Confirmed Jordan 14 last shot retro June14th 2018

C4B30E9A-808E-40E5-84AD-EA606151C534.jpeg

I feel sorry for those that didn't get to experience these in 99 or 05.. they were plush... they felt like a Ferrari for your feet... the sock liner felt like velvet... JB is bugging with these low quality imitations...

I was just wearing my '06 black toe retros a few weeks ago, the ones they added the ribbing to the sides on. That was a legit retro, has the plush liner, good cushioning, pretty good materials. I know some people didn't like the ribbing but I actually prefer it looks-wise to the OGs. But yeah, most 14 retros have been garbage. I don't mind my Indiglos, though, but that's mostly from a looks standpoint.

I want the last shots, just dont have them yet. but, my oxy 14s are some real nice shoes. I was surprised by how comfortable they are. idk, I like em

I was just wearing my '06 black toe retros a few weeks ago, the ones they added the ribbing to the sides on. That was a legit retro, has the plush liner, good cushioning, pretty good materials. I know some people didn't like the ribbing but I actually prefer it looks-wise to the OGs. But yeah, most 14 retros have been garbage. I don't mind my Indiglos, though, but that's mostly from a looks standpoint.
I’m the same way I’m usually og everything on retros but when I saw them in 8th grade in 06 they are the reason I fell in love with the 14s in general I prefer the ribbed on this model instead of the smooth side panel

I’m the same way I’m usually og everything on retros but when I saw them in 8th grade in 06 they are the reason I fell in love with the 14s in general I prefer the ribbed on this model instead of the smooth side panel

It's funny ... at the time I thought, why did they add the ribbing, just retro it the right way. But now I prefer it. I like the smooth-sided OGs, but they just seem a bit too plain. The ribbing fixes that.
I've always had this idea in my head that Nike chose to release the OG black toes with smooth sides against MJ's direction. On one of the DVDs in the Ultimate Jordan pack from years ago, there is a short extra feature about Jordan Brand. There's a scene where it shoes Mike meeting with the Nike/JB guys, looking at samples of the 14. The samples are pretty far along toward the final product. He looks at one guy and says something like, "Oh you didn't show me this one first, did you? Because you know I like the ribbing. Yeah, combine this and this," seemingly in reference to one shoe without it and the one shoe with it. The tone of his voice when he said, " ... because you know I like the ribbing" always made me imagine that the design guys were trying to get MJ away from that design element and he wasn't having it. Basically I'm making all this up in terms of what was really going on, but if you've seen that clip or have the DVD, watch it again and I'm pretty sure you'll come away with the same impression I did.

those were my favorite... just got rid of them last summer, wore them at least 1000x .... lol I prefered the ribbing on those as well.. went to pick up the last retro and they felt like bricks and didnt feel as plush as the 05's. . You're the only other person I know admitting to liking that version more...

those were my favorite... just got rid of them last summer, wore them at least 1000x .... lol I prefered the ribbing on those as well.. went to pick up the last retro and they felt like bricks and didnt feel as plush as the 05's. . You're the only other person I know admitting to liking that version more...

It's just a well-done shoe all around. I can go either way on the ribbing but like I said, I originally thought I preferred the true OG look with the smooth side panels, but then the more I looked at the two versions, I realized I like the texture the ribbing gives it. And I'm going to keep on telling myself that is the way MJ preferred it as well LOL

I'm sick of the XIV model. They have retroed it 2-3 times I can think of off the top of my head. I would rather see some other models.

I'm sick of the XIV model. They have retroed it 2-3 times I can think of off the top of my head. I would rather see some other models.

Pics those was the release that got me liking 14s at the time...

anybody notice the latest xiv retros have jacked up ferrari logos?

even the kids versions

horrible cut out job

Back
Top Bottom