CLS or 6 Series?

Originally Posted by Kingtre

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

Originally Posted by Kingtre

laugh.gif
^ yea but thats the problem- son asked for thoughts on 2 specific cars...so your person preference outside of those doesnt really come into play! same as people talking about joints that cost 100k more-

he didnt say cls amg or m6 so you can assume hes not looking at performance as the main criteria...doesnt seem like hes looking for weekend nights at the race track-

i want a bentley continental gt speed...but im not gonna tell him he should get one instead
laugh.gif
we know you want a m3 and hopefully youll have it sooner than later
pimp.gif
but its not the end all be all
Good point
laugh.gif

I actually want the s5 now
pimp.gif

out of the 2 choices, i'm taking the 6 series for a weekend cruiser..
you see the sneak peek of the new [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]R[/color]S5? 
devil.gif

whats goody matt - mohegan big boy joint coming up...might get that bentley money
nerd.gif
CUT THE CHECK SON!!

CLS my mann...they both run about 35K used in good condition so its up to u...same type of car and same price lol...which one u like better?

Taking everything into account, its the cls by a long shot...

like the old cliche goes, bmw's are drivers cars, and that is definitely true about the 6 series, its a lot more stiff (in a good way) and agile than the benz counterparts...

cls is great for cruising and "brand recognition"... the underwear shall drop when the hoochies see a big chrome benz upside-down Y on the grill

I have no idea on maintenance but I'm sure you understand either way its a hole in your pocket. IDK about benz's nowadays really, but anything 99-07 or so with a v12 has problems every other week, and the lower models had a lot of the same problems, just cost slightly less to fix. IDK if the CLS had an overhaul in that dept.

BMW on the other hand is absolutely notorious with electric problems...the 7 series was/is a mess (the trunk is enough reason to just blow up the damn car), x5 had problems, a lot of the newer 5 series are lemons, and the 6 series too has electrical problems depending on the date...

I'd honestly look into getting a lexus in that price range...I don't know which ones are out right now but you're basically paying toyota maintenance+parts prices (500 to replace all brakes (not pads) on the new ls vs 800 for just a pair on a toureg v8 bc they use the same breaks for audi q5/7 and cayenne, so its the same thing with mercs and bimmers)...everyone who had a benz in like 00-06 now has lexus bc of the problems...

MyJaysGetRocked wrote:
Personally, I'd go with a 6 series. The cls is a very pointless car. The rear seats barely have any space, and if you're 5'11+...your head is hitting the roof. If you really want a mercedes, I'd go with a CL.
Aside from the space issue, the CLS is my preference.   However, all the cars suggeest are great choices.  This is the last year for the CLS.  Next year it will be all new so you may be able to get a good deal on one now but you will be missing out on the new platform and technology.

They are problably going to make the center console look like the CL since thats a standard and etc etc. Even though its changing next year the current one in terms of looks is still timeless.

honestly neither. lot of better choices to be had.

cop a porsche. get a bimmer that isn't so hideous (m3, etc.). get an audi.

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

Even though its changing next year the current one in terms of looks is still timeless.
This.

That my main reason for leaning towards the CLS. I couldn't cop a car that was getting a redesign, unless the previous model can hold its own with the new redesign (like the GS, SL, M3 etc.) The CLS is still going to look good even with the new model on the road.

The test drives might change my whole outlook though.

Its either a white 06-08 55 or a grey 650 for now.

This is going to be a problem though...

bmw-6-series-rendering-001-1_100195788_l.jpg

eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Is that official  or just a concept?

MARTIN AND CO
Haven't seen you post in a minute...

Originally Posted by MARTIN AND CO

Taking everything into account, its the cls by a long shot...

like the old cliche goes, bmw's are drivers cars, and that is definitely true about the 6 series, its a lot more stiff (in a good way) and agile than the benz counterparts...

cls is great for cruising and "brand recognition"... the underwear shall drop when the hoochies see a big chrome benz upside-down Y on the grill

I have no idea on maintenance but I'm sure you understand either way its a hole in your pocket. IDK about benz's nowadays really, but anything 99-07 or so with a v12 has problems every other week, and the lower models had a lot of the same problems, just cost slightly less to fix. IDK if the CLS had an overhaul in that dept.

BMW on the other hand is absolutely notorious with electric problems...the 7 series was/is a mess (the trunk is enough reason to just blow up the damn car), x5 had problems, a lot of the newer 5 series are lemons, and the 6 series too has electrical problems depending on the date...

I'd honestly look into getting a lexus in that price range...I don't know which ones are out right now but you're basically paying toyota maintenance+parts prices (500 to replace all brakes (not pads) on the new ls vs 800 for just a pair on a toureg v8 bc they use the same breaks for audi q5/7 and cayenne, so its the same thing with mercs and bimmers)...everyone who had a benz in like 00-06 now has lexus bc of the problems...
this man speaks truth...

Haven't seen you post in a minute...
how's it spinning in the real world abh?

man... let me tell you... maintenance on amg models... i love the appeal of amg's but at the same time they make me cringe... i hear too many stories of people falling in love during the lease then buying out at the end of the 3 or 4 years when the warranty ends, and then it just breaks. just falls apart. If you can get the extended warranty then thats a big++, otherwise, as they say, buyer beware...

I'd still side on the cls but if I were buying a new auto in the parameters you're setting, I'm getting a ls 460

Peep this one on ebay (leather, navi, parking assist, $36k BIN):

DCP_9995.JPG

Everything is copacetic for the moment fam. Thanks for asking. Figure I'll treat myself with a decent ride for all the hard work over the years..

The LS is probably my favorite new model car on the road today...but I don't think i'm ready for a big body sedan just yet. Maybe in 4 more years or so. Feelish rather coupish right now.

14584967958.273431160.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.565x377.jpg
14584967959.273431160.IM1.02.565x421_A.565x377.jpg
14584967962.273431160.IM1.05.565x421_A.565x377.jpg
14584967964.273431160.IM1.07.565x421_A.565x377.jpg

14584967973.273431160.IM1.16.565x421_A.565x377.jpg
14584967976.273431160.IM1.19.565x421_A.565x377.jpg

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

If I can get an S5 in the low 40s, its a done deal.

Cheaper than what I thought.

Word to everything, I'm taking an S5 over the vast majorty, if not all of the 'Normal' luxury coupes out there (BMW, Lexus, Mercedes, etc).

A. LOT. OF. THEM.

*++! is just tooooo nasty bro
smh.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom