Dallas Mavericks Off-Season Thread: Welcome Dominique Jones.

i would love to play Mavs in the playoffs...it get tiring whooping the same teams ***. I want to see how Mavs play

I didn't watch the game.. BUT.

THERE is NO reason why Dampier and Haywood shouldn't have gotten at least five minutes EACH. They didn't miss a single shot, they had 3 combined blocks, Haywood turned it over three times, but goddamn teams will eat us up alive if we don't have a Center out there.

Rick, stop tinkering with the line-up. We realize you haven't had a full season with all of our guys healthy, but the Playoffs is in 3 weeks. We need to get our rotation SET for crying out loud. Haywood and Dampier are very much one-in-the-same. I understand if we had two different types of Centers, but they are pretty much a mirror-image. We're 5/10 recently, we need to build some momentum before we get exited in the first round again.

We miss that backup PF who can score. Our starting lineup is better this year but our bench was a lot better last year with Hollins and Bass. I just shook my head when I saw the lineup of Barea, Terry and Najera out there vs. the Thunder's bench, it wasn't fair at all. If we don't upgrade from Eddie Najera this summer then this front office is crazy, especially with guys like Haslem, Jermaine O'Neal, Hakim Warrick, or even Gooden available.

Originally Posted by LiL Stevie728

We miss that backup PF who can score. Our starting lineup is better this year but our bench was a lot better last year with Hollins and Bass. I just shook my head when I saw the lineup of Barea, Terry and Najera out there vs. the Thunder's bench, it wasn't fair at all. If we don't upgrade from Eddie Najera this summer then this front office is crazy, especially with guys like Haslem, Jermaine O'Neal, Hakim Warrick, or even Gooden available.
I'd welcome Gooden back with open arms. I'm still upset Bass left us. The cat wouldn't have gotten much less money from us, and he'd be getting more minutes than he's getting now. A back-up PF would be awesome sure, but I think Marion could still do a bit of that for us. It's just our rotation right now is all effed up. We don't need Najera playing ANYWHERE near 12-15 minutes a game.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Rick, stop tinkering with the line-up. We realize you haven't had a full season with all of our guys healthy, but the Playoffs is in 3 weeks. We need to get our rotation SET for crying out loud. Haywood and Dampier are very much one-in-the-same. I understand if we had two different types of Centers, but they are pretty much a mirror-image. We're 5/10 recently, we need to build some momentum before we get exited in the first round again.

Word? 

Issues blending players in? 

Who'da thunk it?  Hmmmm......

I know we've all said it over and over the last few years in the West, and then been let down, but I think we're in for a helluva first round this year.  No matter the matchup, there should be some real entertaining series goin on. 

Southwest Division Champs! Nice win against Portland. Mavs are the only team in the NBA to beat every other team in the league at least once this season.

I been rough on Eddy, but I can't lie, he's played well for the minutes we've been giving him.

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Southwest Division Champs! Nice win against Portland. Mavs are the only team in the NBA to beat every other team in the league at least once this season.

Word? I didn't know that.
pimp.gif

Good win tonight by the Mavs. I can't wait to watch tomorrow's night game against the Kings. Let's end the regular season with a winning streak!

Cotdamn.

I just watched some highlights of the game.

It still amazes how clean Dirk's shot is sometimes. He looks like the best shooter to ever lace em up some nights.

Tonight was one of those nights.

When he throws it up, it doesn't hit ANYTHING. So clean.

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
Anyone see the Kidd to Marion Alley-oop off the backboard? Sooo Sick!!!
pimp.gif

I didn't,
smh.gif

I saw the first quarter, then went to eat.

Back for halftime though.

I saw the sick, sick plays by Beaubois.

Good showing from the Kidd/Roddy backcourt, hopefully it is the starting backcourt next season. Looks like Stevenson's offense is coming around. He needs to get 5-10 minutes per game in the playoffs just to throw at the opposing team's best guard while Marion and Kidd rest

Originally Posted by Do Be Doo

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

We gettin out the West fellas, but I think the Lebrons are gonna pop us in the Finals.

*DEAD*

laugh.gif

Go back to your old team and terrible city.

Originally Posted by Do Be Doo

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

We gettin out the West fellas, but I think the Lebrons are gonna pop us in the Finals.

*DEAD*

laugh.gif

Go back to your old team and terrible city.

Mavericks in 6 against the Spurs.
smile.gif
I'm excited! Hell, I'll even wear my Josh Howard Jersey while watching the game.
laugh.gif

Cuban stiring up the pot again today

[h2]Mavericks' Cuban: 'I hate the Spurs'[/h2]
  •  
By Jeff Caplan
ESPNDallas.com
Archive [*]
DALLAS -- Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban said Tuesday that his team's rivalry with the San Antonio Spurs is as acrimonious as ever.
"No, I mean I hate the Spurs. I have a hard time being civil to [Spurs owner] Peter Holt at the board of governors meetings and he has a hard time being civil to me even though we both like each other. It's what it represents," Cuban said one day prior to Game 2 of the heated first-round NBA playoff series between the Texas rivals. "We can both be 0-80 and if those last two games are Spurs-Mavs, it's going to be like a playoff game because we dislike each other that much."

[h4]More on the Mavs[/h4]
dal.gif

News, notes and analysis of the Mavericks from ESPNDallas.com's Jeff Caplan, Tim MacMahon and the rest of our team. Blog.

The teams are locked in their third playoff series of the past five seasons and the fifth overall in the Tim Duncan-Dirk Nowitzki era.

The Spurs held the upper hand in the first two series in 2001 and 2003, but the Mavs won the past two, taking the 2006 second-round series en route to the franchise's only NBA Finals appearance. Dallas also won last season's first-round series, 4-1.

The Spurs, of course, can always taunt Cuban with their four NBA championships.

Cuban, who watched the Mavs practice Tuesday at American Airlines Center, went on to say that although hate persists between the two franchises, there is also healthy respect.

"Both teams play basketball the right way, both really have a lot of respect for the other side," Cuban said. "The beauty of the first game and every game we play them is every possession counts. There's not like, 'OK, we'll put in the second unit.'

"Well, I take that back -- unless Pop says he's going for the best record and then rests everybody. But beyond that, every possession just feels like it's a punch in a heavyweight title fight. This doesn't feel like the first round of the playoffs, I guess is what I'm saying."

Back
Top Bottom