Dallas Cowboys supposedly having serious discussions of releasing Terrell Owens

Originally Posted by RellNye

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

I know it's not a popular opinion, but count me in...

We'd still have Roy, Witten, Crayton, and three very good RBs... Look at the Eagles, Steelers, and Ravens... Deep playoff runs with lesser offensive weapons...

Get the guy outta here and get that "We've gotta keep T.O. happy" mentality out of the equation...

Frankly, I think Jason Garrett and Tony Romo would be better for it...

Plus getting back to a commitment to the running game...
pimp.gif
We're like the ******** used to be when they signed every player they wanted.
Annnnnd that's when you know you're not doing things the right way...

When people say you're doing business like those losers, you might wanna rethink everything...
Tony Romo? He's just another Cowboys' QB who's failed since Aikman left.

The Cowboys' offense opens up because of the problem he poses. If I'm an opposing defense I'm not too worried about Crayton and Witten.

Somebody please explain how Arizona's off. coord. can get Fitzgerald AND Boldin the ball.
But our off. coord. cant get T.O and Witten the ball in the same game.
He did it in 2007, but str8 flunked in the playoffs. And got murdered this year calling those Princeton spring scrimmage plays in the red zone.

Look at AZ, they have our old WR coach and in the MUTHA##$%%#%$ NFC Championship game,
with no running attack and Moses at QB!!!!
Garrett need to tighten up or get the hell on!!!!

I wouldn't mind it. TO is an issue, whether you hear about it or not. Just because it's not bad like it was in Philly doesn't mean that somethingdoesn't exist here. It's one thing to just play with a teammate but it's another thing to want to go to battle with a teammate and win. I don'tknow if enough people on that team have that feeling with TO. He's a veteran and an eventual Hall of Famer but you never hear guys say "We wanna goout and win a Super Bowl for Terrell."

In my opinion, they need to revamp the way their offense works anyway. They need to have the ugly, smash-mouth football style to win games in December and inthe playoffs. Upgrade the offensive line, become a power running team with the three running backs and don't rely so much on the passing game. If TO isgone, they have a good chance to shift to that type of team

I would love to see us get back to committing to the running game. God knows we have the weapons to make that possible.

But that does not fall on TO. That is up to the OC, and the HC... not the #1 WR.

If anything, TO loved to see Tashard be successful. I'm sure he would be just as excited to see Felix be successful.

If we want to have a successful running game, Barber should not be starting. But that is another discussion.

At the end of the day, with TO, we have the capability to be a top 5 offense. Without him, we're barely top 15.

i almost forgot my new motto ... it doesnt matter who the %!+% is on offense, if our defense is any good, we will win games ...

They should release TO and Jason Garrett and demote Wade to D coordinator

Until I see it proven otherwise, the fact still remains:

Owens absent from lineup for two games= Zero offensive TD's scored (2 Field goals).

Offtopic, whoever mentioned tashard choice and Owens, you're correct. Owens and Tashard have a real good relationship. Tashard really looks up to Owens.Tashard even looked for Owens and pointed at him after scoring before doing his version of T.O.'s celebration (T.C.).

Another rumor. Owens might be gone as early as Friday. Supposedly people within the Cowboys organization are aware that Owens is aware of this speculation andthat it won't sit well with him throughout the whole off season and might set him off before the regular season starts.

In all honesty, I dont see Owens coming back. Jerry said if they cut Owens they can't resign Ware due to the cap hit but I still think its feasible to signWare with Owens gone.

********/Giants, pick up Owens please and let him have career year(s) so we Cowboys fans can continue to see how much of an idiot our owner is. And watch Romogo from above average to subpar with Roy E Williams as a #1 (if he even makes it thru the whole season since hes always injured).

Originally Posted by MarleysProtege

i almost forgot my new motto ... it doesnt matter who the %!+% is on offense, if our defense is any good, we will win games ...
Bingo, and that's EXACTLY why I wouldn't care less if Terrell Owens was cut... We've got weapons on offense... Felix is gonna be back,and he'll be free to be split out wide more often now that Tashard has proven he can tote the rock... There's still weapons on this offense, andthey're every bit as good as three of the four teams still in the playoffs today...

Some of yall are acting like they're gonna cut T.O. and Jerry is gonna turn around and stand pat... That ain't gonna happen... If Terrell Owens is cut,they aren't going into next year with just RW and Crayton at receiver... Plus, I think the organization still thinks highly of Miles Austin, and he didshow some real flashes at times this season when he was healthy...

If you think at least SOME of the problems for the offense this year don't stem from Jason Garrett and Tony Romo feeling the pressure to get Terrell Owensthe football, I dunno what to tell you... If that's how you feel, I couldn't disagree more... There were times this year when it was blatantly obviousthey were force-feeding the ball to Owens... Fans watching knew it, and opposing defenses knew it...

And if you don't feel like he's a divisive force in the locker room, whether anything has gone public or not, you're fooling yourself... Period.

All that said, I still think he's gonna be a Cowboy come opening day 2009... I don't think Jerry is going to admit he was wrong twice in oneoffseason...
Jerry said if they cut Owens they can't resign Ware due to the cap hit but I still think its feasible to sign Ware with Owens gone.
That's @*$%@$%@... If an extra $600,000 on the cap were to keep them from signing DeMarcus Ware to an extension, this team would be seriously,seriously strapped against the cap... And that's just not the case...

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

eek.gif
split out Felix?

Nowitness been playin madden tonite or somethin...
You can't split him out in certain situations and get him matched up on a linebacker running short routes across the middle?
laugh.gif
I'm talkin about putting him in the slot in a handful of plays, in ahandful of situations, not putting him out there out there and leaving him for long stretches...

Jason Garrett talked about doing that this year in the preseason, having him and Barber on the field together in certain packages...

It's just another way to get the ball in one of your playmakers' hands... They didn't do it much early this year because they didn't know whatthey had in Tashard, so they got Felix most of his touches out of the backfield... Now that they know they can use Tashard to spell Barber outta the backfield,they can start focusing on getting more creative with Felix and getting the ball in his hands in different ways...

Bingo, and that's EXACTLY why I wouldn't care less if Terrell Owens was cut... We've got weapons on offense... Felix is gonna be back, and he'll be free to be split out wide more often now that Tashard has proven he can tote the rock... There's still weapons on this offense, and they're every bit as good as three of the four teams still in the playoffs today...

Some of yall are acting like they're gonna cut T.O. and Jerry is gonna turn around and stand pat... That ain't gonna happen... If Terrell Owens is cut, they aren't going into next year with just RW and Crayton at receiver... Plus, I think the organization still thinks highly of Miles Austin, and he did show some real flashes at times this season when he was healthy...

If you think at least SOME of the problems for the offense this year don't stem from Jason Garrett and Tony Romo feeling the pressure to get Terrell Owens the football, I dunno what to tell you... If that's how you feel, I couldn't disagree more... There were times this year when it was blatantly obvious they were force-feeding the ball to Owens... Fans watching knew it, and opposing defenses knew it...

And if you don't feel like he's a divisive force in the locker room, whether anything has gone public or not, you're fooling yourself... Period.

All that said, I still think he's gonna be a Cowboy come opening day 2009... I don't think Jerry is going to admit he was wrong twice in one offseason...
Jerry said if they cut Owens they can't resign Ware due to the cap hit but I still think its feasible to sign Ware with Owens gone.
That's @*$%@$%@... If an extra $600,000 on the cap were to keep them from signing DeMarcus Ware to an extension, this team would be seriously, seriously strapped against the cap... And that's just not the case...

{Shoes}LOL.{Shoes}

Cowboy fans = Joke.

Funny how all 4 teams gave you L's.

My Loyalty And Fan Membership To This Team Is Really On The Fence This Off Season
tired.gif

If They Let Him Go And We Fall Into A Sub Par Team Making The Exact Same Mistakes (Coaching, Poor Execution, Personnel)
grin.gif

I'll Demote Myself To A Fan Just Of The NFL
tired.gif

Getting rid of T.O. is not the anwser Tony Romo even talked about the play callin.

Where Are the Giants witout Plaxico????

Gone Fishing
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Dam itz Lou

Bingo, and that's EXACTLY why I wouldn't care less if Terrell Owens was cut... We've got weapons on offense... Felix is gonna be back, and he'll be free to be split out wide more often now that Tashard has proven he can tote the rock... There's still weapons on this offense, and they're every bit as good as three of the four teams still in the playoffs today...

Some of yall are acting like they're gonna cut T.O. and Jerry is gonna turn around and stand pat... That ain't gonna happen... If Terrell Owens is cut, they aren't going into next year with just RW and Crayton at receiver... Plus, I think the organization still thinks highly of Miles Austin, and he did show some real flashes at times this season when he was healthy...

If you think at least SOME of the problems for the offense this year don't stem from Jason Garrett and Tony Romo feeling the pressure to get Terrell Owens the football, I dunno what to tell you... If that's how you feel, I couldn't disagree more... There were times this year when it was blatantly obvious they were force-feeding the ball to Owens... Fans watching knew it, and opposing defenses knew it...

All that said, I still think he's gonna be a Cowboy come opening day 2009... I don't think Jerry is going to admit he was wrong twice in one offseason...
That's @*$%@$%@... If an extra $600,000 on the cap were to keep them from signing DeMarcus Ware to an extension, this team would be seriously, seriously strapped against the cap... And that's just not the case...
{Shoes}LOL.{Shoes}

Cowboy fans = Joke.

Annnnnnnd you're an idiot. But what else is new? ... Reading Comprehension FTL, I guess...
eyes.gif

Keep trying, pal... Why don't you bold that whole sentence, and take another stab at it...
There's still weapons on this offense, and they're every bit as good as three of the four teams still in the playoffs today...

That's not true? The weapons the Cowboys have at their disposal on offense, even with T.O. out, aren't as good as what the Ravens,Steelers, and Eagles roll out there every week?

The point is, you don't need a Terrell Owens to win football games...

Wise guys always trying to be funny...
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Dam itz Lou

{Shoes}LOL.{Shoes}

Cowboy fans = Joke.

Annnnnnnd you're an idiot. But what else is new? ... Reading Comprehension FTL, I guess...
eyes.gif

Keep trying, pal... Why don't you bold that whole sentence, and take another stab at it...
There's still weapons on this offense, and they're every bit as good as three of the four teams still in the playoffs today...

That's not true? The weapons the Cowboys have at their disposal on offense, even with T.O. out, aren't as good as what the Ravens, Steelers, and Eagles roll out there every week?

The point is, you don't need a Terrell Owens to win football games...

Wise guys always trying to be funny...
indifferent.gif

the cowboys are as good as the 4 teams still playing, there just like the early 2000's portland trail blazers of the nfl. wade phillips is mike dunlevaythe underacheiving coach, and the rest of the team is talented but can't get the job done.

from an outsiders view, if the cowboys cut owens, they'll be just fine. the 49ers traded him and they've still sucked ever since then but with johnyork owning the team they would suck with or without t.o. philly on the other hand rebounded just fine after t.o sabatoged their 2005 season. mcnabb wasplaying great in 2006 before he got hurt and they still won a playoff game that year, and they got to the nfc championship game again this year without t.o.

dallas has the players to be good on both sides of the ball but their just soft mentally right now. despite tony romos december choke jobs hes on of the top7-8 qbs in the league. if they cut team obliterator tomorrow and didn't make no other moves they would be the same as they are now a 9-11 win team, butjerry jones would try to improve the team so for the cowboys cutting team obliterator would be improving the team by subracting a key player from it.

His hustle could have been better at times but I think the problem is much deeper than that, the team will probably fall apart soon
smh.gif

When I saw the news on ESPN this morning, my thoughts were
mad.gif
. Then I sawEd Werder's name and
roll.gif

He's an aging receiver on the downslope of his career who destroys team chemistry and creates a circus wherever he goes. Given these circumstances, youcan't blame Dallas for at least exploring the option. Although, I have no idea what team in their right mind would give the 'Boys anything of value forTO now.

to please go back to philly...if they dont win this year i guarantee they will win with him

Back
Top Bottom