Da baggy era, a fashion retropective.

I can never for the life of me understand why poorly dressed Pharrell and Kanye are considered fashion icons.

These two dudes are supposed to be "fly".

chanel-metiers-dart-2014-15-ad-campaign-01.jpg

Image result for kanye west outfit

Back when they were “normal”. Pharrell made it cool to match everything with camo and Kanye.....I really don’t know what Kanye did, tbh. When he came out I was already rocking polo and Jordans. Part of the little appeal he had for me was the fact that he dressed like I did.

We did and we also took it too far. I know dudes that were washing their tees in cold water, stretching them and letting them hang dry just so they could be even longer.

Free size Tee’s with Capri’s. White Tee, Dopes/Barkley’s, Mosions Shorts/Capris with the string. Dog tag chain. You couldn’t tell me **** in the summer :lol:.

Back when they were “normal”. Pharrell made it cool to match everything with camo and Kanye.....I really don’t know what Kanye did, tbh. When he came out I was already rocking polo and Jordans. Part of the little appeal he had for me was the fact that he dressed like I did.

He really should've stuck it out with BBC, that **** was dope when it came out. I really liked the aesthetic and the fact that it was damn near inaccessible made it even more cool.

He lost it after Ice Cream launched. Eskimo hats with pink rain boots? lol. Dude tries way to hard to be Japanese. Now he on his "gender-neutral" European swag, whatever...

I never thought Kanye was fly. In context he dressed alright for the time with Polo, suede sport coats, and jeans, lol. Designer clothes never looked right on him, he's short stocky dude.

Larger sizes were longer back then. Tees were longer back then, but they weren't the "official tall tees".

Galaxy made the first "tall tees". It went from B-more, the Northeast, and then the South.

Was just bout to say “Galaxy” tee’s started in Bmore. The cut was different. The collar, shoulder style and length was a specific cut.

I know someone has the picture of those two dudes with the super starched jeans :lol:

Also, you guys remember the super long tee dude with the grinch green shirt and matching outfit. Dudes tee was down to his knees I think.

I was looking for some old NT stuff and couldn't find it, it was the domincan brother and sister we found doing the incest dance back in the day :lol: guess it was wiped from the internet.

I tried to Google leather shorts from back in the day. All I could find was BDSM stuff smh

I can never for the life of me understand why poorly dressed Pharrell and Kanye are considered fashion icons.

These two dudes are supposed to be "fly".

chanel-metiers-dart-2014-15-ad-campaign-01.jpg

Image result for kanye west outfit

coldcrush coldcrush These two been wearing trash fits for almost a decade - not disputing that at all.

However they were both unique with their styles when the rest of hip hop was wearing the trash that has been posted repeatedly in this thread.

Can't comment on Pharell in the '90s and 'Ye only came to prominence in the '00s so I'll say they had a decent run from '00 to '09 and fell off when leather pants were popping.

That’s ‘09-12 era Kanye before he lost his mind. Remember he was supposed to have a clothing line back in ‘06 or ‘07 called Pastelle? It was going to be done through BAPE iirc.

I used to be salty bc i couldn't get my pants starched like that. Tried everything. Used to be sweating, standing over that ironing board for like an hour.

What ever happened to Lil Turk? I remember I would day that he's better than Wayne just to get under some of my boys skin, knowing that Wayne was the best.

New York started everything under the sun.... yet y’all ain’t start the oversized Baggy look?

plain big/tall tees? nah. cash money was da 1st i seen.

look at da videos from da same era, we always had something on our tees..

Back
Top Bottom