Dear NT - I passed the CPA exam! Vol - I don't need a blog

Originally Posted by The Yes Guy

Congratulations, but I disagree. I think a blog would serve you quite nicely, since clearly all of these people already care about what you have to say and read through what you typed (no sarcasm).
But I am that lazy...
laugh.gif

Yeah man, ******ed amount.

I can finally enjoy coming home from work and reading for leisure and never feel guilty about not studying when I can barely keep my eyes open.

laugh.gif

yeah...it's like you have your life back. weekends are yours again. good stuff man

congratulations my friend
smile.gif

i'm coming up on my 4th year going for accounting...gonna major in finance as well to get to 150 hours.

did you intern while in school?

No, I did not intern. I could have gotten one at a UBS branch (up by school) and probably glad I didn't since it was unpaid.

I worked when I was at home - ie. Circuit City. It was with one of my good friends so that was the type of summer work I was more interested in.

I majored in both finance and accounting, it took me an extra semester. I graduated with a 2.9 (which I love to round up to 3 lol...jk) in 4.5 years.

My suggestions to those of you in college, if you can get an internship, great. If you cannot, then life goes on. Outside of the Big 4, summer internships inaccounting aren't exactly popping.

Our firm takes interns from Jan through April, so we get a select few due to timing of most school's semesters and quarters.

I was a member of the Finance Association, and I would suggest to anyone in college to get involved with clubs and do as many interviews as possible. My schooldid a great job to bring companies on campus for first round interviews, and even firms I had no real interest in, I'd still interview with just for theexperience.

Four and a half years is pretty impressive. I will do it in the same but only with an accounting bachelor's.

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

No, I did not intern. I could have gotten one at a UBS branch (up by school) and probably glad I didn't since it was unpaid.

I worked when I was at home - ie. Circuit City. It was with one of my good friends so that was the type of summer work I was more interested in.

I majored in both finance and accounting, it took me an extra semester. I graduated with a 2.9 (which I love to round up to 3 lol...jk) in 4.5 years.

My suggestions to those of you in college, if you can get an internship, great. If you cannot, then life goes on. Outside of the Big 4, summer internships in accounting aren't exactly popping.

Our firm takes interns from Jan through April, so we get a select few due to timing of most school's semesters and quarters.

I was a member of the Finance Association, and I would suggest to anyone in college to get involved with clubs and do as many interviews as possible. My school did a great job to bring companies on campus for first round interviews, and even firms I had no real interest in, I'd still interview with just for the experience.
i have the same GPA right now, and i get kind of nervous cuz we need to do an internship in order to graduate and i think that will turncompany's off to me.

Its all about how you sell yourself and explain why your GPA isn't that of some of your respective peers.

As I've touched upon over the years on NT...in accounting threads typically....I make no excuses for it my GPA but I know I could have done better. Ishouldn't have followed whatever BS 4 year plan was provided by the school for my particular majors. I once had a professor say I was nuts for takingIntermediate, Cost, and IT all in the same semester. I simply didn't know better and was following the plan I had.

Unfortunately, money was the issue. I appreciate and thank my parents for saving my early birthday gifts of checks and bonds to help me go to college withoutloans/debt. I surely would have loved to go to Cal, USC, Stanford, etc, but instead, we could afford a CSU. I made the best of it, though.

Then, on top of all that, had family issues to cope with. Both my parents wound up sick throughout my college career. I wanted to play basketball, but throughinjury and reality, it just wasn't going to be a good fit. I'm glad for that, because when my family needed me I could come down. My college was onlylike 2.5 hrs away, whereas my older brother was out of state.

Wouldn't swap out a thing and had no issues in explaining that to the people who interviewed me. I didn't try to come off as seeking sympathy, either.

Congrats man! I'm starting my MSA in the Fall. Took and passed the CPA exam the first time luckily, will have my licences as soon as I receive my diploma.For anyone in the process of studying for the CPA, the Becker review is really helpful. When it comes down to it, you just gotta know your stuff.

Sitting on a Sunday? That would have been nice, but no pro-metric around here offered anything on a Sunday.

Congrats man, I'm graduating next week and I'm trying to get Audit and FAR out of the way this summer. I start at a large firm (but not Big 4) thisOctober.

congrats, i am book marking this thread for when i have to take it in 4 years....

Congratz...Is there a high demand for cpa? I ask because i am looking to go back to college and i am thinking about something with health, accounting, or sometechnology

Thanks Rueb, I saw Lawrence on Friday night walking while we were out to dinner.

I'm only somewhat tax knowledgeable, lol....my focus is audit.

I cannot speak on demand, I mean, I've been at my firm from 2006 and we hire as we project work. This past season, we hired more interns then full time. Wedid extend offers to some of those interns to come back this upcoming fall/Jan.

I know I congratulated you in the Warriors thread but I thought I'd say it one more time in your thread in General... Congrats man. Now you're one stepcloser to earning enough money to buy the Warriors from Chris Cohan... (and eventually sell it to Ellison because according to you, he's the man for thejob
laugh.gif
).

Where were you having dinner @? Dude's bout to sprout another seed soon, if he hasn't already.

LOLZ, I only kid homie. I know your not going to do my taxes. But if you want you can give me some of them season tickets that you don't use.

Back
Top Bottom