Clippers wouldn't pay for assistant coach's cancer treatment; Maggette, Brand, Kaman & Jaric step up

i have nothing but respect for mags, brand, kaman and jaric. class act people

sterling is the devil .
indifferent.gif
tired.gif

The players also make a lot more money than the coach, so it would be easier for them to offer help rather than the Coach footing the whole bill.

That's a non-issue in the story.

Sterling is an absolute piece of !!*+

That's real cool of Maggette,Brand,Kaman and Jarric to step up and pay for him
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
. Act of class unlike their #%$@@$!+% owner

*Never knew douche___ was censored
laugh.gif

Man, i swear NT is full of selfish bastards. First, yall complain that we shouldnt be donating money to Japan. Now, youre *****ing about how the head coach wont chip in?
30t6p3b.gif

I always disliked Corey because of his game, but ill forever respect him for this, as well as all the others who chipped in.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by BangDak

Man, i swear NT is full of selfish bastards. First, yall complain that we shouldnt be donating money to Japan. Now, youre *****ing about how the head coach wont chip in?
30t6p3b.gif

I always disliked Corey because of his game, but ill forever respect him for this, as well as all the others who chipped in.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
wait what??.. people *****ing about donating to japan?...  i can probably bet that if the players didnt cover the whole bill, the coach would have chipped in the rest...

Good for the players, and the fact that they didnt ask for the pub too. And another black eye for Sterling, a brutally horrible person.

BangDak:
Man, i swear NT THE WORLD is full of selfish bastards. First, yall complain that we shouldnt be donating money to Japan. Now, youre *****ing about how the head coach wont chip in?
30t6p3b.gif

Fixed.

And who the hell complained about donating to Japan?! That's that bull. Was there a thread in General, or are you just talking about some random sideways comments you've read in threads?

Actually, don't answer that. I'd rather not know the names of these clowns.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

BangDak:
Man, i swear NT THE WORLD is full of selfish bastards. First, yall complain that we shouldnt be donating money to Japan. Now, youre *****ing about how the head coach wont chip in?
30t6p3b.gif
Fixed.

And who the hell complained about donating to Japan?! That's that bull. Was there a thread in General, or are you just talking about some random sideways comments you've read in threads?

Some dude in General started a thread complaining about donating to Japan. Said people in DC need it more, since DC suffers from third world country conditions 
laugh.gif

BangDak:
30t6p3b.gif
Fixed.

I'm ignoring your final statement... Am I the only one pissed off the gov't is sending assistance to libya and japan

I give up.

"I hate mankind, for I think myself one of the best of them, and I know how bad I am." -Joseph Baretti

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

BangDak:
30t6p3b.gif
Fixed.

Some dude in General started a thread complaining about donating to Japan. Said people in DC need it more, since DC suffers from third world country conditions 
laugh.gif

Take care of home first..... Thats my personal opinion.
That being said the US is simply protecting its finanical intrest in Libia and Japan, and if they can look good doing it its a win-win for them...
DC is never going to make the US as much money as Japan or Libia and fixing DC would never impact the same amount of people that helping Japan and Libia will .
Donald Sterling isnt a terrible person for not paying the cancer bill of this assistant coach. Sure its petty, but potientally personally paying the medical bills of all his employees in both his basketball enterprise and his slum lord business is not being fiscally responsible to himself.

^ So what do you say about Jerry Buss/the Lakers paying for Ronny Turiaf's heart treatments when he wasn't even on the team anymore? "Oh, well that's good for them, but that doesn't make Sterling a bad guy." Right?

I disagree.

If someone's in need and you can help, do it.

"Yeah, but that opens the door for people in the future to..."

No it doesn't. It opens the door for this person right now to be helped right now. You think the whole Clipper organization is going to be hitting up these 4 athletes now that they've stepped in?

Being a humanitarian/philanthropist isn't usually the most fiscally responsible thing to do.

You think the whole Clipper organization is going to be hitting up these 4 athletes now that they've stepped in?

Being a humanitarian/philanthropist isn't usually the most fiscally responsible thing to do.
Potentially, yes. I don't see how that would not be a possibility.

Why is it okay to demonize people just because they don't follow in the same humanitarian footprints as others? I'd rather celebrate the acts of kindness that we know about.

23ska909red02 wrote:
^ So what do you say about Jerry Buss/the Lakers paying for Ronny Turiaf's heart treatments when he wasn't even on the team anymore? "Oh, well that's good for them, but that doesn't make Sterling a bad guy." Right?

I disagree.

If someone's in need and you can help, do it.

"Yeah, but that opens the door for people in the future to..."

No it doesn't. It opens the door for this person right now to be helped right now. You think the whole Clipper organization is going to be hitting up these 4 athletes now that they've stepped in?

While I believe Buss would have done it no matter what the situation was, Ronny had potential as a basketball player, and thus was still an asset to Buss and his team.

No I don't believe that those 4 guys will be hit up by the Clippers organization if they are in need, but there is always a possibility they will.
Like I said Sterling not being willing to commit to every aspect of making his team be a winner is Sterling being petty and a loser. It doesnt make him a bad person.
His other business dealings make him imo a bad person, and this type of action enhances my preception of Sterling.
What im saying is that while I would personally have given the money to this man ( and wrote it off for tax purposes) it is not Sterling's personal responsibility to give 70,000 to a man whom he is paying upwards of $300,000 a year.
If Sterling said he wouldnt pay him for time missed I would have a bigger issue with him.

Actually, I'm sure they will be hit up. "Hey, saw you helped that asst. coach. Did I ever tell you about my ailments?"

And I'm sure they've been hit up plenty of times in their careers already. They can say no now just as easily as they've said no in the past.

im sure any team would have covered that $70k fee no problem, these teams have lots of money, billionaire owners. Im sure if you are a great and valued worker then you should have no trouble getting it covered. Clippers are garbage a long with their crappy racist owner.

First few pages. Unbelievable.

I mean, entire buildings were swept away. Damn airplanes riding waves through neighborhoods and business districts.

But nah, they don't need any help. "/

Like, I've got a scrape on my arm, and you're face down, unconscious in a pool... but I'm gonna walk on by like "Nah, I need to get some ointment and a band-aid for myself instead of worrying about that guy."

Really?

first off at the people judging Dunleavy, how much was he making at the time? i mean its not on him in the first place since i doubt hes making anywhere close to what the organization does let alone what the players make. a couple players put 10-15k each to pay for it. Regardless of the situation i dont see a coach throwing down 70k. Maybe Phil Jackson since he makes tons.

Back
Top Bottom