Cities to live in the US?

Denver isn't really that diverse, but I was surprised to see a sizable black population when I visited. And dude you're black and you lived in Wyoming?
eek.gif
How was that like?

Lets just say the White Supremacist movement is alive and well in that state. SMH
How did you even end up there? Were you born there?

My grandparents moved from Mississippi to Casper way back in the day. My mom was born in Casper,Wyoming and when my parents got married they moved back to Casper where me and my sisters were born. I spent 13 years in Casper which doesn't compare to the 64 years my grandparents lived there.

My grandparents moved from Mississippi to Casper way back in the day. My mom was born in Casper,Wyoming and when my parents got married they moved back to Casper where me and my sisters were born. I spent 13 years in Casper which doesn't compare to the 64 years my grandparents lived there.
Interesting, thanks for sharing

ehh...greensboro is straight......coast areas isn't bad either...we got a lil bit of everything here 
nthat.gif

stay away from Winston Salem though 
mean.gif

I wouldn't reside in durham either

I'm with you.

To me Durham gets a bad rap, its got a lot of fly real estate, that I think outweigh the bad, especially by RTP.

Last edited:
Richmond, VA

1.5 hours away from Nova/DC
2 hours away from NC
1.5 hours away from the beach

Richmond has a diverse demographic, gets hot during the summer but it matches with everything you posted.

I'm gonna support the Denver suggestions. Also check out Boulder and/or Fort Collins. Definitely considering making the move out that direction myself.

Salt lake city. The diversity might not be the best, but there are a lot of activities for your family to do and the price for a house or apartment are within or below your price range.

Memphis maybe? I'd move back to ATL tho if it were me
Weather can be tricky, sporting events, great food, night life, not really diverse tbh. Just like any other city, you got bad parts.... The M gets compared to BMore alot. Never been up there tho.
Stl & Nashville not so bad either.

Based on your original post, sounds like you need to be on Houston or Dallas (or the outskirts or both). I'm only saying you wouldn't mind to heat just cause Ive been in it do long, yet I'm used to both hot and cold weather places. I haven't been to Seattle in a llong time, but my relatives there have no complaints (even if some have been migrating to Houston for years now). Also, if you're looking to pay 1700 for a 2 bedroom apartment, you'd have a lot of options to pay much less than that for a good apartment in a good area just in Texas in general.

@moundraised me and some friends drove from AR to Memphis solely to eat some BBQ, so Memphis is all good to me

Based on your original post, sounds like you need to be on Houston or Dallas (or the outskirts or both). I'm only saying you wouldn't mind to heat just cause Ive been in it do long, yet I'm used to both hot and cold weather places. I haven't been to Seattle in a llong time, but my relatives there have no complaints (even if some have been migrating to Houston for years now). Also, if you're looking to pay 1700 for a 2 bedroom apartment, you'd have a lot of options to pay much less than that for a good apartment in a good area just in Texas in general.

@moundraised me and some friends drove from AR to Memphis solely to eat some BBQ, so Memphis is all good to me
man i damn near passsed out yesterday at the pad site, that san antionio heat gives no dambs. Sad part about it i grew up in louisiana so i should be accustomed to it but it got me yesterday 

I never been to Denver, but it seems like a cool *** place to live for some reason :lol:

Memphis maybe? I'd move back to ATL tho if it were me
Weather can be tricky, sporting events, great food, night life, not really diverse tbh. Just like any other city, you got bad parts.... The M gets compared to BMore alot. Never been up there tho.
Stl & Nashville not so bad either.
Yup, heard ppl say that Memphis is like the southern version of Baltimore and vice versa..gotta visit there sometime

Boston is pretty expensive too can you get a 2 bed 2 bath for 1700? My friend lives 30 minutes from boston and is paying 1700 for a loft

-Worcester (Massachusetts)

lived there for my first 18 years...and have lived in over 5 or 6 cities since, visited another 20. do not move to worcester. so many cities with good jobs and more to do in the country.

Last edited:
Boston is pretty expensive too can you get a 2 bed 2 bath for 1700? My friend lives 30 minutes from boston and is paying 1700 for a loft

Brighton/Allston is pretty reasonably priced.

AZwildcats said:
Phoenix, Arizona

Another one of my possibilities. There's actually a Dr. @ Mayo whose likely performing surgery on me. Maybe I'll just stay.

Last edited:
you say no to Cali, but its really not that expensive. This is coming from a person who just moved from MI and had everyone and their mama telling me this and that. You can certainly find a nice two bed place for 1700 and under. I live in the beach areas (Hermosa, Redondo, etc) weather is efffffffin fantastic. Cali is truly only expensive if your in SF or live in downtown LA. LIVE BY YOUR MEAN. I am currently in one that is 1500 for 2 people. Prices here are no different than anywhere else and gas is actually lower than it is in MI lol

Last edited:
you say no to Cali, but its really not that expensive. This is coming from a person who just moved from MI and had everyone and their mama telling me this and that. You can certainly find a nice two bed place for 1700 and under. I live in the beach areas (Hermosa, Redondo, etc) weather is efffffffin fantastic. Cali is truly only expensive if your in SF or live in downtown LA. LIVE BY YOUR MEAN. I am currently in one that is 1500 for 2 people. Prices here are no different than anywhere else and gas is actually lower than it is in MI lol
San Jose is also expensive. I live here. But the Silicon Valley is one of the few places in the world where you can be 27 years old making well over 6 figures. 

Back
Top Bottom