Chicago Gangbangers Sit for an Interview. These Dudes are Crazy

I'm not blaming the government man, have you not read what I said?
There is nothing the Government can do, nothing. These gangbangers have made up their mind, they will never change, they lack an appreciation for life so evidently the government shouldn't care about these fools. I'm applauding the government for not putting in anymore excessive amounts of resources to help the people who don't want to be helped. If there is anyone to blame, its the parents no doubt about it. Good parents in any situation can save and bring a soul to prosperity.
Government has no choice but to let them kill each other, who cares? They don't so we shouldn't
Myopic thinking at its finest

its not that easy livin in the hood either..... you cant just sit on your *** n get handouts..i lived in cali single mom on welfare and section 8 housing the only reason she got that was because she had kids,my mom couldnt follow my brother and i everyday of our  life... i was in a gang from 8-12 then i moved..i lived in calexico, where alot of my friends are locked up for putting in work for the cartels and  also the streetgangs that do the dirty work..my mom luckily found some dude and we moved to ga..i wouldnt doubt that i would be either dead or locked up right now but luckily i did pretty well compared to my brother who kept running back to the hood,he was in and out of the system since the 7th grade he is now in a mental facility because of all the drugs he did and the **** he had to do while putting in work...he would be paid in drugs for smuggling people, drugs,weapons and doing who knows what, i really dont think alot of you people typing have any type of knowledge of this lifestyle these people are living and i wouldnt doubt they're talking about food when they say eggs..theres no opportunities in these parts of the city, you gotta get out and get it like they said, you wake up and get ready to spend your day on Niketalk and these kids lace they chucks up and grab their heat to get their fresh eggs..but yeah my brother could've gone to school or w/e you squares say but this is also one of those things where you're a soldier and doing what you gotta do to earn your stripes especially where we come from when those things determine whether you move up in the organization..and this is not like these small time chumps killin fools for shoes yes i will admit those people are stupid,but where we were from the gangs would only fight other gangs BACK THEN..

Last edited:
I firmly believe if you gave every one of those kids in the video the opportunity to work a job 40 hours a week, and you told them it would pay them MORE than what they were making on the street, that every one of those kids wouldn't be able to do it.

This generation does not want to work for anything. They want fresh jay's, and they want a mansion, and they want it now.

They truly believe if they aren't living how a rapper lives, big time drug dealer lives, or a celebrity they are following on twitter or instagram lives, that they aren't living. The destructive culture that social networking, TV, and the media has created has all of these kids brainwashed.

It's not the schools fault. The government can provide all types of aid and the problems will still exist. In my humble opinion, ALL of these issues start at home. You need a parent to instill CORE values and work ethic into these kids from BIRTH. You need someone to save these kids from the fantasy world that they have been trying to mimic due to the fact that they have been watching glorifying rap videos and following celebrities all of their lives. You need someone to tell them that is not the real world and that is not the norm. You could throw any type of reform program you want in front of them, and the majority will fail because they aren't built to sustain any struggle that will ultimately lead them to good. it is already too late.

What we have in Chicago and all over the US is a whole generation of parents who already fell victim to that life and that world. Now those two parents have 3 or 4 kids, all who are pretty much born into that destructive culture. So we now have a whole new generation of kids with no guidance, no values, and no work ethic from day 1. What do you think is going to happen? it is a cycle, and it is just multiplying.

But how do you fix it? You can't go into EVERYONES home and teach parents who are drug addicts or who are young and reckless and tell them to instill these things into their kids. Maybe a HEAVY HEAVY revision on early childhood education? Might as well just give up on addition and subtraction for the first two years of formal schooling, and just focus on values, work ethic, and right from wrong.

I don't know. It is just sad to see our people with this mentality. We used to rise up and fight together and fight for our rights as the oppressed race in this country, and now we have resorted to killing each other for crumbs. Our youth has no perspective, and it is getting worse by the day.

Wow at least some people are coming close. Clearly this issue is not these kid's fault. They are merely a product of the only lifestyle that they know. It is cyclical and systematic. How can you possibly blame children 10+ for finding and looking up to the lifestyle that is glorified all around them. Typically children aspire to be like their role models. In their case the role models are gangbangers. It is not a race thing. Any race of child brought up in this type of environment where survival is the primary focus will experience similar results. OF COURSE SOME PEOPLE MAKE IT OUT, but these are outliers. It is ABNORMAL for someone to grow up in that environment and overcome their situation, just as it would be abnormal for someone growing up in an affluent community to fall into the gangster lifestyle. Of course it occurs but they are merely exceptions to the rules. Jails make a ton of money... The problem will persist... Y'all are saying dont blame the government, dont blame the entertainment industry, dont blame the education system, but blame the 10 year old + impressionable children??? Seriously :smh: :rolleyes let's be serious...

They truly believe if they aren't living how a rapper lives, big time drug dealer lives, or a celebrity they are following on twitter or instagram lives, that they aren't living. The destructive culture that social networking, TV, and the media has created has all of these kids brainwashed.
i asked a young black kid how to get rich...

he said sell drugs, rap, or play basketball... those are the only ways...

i said what if you invent something... or become a good businessman... or be really smart...

he said "aint nobody gettin money like rappers and hoopers... and the president"

i was like.... :lol: x :x :frown:

i laced young homey though... and i think it stuck with him cuz he's killing it in schoolnow. :pimp:

I firmly believe if you gave every one of those kids in the video the opportunity to work a job 40 hours a week, and you told them it would pay them MORE than what they were making on the street, that every one of those kids wouldn't be able to do it.
This generation does not want to work for anything. They want fresh jay's, and they want a mansion, and they want it now.
It's not the schools fault. The government can provide all types of aid and the problems will still exist. In my humble opinion, ALL of these issues start at home. You need a parent to instill CORE values and work ethic into these kids from BIRTH. You need someone to save these kids from the fantasy world that they have been trying to mimic due to the fact that they have been watching glorifying rap videos and following celebrities all of their lives. You need someone to tell them that is not the real world and that is not the norm. You could throw any type of reform program you want in front of them, and the majority will fail because they aren't built to sustain any struggle that will ultimately lead them to good. it is already too late.
What we have in Chicago and all over the US is a whole generation of parents who already fell victim to that life and that world. Now those two parents have 3 or 4 kids, all who are pretty much born into that destructive culture. So we now have a whole new generation of kids with no guidance, no values, and no work ethic from day 1. What do you think is going to happen? it is a cycle, and it is just multiplying.
But how do you fix it? You can't go into EVERYONES home and teach parents who are drug addicts or who are young and reckless and tell them to instill these things into their kids. Maybe a HEAVY HEAVY revision on early childhood education? Might as well just give up on addition and subtraction for the first two years of formal schooling, and just focus on values, work ethic, and right from wrong.
I don't know. It is just sad to see our people with this mentality. We used to rise up and fight together and fight for our rights as the oppressed race in this country, and now we have resorted to killing each other for crumbs. Our youth has no perspective, and it is getting worse by the day.
I hate to say it, but as long as people have free will, I can't see anything working. Very good post though.

A child only knows what they see. You can tell a kid to go to college 100 times a day, but if he doesn't see the rewards from going to college and getting a good job, its just talk. If the only type of "success" they see are from rappers athletes and dboys, they're going to think thats the only way to do it. Its been that way long before social networking.

Personally, I attribute the mentality from the young black folks that do become succesful from traditional means turnig they're backs on they're hood. Not enought people come back to show the kids that you can drive the same 745 with the same rims and not have to worry about the police getting behind you.

Right only on NT can someone who was literally kickin it with Jeezy & Diddy last night wake up the next day and get called an Uncle Tom
roll.gif

Yousa dumb ***** with no solutions probably havent even left ya mom's house yet. So ima let u cook on the sidelines.
I dont know why I let u internet get me amped dawg
laugh.gif
you a **** rider
laugh.gif

tell me why that matters at all

Dudes in the video are mark, they are not about that life. I would bust them easy.

i asked a young black kid how to get rich...
he said sell drugs, rap, or play basketball... those are the only ways...
i said what if you invent something... or become a good businessman... or be really smart...
he said "aint nobody gettin money like rappers and hoopers... and the president"
i was like.... :lol: x :x :frown:
i laced young homey though... and i think it stuck with him cuz he's killing it in schoolnow. :pimp:

I know it's asking a lot, but I hope you left the door open for young blood to be around in your life for a while. Just at least as a positive influence (i'm not saying start paying child support). A lot of kids get on the right path, but with no one to look up to, they stray right back to what they knew.

Lets just be real though, this isnt a "Chicago" mindset that you just watched being portrayed, this is the mindset of the impoverished in ANY city in the United States.Gangs began as a result of people feeling that there is no help from their country, and that feeling still remains. However, by design, my people have lost sight that we all are in this together...and the only was out is just that...together

Divide and conquer(ed).

Working with the police and the proper authorities is a good solution. Once communities as a whole start cooperating with their local departments, than at least we can get some of worst dudes off of the streets while simultaneously discouraging people from taking their place due to the communities taking initiative. Ya'll can call that snitching or whatever, I personally think that it would be one of the fastest ways we can turn the tide. Cops can't be everywhere 24/7, but, there's always neighbors that can help better situations through communicating and looking out for one another.

Last edited:
Working with the police and the proper authorities is a good solution. Once communities as a whole start cooperating with their local departments
That will never happen for alot of reasons but the main reason is the mistrust that minorities have when it comes to the police and the whole judicial system,for good reason.The history that exist is one of the worse in america's history,not just for some but most past and present and when there are more bad interactions than good.It's like fighting a fire with a fire,counterproductive.

:smh: x 1000
bunch of ignorant helpless fools trying to justify their one-track minds to a white man, EMBARRASSING THE HELL OUT OF MYSELF & MY RACE. and don't tell me I'm being too harsh because all of these dummies look 18 & older, they should know better.
just fire up an AC-130 & bomb the projects of Chicago, they'll be better off.
did that 1 idiot say "nothing to do but rob, steal, & kill"? really!? how about taking your black a** to school, graduating, AND IF YA LIKE SHOOTING/KILLING SO MUCH? join the military! you'll get a check every 2 weeks, a crib/food, & get to travel. OR if ya don't wanna go that route: get an upstanding entry level job at UPS (I know some cats with felonies that STILL got hired), McDonalds, Burger King, etc. you might not get that mansion & 10 cars you want but BE REAL: things like that require a REAL SKILL (everybody raps these days so it's not that easy to get a multi-million $ deal)
Old heads from the hood will tell you plain & simple: you watch everything around you, learn from others mistakes, get your diploma/GED, and GET THE HELL OUT OF DODGE AND NEVER RETURN. If your friends don't follow, they'll be dead/in jail by 25

I feel you on this.

REAL TALK!

you a **** rider :lol:

tell me why that matters at all

Cause I just woke up from doing the most ******ish **** the previous night. Just got finish talking about it with my people. And thanking my folk for inviting me to a party I had to drive 2 hours for.

Then I check my phone and see some internet ***** living behind a screen calling me an uncle tom.

**** was beyond ironic.

The transition literally happened in less than 3 mins. I decided to express that.

***** SIMPLE​

The problem: Kids are killing each other

The solution: Get in these kids faces. And actually give a ****. Stop letting the first male figure these dudes see be a 37 year old drug dealer and that'll knock out half of the problems.

And since when is child murder ok? ***** almost looking normal. Until its not. How about we raise hell like we do when the annual racial crime comes around? Thats what pissed me off this spring.

I dont mind nationwide rallys for Trayvon Martin tragedy. But can you imagine the impact if dudes in the hood held every young black murder victim to the same recognition?

Black folks aint always used to be like this b. Im from Birmingham my fam was part of the civil rights movement so excuse me for laughing at these new ***** excuses

So miss me with that Education excuse, miss me with that Government excuse, miss me with that poverty excuse. Cause black folks been dealing with that.

This killing one another is new tho. And like I said the solution is simple. Give a ****

I typically do not get involved in these types of discussions, especially when it pertains to my city because I know where they are going to go as soon as I read the topic and the type of unfounded comments that are going to be made. Let me start by saying that I agree with a lot of what you've said about our community taking ownership and us fighting for our own.

What I disagree with is the turning a blind eye towards the role that government plays in this cycle. The distribution of resources in this city is so far out of wack that its enough to make a person sick to their stomach, and I'm not talking about giving handing outs to people, I'm talking about the basic essentials for having a chance.

First let me provide a little bit of background as to why there has been this increase in the visibility of this violence within my city. To the poster that said just blow up the projects and that would be the answer, well thats exactly what they did. While I understand that he meant to do so with these people still inhabiting them which is an entirely different topic of discussion, the city tore down majority of the cities projects: Cabrini, The Ickies, The Taylors etc. The pockets in which a great amount of the violence was taking place. While they did it because as a part of a gentrification plan it was also under the auspice that separating those individuals would lead to a decrease the violence. However the flip to that was that those who were displaced were going into neighborhoods that had gangs, rival and the same that were territorial so all that did was spread the violence throughout the city at a rapid rate.

Now back to the lack of resources: its seen educationally in the selective enrollment schools, which are public schools, receiving 4-5 times the resources as neighborhood schools. From texdtbooks to qualified teachers to educational diversity amongst classes offered to books down to the lunch menue. All of which is controlled by the school board who are appointed by the mayor, thus their loyalties lie with him not the well being of the children. Thus he controls who receives what. And I can speak on this because I have a sister who goes to one these selective enrollment schools as well as my daughter being int he preschool program at one and my wife worked in a neighborhood school. I won't get into the flaws in the education process in terms of teaching to test instead of educationg our children.

Lack of resources in terms of access to healthy living, majority of the areas in which this type of behavior takes place are classified as food desert by the USDA meaning "low-income community,"that has either: 1) a poverty rate of 20 percent or higher, OR 2) a median family income at or below 80 percent of the area's median family income; and be a"low-access community," at least 500 people and/or at least 33 percent of the population must reside more than one mile from a supermarket or large grocery store. There are limited community centers and the parks and rec department removed a large perctage of the basketball rims from outdoor courts "in hopes deterring gang activities from these areas" on top of that their is limited upkeep to the rest of the park. So essentially you're limiting the access to exercise, extracurriculars activities, and a productive outlet for their stresses.

What are they left with?

To that respects I believe the government has played and continues to play a vital role in the destruction of this generation. I fully agree that it starts at home, but the problem of that is that a good amount of these kids causing all this ruckus are the products crack infested parents from the late 80's & early 90's or grew up in gang affiliated families so for them that parental role is void. Don't get me confused I know that it doesn't encompass everyone and there are a good amount of parents working hard to make ends meet, often taking jobs that do not allow them to be active participants in their childs lives as well who fall victim to this lifestyle.

I guess what I'm saying is that how we got here isn't as simple as ABC and turning this around isn't that simple either.

Last edited:
That will never happen for alot of reasons but the main reason is the mistrust that minorities have when it comes to the police and the whole judicial system,for good reason.The history that exist is one of the worse in america's history,not just for some but most past and present and when there are more bad interactions than good.It's like fighting a fire with a fire,counterproductive.

Well do we cling on to the resentment we still have for authorities or should we start working with them to help make better communities. Continuous interaction is not counterproductive. FYI, I don't see communities hating the cops, only the ones involved in ******** are. Cops also should start walking this communities more as oppose to just driving, get to know these people personally and show them they are human and not some oppressor. More community functions and fairs with the police wouldn't hurt either.

Kids can't separate reality from TV. Also, Social Networks are one of the HUGE downfalls of this current generation! :smh:

I remember in the New Era hat thread people were talking about you can't even wear hats in Chicago because so many are gang-affiliated. You shouldn't feel unsafe because you wear a certain hat
mean.gif

My cousin and his family moved to Chicago a couple of years ago. They live in the good parts of the city though. I plan on visiting them eventually because i've heard how great of a city Chicago is. A lot of people I know are starting to take trips there. I want to try the Chicago deep dish pizza and see if it's the real deal.
Same in LA and the surrounding areas fam

Back
Top Bottom