Dallas Cowboys supposedly having serious discussions of releasing Terrell Owens

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

'Titans Pickup Pro Bowl Slot Reciever'

nerd.gif
nah i dont want that cancer anywhere near one of my favorite teams. I'd rather take TJ or even Engram

imagine TO rippin into Vince Young. dude will jump off a bridge

The hate in this thread for TO is unbelievable.

So many comments to address, I don't know where to start.

First off, was TO forced the ball? Yes, because he is a playmaker. He is a dynamic receiver, and the more he has the ball in his hands, the better the chancethat something positive will happen. You want your best players to have the ball. The fact that it was being forced falls on the offensive coordinator, notTO.

If Jason Garrett felt pressured to get TO the ball, then he should grow some damn balls. TO is a wr, of course he is going to want the ball. It is up to theCOACHING staff to keep him in check. Parcells sure did it. I have no pity for Jason Garrett and Romo if they felt pressured to get TO the ball. That problem comes from lack of leadership, straight up.

TO is past his prime??
laugh.gif
That's not even a valid addressable point.

Fact of the matter is this. I have more confidence in our offense with TO, and no Garrett, as compared to our offense without TO but with Garrett.

Do you not remember that Garrett got Felix NO TOUCHES against the ********, and only ran the ball like 10 times?!

Of course we have the weapons to possibly be ok without TO. But if you really think Garrett can run this offensesuccesfully, than I will strongly disagree. Garrett did NOTHING to prove that he can run this offense this season. What makes you think he can do it nextseason, without TO??

I hope atleast some of my rant makes sense
laugh.gif

And I don't blame TO if all this speculation is pissing him off. If I were him, I'd say %@#% you and bounce. Dude has played his heart out for us. Its a damn shame he's getting the blame this week. First it was Romo, then it was Wade, then it was Garrett, now its TO. Maybe we'll say Wittenshould go next week
eyes.gif

We need to keep TO. All he wants is to win, if thats a problem within the locker room then we have bigger issues. A WR who stands by his quarterback after aplayoff loss instead of passing the buck, makes blocks thirty yards downfield, and openly campains for another reciever to get more involved doesn't screama "All about me" type player to me. I wish others on this team were as intense/dedicated as him. He's played through injury and has been highlyproductive. If we get rid of him our offense will do nothing. Jason Garret has already proven he's infatuated with the long ball, he will not alter forjack @%+#.

These types of reports don't sit well with me either. Its self-fufilling prophecy. Just because a team is losing and has TO on the roster doesn't meanhe masterminded it. Its having to divert energy to trivial crap like this instead just focusing on playing football is the problem (among others).

T.O. has thrown no temper tantrums on the sidelines. Typical dumb NT just gets caught up in a segment which shows T.O. on ESPN of him yelling and assume it hasto do with him not receiving the ball. One scene in particular was during the Rams game. We had just scored an offensive TD on our first posession and Owenswas going up and down the sidelines yelling at the defense trying to get them pumped and as they were getting onto the field. ESPN took that segment, anddidn't show the rest so it looked as if Owens was yelling at someone from the sidelines when in reality, they had just scored
laugh.gif
. But the simpletons onNT don't realize that. Nor do they want to. Their minds are already made up to believe whatever it is that they want. They want drama, they want T.O. to"blow up" hence, why ESPN and the media has such an easy job.

Whoever said some +!%+ about Miles Austin needs to fall the *!@! back. Homeboy is a striaght bum and can't run routes for +!%+. He is also known for havingbad hands as well, hence alot of his drops.

Sam Hurd > Miles Austin. Austin may be the more physically gifted receiver, but Hurd runs better routes, has PERFECT HANDS, gets great separation especiallyon key downs, and has a much better work ethic. WR's usually take 3 years and then you let them walk. This was Austin's third year and altho he wasinjured for 5 games, he's just not worth the roster spot. There's a reason why Hurd was the #3 guy all year in 2007. He only had 19 catches but all ofthem besides ONE were on third downs. The one catch which wasn't a third down conversion was for a TD.

Stanback needs to go to. He is a failed project. Owens however, must stay.

T.O. has thrown no temper tantrums on the sidelines. Typical dumb NT just gets caught up in a segment which shows T.O. on ESPN of him yelling and assume it has to do with him not receiving the ball. One scene in particular was during the Rams game. We had just scored an offensive TD on our first posession and Owens was going up and down the sidelines yelling at the defense trying to get them pumped and as they were getting onto the field. ESPN took that segment, and didn't show the rest so it looked as if Owens was yelling at someone from the sidelines when in reality, they had just scored
laugh.gif
. But the simpletons on NT don't realize that. Nor do they want to. Their minds are already made up to believe whatever it is that they want. They want drama, they want T.O. to "blow up" hence, why ESPN and the media has such an easy job.
roll.gif

Yup, it's alllllllll the media's fault. TO would NEVER do such a thing.

Any Cowboy fan who genuinely thinks their team is better without T.O. is a moron.

Originally Posted by dland24

Any Cowboy fan who genuinely thinks their team is better without T.O. is a moron.
Exactly. T.O is getting older but he can get the job done as well as any receiver in the league.

TO is the AI of the NFL. cancer. not a teamplayer. cant get a long with anybody. cancer. if TO goes, the cowboys are a better team. yup I said it.

The problem is that T.O. wants to win and nobody seems to want to match his intensity.
Just think if Romo, Anthony Henry, Bradie James, Marcus Spears, Newman, all had that same intensity.
We would go 16-0 just like the patriots. But everyone seems to hate his intensity instead of embracing it.
Too many cats on the team thats supposed to be leaders just didn't care enough about winning, and thats the bottom line.
How else do u explain getting swacced 44-6 with the playoffs on the line.

The problem with the Cowboys is Wade Phillips. He should have been named after his fater, BUM.

Agent Drew Rosenhaus definitely isn't sweating the speculation about the Cowboys cutting his most famous client. He completely dismissed the possibility that T.O. has cashed his final check from Jerry Jones.

"It's not going to happen," Rosenhaus said on WQAM Radio in Miami. "The reason why they got rid of Pacman is because Pacman has terrible off-the-field problems, and the guy just simply can't play anymore. He's just not that good.

"Terrell's never had off-the-field problems, and he's been one of the greatest players ever. And they just gave him a monster contract. I mean, they just gave him a huge extension before the season. He's not going anywhere."

Rosenhaus might be right about T.O. returning to Valley Ranch. But T.O. and Pacman have more in common than Rosenhaus wants to admit, although you don't have to worry about T.O. getting arrested.

Like Pacman, T.O.'s performance might not justify the distractions he creates anymore. That's what the Cowboys front office needs to determine.

Originally Posted by JD617

T.O. has thrown no temper tantrums on the sidelines. Typical dumb NT just gets caught up in a segment which shows T.O. on ESPN of him yelling and assume it has to do with him not receiving the ball. One scene in particular was during the Rams game. We had just scored an offensive TD on our first posession and Owens was going up and down the sidelines yelling at the defense trying to get them pumped and as they were getting onto the field. ESPN took that segment, and didn't show the rest so it looked as if Owens was yelling at someone from the sidelines when in reality, they had just scored
laugh.gif
. But the simpletons on NT don't realize that. Nor do they want to. Their minds are already made up to believe whatever it is that they want. They want drama, they want T.O. to "blow up" hence, why ESPN and the media has such an easy job.
roll.gif

Of course it's not entirely the media's fault but dude is right about how the networks show T.O.'s on the sideline. Another occurance was in theArizona Game when Romo fumbled and the ball was by Gurode's feet and he didn't notice it and the Cardinals recovered it. We'll just before thebreak they showed T.O. yelling at Gurode like he was yelling at him about that particular play but during a public event speaking Gurode was asked about thatincident and he said that what was shown had actually taken place earlier in the game after a 3 and out and all T.O. was doing was trying to get the rest ofthe offensive line fired up. The media stay doing dude dirty.

Originally Posted by ALSDAMAN24

Originally Posted by JD617

laugh.gif
roll.gif

Of course it's not entirely the media's fault but dude is right about how the networks show T.O.'s on the sideline. Another occurance was in the Arizona Game when Romo fumbled and the ball was by Gurode's feet and he didn't notice it and the Cardinals recovered it. We'll just before the break they showed T.O. yelling at Gurode like he was yelling at him about that particular play but during a public event speaking Gurode was asked about that incident and he said that what was shown had actually taken place earlier in the game after a 3 and out and all T.O. was doing was trying to get the rest of the offensive line fired up. The media stay doing dude dirty.

Werd. But clowns like JD will tell you otherwise.

I aint saying the man is a saint. And I don't deny what he did in Philly and San Fran. But when you compare what he has done there and what he has donehere, its clearly a no brainer. He hasn't done SQUAT in Dallas besides say that there is a problem with the offensive schemes. Do people just choose toignore this and assume "OH MY GOD HE IS TEARING THE LOCKER ROOM APART BECAUSE THIS IS WHAT MAKES ME HAVE AN ORGASM SO I CHOOSE TO BELIEVE IT."

And why do people ignore that Tony Romo criticised the offensive schemes as well? But because Romo has no bad history, no one pays it any mind. T.O. can'tdo anything right even when he's doing something right. The man wants to win, and he wants to win badly. Dude was running in underwater treadmills and $@!!trying to recover from a 6 week injury in 3 weeks.

Roy and Witten no whats up to. Crayton as well. Isn't it funny how both them dudes have career years when Owens is on the team? You think Witten would have90 receptions with Roy E. as #1? Them cats know they get more balls their way because they single covered/open.

Back
Top Bottom