Daft Punk-Something About US

I hope that their new album goes back to the Discovery sound. Something About Us and Voyager are 1a & 1b as far as my favorite tunes on Discovery

Originally Posted by dvdjamm5150

I hope that their new album goes back to the Discovery sound. Something About Us and Voyager are 1a & 1b as far as my favorite tunes on Discovery
Voyager is the jam.

pimp.gif

so smooth.

Originally Posted by Swagger7

Originally Posted by JC08

Co-sign with everything said thus far. Can be a sad song if listened to in different contexts...
So true...
ohwell.gif
Me & my friends had this debate. It was 2 on 2. I thought it was sad they thought not. But i said it gives you that everything bad on therainy day vibe and if you watch the movie that's exactly how the scene is. The lyrics lead me to believe sad also
"It might not be the righttime
I might not be the right one
But there's something about us I want to say
Cause there's something between us anyway

It might not be the right time
But there's something about us I've got to do
Some kind of secret I will share with you

I need you more than anything in my life
I want you more than anything in my life
I'll miss you more than anyone in my life
I love you more than anyone in my life"

It's like he's saying we're not meant for each other but it doesn't mean my love is gonna fade away, i'm going to still love and care foryou but right now between us we can't be together and it hurts me, so i gotta let go.

Originally Posted by Lazy B

Dope song but Voyager is better.

I might not be the right one/
It might not be the right time/
But there's something about us I've got to do/

pimp.gif

Can somebody recommend me some more Daft Punk outside of Discovery?

There's Human After All. More energy compared to Discovery but I love it.

You guys want baby making music? "Make Love" (Go figure). It's in Human After All.

DP is
pimp.gif

something about is def. chill, but i think voyager trumps it.

dp - voyager (REVOLTE) remix =
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by deepinthajeep

NT, Please tell me the name of the sound @

:25, :34, :44, :54 -
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
@ that sound!!!

What other songs is that sound in???? I know i've heard it thousands of times, and i love it.

Originally Posted by Exile On Ivy St
Although they sampled it you can't deny their appreciation of the art because they have a wide variety of genres of which they copied from.

Love the song, but I can't listen to it on headphones because that one instrument they use that sounds kind of like wooden blocks
laugh.gif
really hurts my earswhenever I listen to it on headphones.

Originally Posted by Lazy B

Originally Posted by Exile On Ivy St
Although they sampled it you can't deny their appreciation of the art because they have a wide variety of genres of which they copied from.

Oh #***...I listen to that song all the time! It's on the Vice City Emotion 98 whatever cd....that's crazy.

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Originally Posted by Swagger7

Originally Posted by JC08

Co-sign with everything said thus far. Can be a sad song if listened to in different contexts...
So true...
ohwell.gif
Me & my friends had this debate. It was 2 on 2. I thought it was sad they thought not. But i said it gives you that everything bad on the rainy day vibe and if you watch the movie that's exactly how the scene is. The lyrics lead me to believe sad also
"It might not be the right time
But there's something about us I want to say
Cause there's something between us anyway

It might not be the right time
But there's something about us I've got to do

I need you more than anything in my life
I want you more than anything in my life
I'll miss you more than anyone in my life
I love you more than anyone in my life"

It's like he's saying we're not meant for each other but it doesn't mean my love is gonna fade away, i'm going to still love and care for you but right now between us we can't be together and it hurts me, so i gotta let go.
Well put. I know this was the first and last song that me and my ex-girl(the love of my life, seriously) listened to together, before I movedaway.

might sound lame but this girl used this song to display her "mood"towards me I guess and I've despised it ever since
laugh.gif

but yes great song either way...

Back
Top Bottom