Dallas Mavericks Off-Season Thread: Welcome Dominique Jones.

Marion still doing his thing.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

This is Dirk's 2nd triple dip? When was his 1st?
Pretty sure it was last season. I know it was in the last two years for sure. I remember him joking about he only had 100 or so to go to catch J. Kidd.

Great win for the Mavs tonight. Dirk played great, but I think his performance overshadowed Matrix a little bit. He played a good game and did an awesome job on Melo. When this team actually plays defense, they are really fun to watch.

Originally Posted by axel f0ley

this is only marion's 3rd 20 point game?
smh.gif
He gets overlooked alot and is playing a different roll than he played in the past. The Mavs dont need him to be a primary scorer. They dont even run plays for him. He does alot of the little things though. He is the teams best defender, and even though his offense has been down, he has still been a big contributor to this team.

Really though? If Shawn Marion plays like he did last night...
grin.gif

He completely outmatched ANYONE on the floor. Throw a small guy on him, he'd use his strength to back em down and put the ball in the basket. Anyone too big? He'd use his skill, speed, and athleticism to scoot by them, get position, and put it up.

He was VERY efficient last night, and then the D that he played was amazing. I would have liked to seen Beaubois out there guarding JR, Kidd on Chauncey (or vise versa, Kidd did a great job yesterday, JR was just amazing [as usual]), and Marion on Melo. Haywood worked good on Nene, but if he's going to be their primary option, we should win every game. They relied too much on their jumpshot yesterday, which really hurt them, but I can see them going inside and pounding it in on us if Kenyon is healthy, that could be an issue.

BUT. We're 2-0 with Marion in the lineup against them, I like our odds against them.

We're finally rounding into shape. I hope Dampier doesn't get butthurt about losing minutes, but Haywood is vastly superior because he actually has the ability to catch the ball. If they can continue to combine to make 14 points, 12 rebounds, and a few blocks? I'm all for that, who cares how the minutes are distributed, get us W's, and everyone will be happy.

Even though Caron kind of took a back seat and didn't hit as often, I really like what he's bringing to the table. He's capable of bringing the ball up the court, CREATING HIS OWN SHOT, being able to go inside or out using brute strength, and not giving up on plays.

I just really like how we're rounding into shape with a healthy line-up.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

50x10!!!

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I love this from DallasBasketball.com

Dirk Nowitzki is now the only player in NBA history to lead his team to 50-or-more wins in 10-or-more consecutive seasons while being the scoring leader for the team each and every year.

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

50x10!!!

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I love this from DallasBasketball.com

Dirk Nowitzki is now the only player in NBA history to lead his team to 50-or-more wins in 10-or-more consecutive seasons while being the scoring leader for the team each and every year.
pimp.gif

Seeing him on Saturday night really made me realize what a great player we have as our leader. I take it for granted sometimes, but Dirk? You just showed it again last night, and for the past 10 years..

YOU ARE THAT DUDE..

pimp.gif

Man, it is still disappointing that the Mavs don't have at least one championship through that 10 year run, but winning 50 games for 10 straight years is still impressive. There have been so many teams that have popped up and fell off again and again, but the Mavs stick in it every year. One of these years they will finally break through and get that ring.

http://angrytrey.blogspot.com/2010/04/suns-mavs-to-play-in-3rd-nba-game.html

[h3]http://angrytrey.blogspot.com/2010/04/suns-mavs-to-play-in-3rd-nba-game.html[/h3]
[h3]Suns, Mavs to Play In 3rd NBA Game Outdoors[/h3]
PHOENIX — The NBA returns outdoors when the Phoenix Suns play host to the Dallas Mavericks on Saturday, October 9 at the Indian Wells Tennis Garden in Indian Wells, CA. Tip-off is still to be determined. The preseason matchup will be televised nationally, exclusively on TNT.

Tickets will go on sale to the public on Monday, May 3 at 10 a.m. Pacific Time online at ticketmaster.com, all Ticketmaster outlets, and at the Indian Wells Tennis Garden box office. Prices range from $10 to $100.

“NBA fans in the Coachella Valley will see two of the NBA’s most popular and entertaining teams square off in the world’s most picturesque outdoor setting for basketball,

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Man, it is still disappointing that the Mavs don't have at least one championship through that 10 year run, but winning 50 games for 10 straight years is still impressive. There have been so many teams that have popped up and fell off again and again, but the Mavs stick in it every year. One of these years they will finally break through and get that ring.
Whenever we break up this streak, people will always bring up the point we didn't win a championship.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
@ 50x10 & the dirk accomplishment.

dirk was slumping last night & then my dude woke up & scored 8 straight points for the team . . son went beast mode.

Kudos to DIRK & CO., thats a hell of an accomplishment right there.

Too bad in todays all or nothing view of sports, it wont get the credit it should.

sick.gif
I want no part of OKC in the playoffs, they could definitely take us out. They are better at almost every position (including the bench) and the only position where we have an advantage is Dirk but it's not by much over Green, who can make him pay on offense. And Sefolosha has been playing great defense on Dirk. We are already old and not athletic but vs. the Thunder, they make us look 10 years older

Originally Posted by LiL Stevie728

sick.gif
I want no part of OKC in the playoffs, they could definitely take us out. They are better at almost every position (including the bench) and the only position where we have an advantage is Dirk but it's not by much over Green, who can make him pay on offense. And Sefolosha has been playing great defense on Dirk. We are already old and not athletic but vs. the Thunder, they make us look 10 years older
Exactly. And Ibaka is all kinds of in Dirk's %%$ when he's out there. What's status on Roddy though? I didn't really see what happened, did he get his ankle caught up on Nick contesting that jumper? That has to be a flagrant. Wait, what the %@!+?! Get the ball upcourt

OKC's big men dominated tonight. Collison was getting boards easily, Ibaka was active on defense, and Kristic was making jumpers like it was a shoot-around
smh.gif
Jason Terry was getting outplayed by Maynor and Harden...hell, I'm sure he could have been outplayed by the average fan in the building tonight

Back
Top Bottom