spite of the 'message' great performances by all, but especially Phillip Seymore Hoffman. I have more respect for that man with every newrole I see him in.

Peace,
J

^^Yes, but only true from hindsight... I mean I think any idiot can realize what happen and what could/should have been done a decade or so after the fact. Sowhat good does that do? I realize you can take that knowledge into future events etc, but the way they put it across at the end was super ehh...

^ Ronald Reagan was a moron...

Felt the same way most of you are saying. Ending was not needed in that sense, and Seymour Hoffman was great.

wow movie was so
pimp.gif
and
smh.gif
at the same time

Spoiler [+]

i felt torn watching some scenes though
i was cheering for the afghans to defeat the commies who where killing innocent people
but at the same time SMH because bin laden was one of them
also
the scene where the soviets where leaving afghanistan they were like
"the era of soviet military intervention is done"
i guess we decided to pick up where they left off

Originally Posted by CrunkJuicedUp

Bin ladens saudi arabian and so is his crew, not afghan...... come on guys step your game up

i never said bin laden wasn't saudi...and he DID fight alongside with the afghans because they were muslimand being persecuted so

looks like your going to have to step your game up there, buddy

my parents say this is one of the reasons there are so many problems in my country to day. you saw the refugee camp the afghans came to pakistan and broughttheir militias with them who stayed in the North West Frontier province to this day.
Also CruckJuicedUp said "Bin ladens saudi arabian and so is his crew, not afghan"
its funny because he didnt make al qaeda( "The base") or any group until afghanistan and the russians. Many if not alot of them were afghanis whojoined him.

Back
Top Bottom