Could You Ever Actually Take Someone's Life?

So i'm sittin here watchin Boyz In The Hood and its at the part where Doughboy kills the dudes who shot his brother. And it got me thinkin, if it ever came down to a situation like that, could i actually take somebody's life.

I came to the conclusion that i couldnt... Not like a fatal wound or anything. Maybe like a shot to the gut and  leave hoping they bleed out. Or maybe i'd just be like Tre and get out the car way before that
laugh.gif

I'm not a G
frown.gif

Just tryin to hear yalls thought... and no... 
nerd.gif
im not emotionally disturbed

Fight or Flight, is what it all boils down to.

In the midst of a critical situation of survival, especially if your life is threaten. Sometimes (even unintentionally) without pre-meditated thoughts of taking someone's life. It happens. Same thing with those, who handle any kind of weaponry or practice any martial arts. Be cunning and wise, it's a double edge sword when faced with these type of scenarios.

Have this convo with friends all the time.

All depending on the scenario but chances are...no.

I'm a God fearing man.

nahh man.

i'd probably try to fight someone if anything but never with an INTENTION to kill someone.
but you know...things change once we actually EXPERIENCE these things...

I think only in an extreme case, like if a person has come after/harmed my family or a really close friend

Other than that I don't think so

Definitely.... if the time occurs when I feel threatened to that extent, I'd be able to do it. Obviously, the circumstances would have to be severe.

Its not so much the concept of killing another person as it is the consequences of doing so.

The law has made it practically impossible for one to do so (with good reason) without being charged with a crime. Its like unless someone literally has a gun to your head, you are not allowed to defend yourself.

People have grown up with legal boundaries enforced on them from an early age, so much so that they actually confuse them with moral boundaries.

To save my own life, without a second thought...

For any other reason, it would have to be some REALLY egregious $#!+...something that a person deserves to be put down for...that's heavy..."It ain't like steppin on ants!"- Alonzo, "Training Day"

Originally Posted by VeryAnalytical85

Fight or Flight, is what it all boils down to.

In the midst of a critical situation of survival, especially if your life is threaten. Sometimes (even unintentionally) without pre-meditated thoughts of taking someone's life. It happens.
I agree.

There's a huge difference between heat of the moment, defending yourself or getting into a fight that goes too far... compared to planning and going through with a murder.

Even those who say "If you mess with my family..." it's not exactly a black and white situation.  Depending on the severity of the circumstance, few people know the effort and difficulty it would involve to actually take another person's life with planning.

If they mess with someone who's close to me I have no choice. I wouldn't have any remorse either.

i was power washing my house today and i saw a frog jump out from under the deck, flip upside down and flail like he was about to die ... i quickly turned him back over and kept power washing ... the entire time the frog would not hop away, he would just inch away from the spray when it got to close ... i could have sprayed his !%% and helped him get a move on but i didnt have the heart to because i probably just flooded his house ... so i went extra slow to be sure he was cool ...

i grew up around guns ... both the street kind and the hunting kind ... i bought 3 guns this year and love to shoot them for fun, but i will never kill an animal that i dont need to ... my little beretta .22 would be perfect for shooting at birds or squirrels and other small game, but i just cant do it ... my friend borrowed my shotgun to go turkey hunting when i declined the invitation to come with him ...

that being said, i will shoot the %!%% out of a human being if it is warranted ... i would never go deer hunting, but if a deer was attacking me he's getting a 12 gauge to his face ... same goes for humans ...

i actually did a paper on this in college for a psychology class ... it focused on compassion for living things when faced with the reality of death ... one of the main points was that much of the violence in our society stems from a lack of compassion for human life ... you have kids on the block that could care less about who they hit with the guns they shoot ... they may "feel bad" but hey thats life and people die ... whereas you have other people who will cry about reading the story about that same kid who they never knew/met ...

I would if something precious to me has been taken (another life)

but the thought of simply murking someone makes me cringe, specially when you have fired a weapon before and it's just so easy to pull the trigger and be done with it

Back
Top Bottom