Dear USA, why do you tax us so much?

A lot of money gets wasted in schools, the armed forces, and government worker pay (congress/state workers etc.)

Originally Posted by TrueshotAura

Exactly.. Where's my free college? Where's my free healthcare?
If college and health care were free, the quality of those institutions providing the services would decrease. Go to an insurance based and aninsurance free hospital and take notes.

I'd rather pay for the best, then play with the rest if you get where I'm coming from.

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

If college and health care were free, the quality of those institutions providing the services would decrease. Go to an insurance based and an insurance free hospital and take notes.

I'd rather pay for the best, then play with the rest if you get where I'm coming from.
Disagreed.

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

pieFY09.gif

war-spending-chart-09.gif

http://www.warresisters.org/pages/piechart.htm
That's not even factoring in the billions of dollars that are unaccounted for that go towards Black Ops projects.

the amount of spending that goes towards military is completely insane

what is the point of spending that much

if we would spend more money on education a lot of social problems would decrease

Originally Posted by swyftdahoe

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

If college and health care were free, the quality of those institutions providing the services would decrease. Go to an insurance based and an insurance free hospital and take notes.

Disagreed.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/1215200...cs_giving_health_care_away_for_fee_144291.htm

I dare you to find any insurance based doctor who will give you "insurance" for under $1000/yr.

There is nothing "free" in life. Look at the state of our universal K-12 education now and what has happened to it. If parents could choose whatschool their children went to rather than being assigned, we would let the bad ones fail and let the cream rise to the top. If we had universal health care,it would be like going to the grocery store and getting everything you wanted for the same price. Universal anything is not free...

Back
Top Bottom