Cheap things you do vol. every dollar counts

I refuse to order takeout at places like Cheesecake Factory, Olive Garden, Red Robin, any Mexican restaurant that gives unlimited bread, chips, fries, etc. because you lose out on that stuff when you order it for takeout. My wife loves eating at the Cheesecake Factory. Since restaurants are only allowing takeout, I still refuse to order takeout there since I'd rather pay for the unlimited bread when I eat in.

I make sure to get some extra bread and get that to go before I leave, too.
Do you tip?

I look at whatever 15% comes out to and I round it up to the next dollar.
I'm not tipping takeout, though.

How did I guess :lol:

People like you typically make 200k+ as well, gonna guess I’m right or you’re close to it.

I feel you on the takeout tipping I’ve always been fully against it but I’ve been doing do for the last couple months just to help out these local restaurants/employees.

I refuse to order takeout at places like Cheesecake Factory, Olive Garden, Red Robin, any Mexican restaurant that gives unlimited bread, chips, fries, etc. because you lose out on that stuff when you order it for takeout. My wife loves eating at the Cheesecake Factory. Since restaurants are only allowing takeout, I still refuse to order takeout there since I'd rather pay for the unlimited bread when I eat in.

cheesecake factory always stingy with the bread when I used to go

that was the best part since the food sucks

wait, do you guys tip when you get carry out pizza? since were on the topic of tipping

Yeah I’m done with tipping these people 20% just for walking my food out to my car and **** :lol: I hate that every single place asks if you wanna tip now. Guilt trips us into tipping them just for literally handing us our food in a bag aka doing their job.

I avoid eating out from P.F. Chang’s.
They give you less portions than what you would get if you eat in.
Learned that the hard way. Yes I tipped

I work at Cheesecake and glad people like you caught on to this

First of all why pay for an entree if the temp won't be the same once you get home? Some foods need to be eaten right then and there

And to give y'all a heads up if you order an entree' 'to go' you're getting about 15% less of what you'd get if you sit down and eat....told the kitchen manager that is so messed up :lol:

First of all why pay for an entree if the temp won't be the same once you get home? Some foods need to be eaten right then and there

And to give y'all a heads up if you order an entree' 'to go' you're getting about 15% less of what you'd get if you sit down and eat....told the kitchen manager that is so messed up :lol:
Thanks, I've always suspected it but you definitely confirmed it for me. Gonna be getting takeout less often now.

I ****ing knew it. :lol:

I told my girl this and she looked at me like I’m crazy. I ****ing knew it
I had a feeling most places do that.

Everyone finding out about Cheesecake Factory giving you less food when ordering takeout:

giphy (9).gif

I like Cheesecake Factory's Miso Crusted Salmon and Steak Diane.

Rib Eye is overpriced and their Pasta Carbonara is hit and miss.

Yea hate to break the bad news but it's a company policy to pack a little less food to go :lol:

Glad I live around NYC where $10 can get you a full plate from various cuisines

tenor.gif

Yeah I’m done with tipping these people 20% just for walking my food out to my car and **** :lol: I hate that every single place asks if you wanna tip now. Guilt trips us into tipping them just for literally handing us our food in a bag aka doing their job.

i feel you.

perhaps not the same, but the coffee shops i go to that only use card readers set their "tip suggestion" to 20%. i'm just like "why am i tipping you for just filling my cup with some pre-made house coffee?" but i feel the judgement for switching that suggested tip to any other percent.

quarantine got me developing new, financially healthier (cheap) habits:

-been baking my own bread (dirt cheap, hella therapeutic and actually tastes better than store bought)
-no more depending on coffee shops or my keurig, got a french press and saving anywhere between $0.30 to $4.00 brewing my own ****
-invested in a pair of cheap clippers from costco and gonna just cut my hair. if it's a terrible experience and outcome, i'll just return them

Back
Top Bottom