Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Who do you guys think you could get for Gasol?

I know there was talks of Josh Smith (but w/o a S+ Trade that's out) and Lowry+ Bargs but I don't see them trading Lowry now with Jose gone. Of course you won't know this until teams underachieve and have to make moves but who do you guys think (and want) to get for Pau?

I'll murder Kupchak and Buss if they don't trade away Pau this summer (well unless Dwight leaves, save it Coupe :lol:)

Hey man, at least you're aware that there is a possibility he may not re-sign. It's not like you're oblivious to reality and you're not ruling it out.

Unlike some other people (cough-cough) Essential.

I'm frightened for my man Essential if he doesn't resign, he'll be on the verge of slitting his wrists in the bathtub. I'd be here for you Essential, drive 3 hours south and I'll help you thru it.

I've been a Delonte advocate for months. But stopped when I knew it wouldn't happen.. I think on a team with Kobe, he will shape up... He would be a good guy to have, no doubt in my mind...

There's plenty of these minimum guys out there that can fill the 9 - 12th spots of your rotation (Delonte, Matt Barnes, Kenyon Martin, Ronnie Brewer come to mind)...

I'd love to have him, just to have him..

MDA runs short rotations.. But to be honest if we are keeping our starting 5 in tact.. I think 4 of 5 will be back (Pau has the worst chance)... You have to have 11-12 guys who can go... That doesn't mean everyone has to be god, just capable of giving you 20 minutes if you need it..

You think Jamison resigns?
We can only have one out of all those names? I think right?

Gimme brewer he'll defend every damn night.

Vet minimum you can have every name.. So long as they are the veteran's minimum... If they are more, they take away from your mini-MLE.. And since Brewer will now get paid :frown: the best guy is Dorell Wright for us at least... And it will take all $3.5mil to get him..

I'd love for us to get Wright, Brewer, Kenyon and Jamison... But it would log jam our playing time

I think Ronnie Brewer and Kenyon along with Wright gives us everything we need from SG - Center. (Although I think KMart stays with NYK, so we'd need a guy like him)

Kobe / Meeks
MWP / Wright / Brewer
KMart / Clark (or other way around, but I think Clark plays best against backups)
Howard / Hill

Leaves us with Pau.. You gotta try like hell to get the best PG you can from him.. Nash needs to be down to about 25 minutes a night... My dream is Kyle Lowry (but that will never happen)

The reason I'm so high on getting an interior big is because we still have to rebound and prevent people from getting to the hoop. Once Dwight goes out, there would be no one to do that work... Hill only does so much.

Last edited:

I know there was talks of Josh Smith (but w/o a S+ Trade that's out) and Lowry+ Bargs but I don't see them trading Lowry now with Jose gone. Of course you won't know this until teams underachieve and have to make moves but who do you guys think (and want) to get for Pau?

I'd love Lowry.. Been hoping to get him since the CP3 deal.. But like you said not happening.. There was like a two week window where the Raptors were on the verge of dumping him, but they opted to drop Jose.

For Pau.. I just want a big who can defend for 20 minutes.. And a younger PG who can defend for 20 minutes... That's really all I need.

Last edited:

Pau does not have that kind of value around the league anymore. He's as skilled as any big and can be productive, but his age, coupled with his injuries and salary make it hard to deal for him.

But with so many teams having cap space this summer (I believe a dozen or so), I think he could be unloaded to a team that strrikes out in free agency or wants to keep the powder keg dry until next summer. I just wouldn't expect anything more than a decent starter.
I'll murder Kupchak and Buss if they don't trade away Pau this summer (well unless Dwight leaves, save it Coupe :lol:)

Hey man, at least you're aware that there is a possibility he may not re-sign. It's not like you're oblivious to reality and you're not ruling it out.

Unlike some other people (cough-cough) Essential.

I'm frightened for my man Essential if he doesn't resign, he'll be on the verge of slitting his wrists in the bathtub. I'd be here for you Essential, drive 3 hours south and I'll help you thru it.
:lol:

I've maintained for awhile the Lakers should still be the favorites to sign Dwight this summer, no matter what happens.

Seriously, if Dwight gets the entire offseason to work without surgery on anything, if he resigns it'll be like getting two players next year.

He's been MUCH better the last 7 weeks, give that over a whole season and we aren't fighting for 8. His health is the absolute key.

No need to worry, if he doesn't, he doesn't.

I just don't think it is as remotely possible as you.

But even 1% is a %.

Last edited:
I think yall playoff hopes rest on the 2 back to backs.

If yall beat the two teams you're supposed to beat and sweep your first back to back all year AND Jazz don't sweep their back to back yall are in.

Trust me when I tell you all this, the city of Portland is salivating at ending our year. Everyone will be ready for that game. I think Greg Oden will be in uniform, Drexler, Bill Walton.....

Be ready.

I think yall playoff hopes rest on the 2 back to backs.

If yall beat the two teams you're supposed to beat and sweep your first back to back all year AND Jazz don't sweep their back to back yall are in.

portland is a team that we should beat, but just like the kings, they get their 'finals game 7' mindset when we play there, so im not sure we'll win that one. we couldn't beat them there with our championship teams

Trust me when I tell you all this, the city of Portland is salivating at ending our year. Everyone will be ready for that game. I think Greg Oden will be in uniform, Drexler, Bill Walton.....

Be ready.

You guys lose to Portland and it's basically the end of the season. Because I don't see you guys beating the Warriors, Spurs or Rockets after.

Even with the Jazz winning tonight, Hollinger's Playoff Odds still projects a 66% chance we make the playoffs... I'm still keeping hope alive :smh: :lol:

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/playoffodds

I like Hollinger, he's a great mind. But those power rankings he has is a Joke. OKC number one? LAC better than the Spurs? Mavs better than Chicago?

Nope.
The rankings and odds seem off but at least it's something to support my blind faith :lol:

Be ready.

Pippen rasheed too.

Eem the kob stopper ruben Patterson

We lose that game our season is FINISHED :smh:

san antonio might rest their starters for that game...u never kno with popopopovich...tricky sob

Not saying Pop won't rest his starters cause no one ever knows what he's gonna do but that is the 1st of a back to back with the next night being in Golden State. It's almost a certainty they're going to be resting for that game. Could Pop rest his starters 2 games in a row especially with trying to have Parker establish rhythm? Maybe.

Still have life. Utah is undefeated against Minny so far. They also beat the new look Grizz, but that was MEM's 4th game in 5 nights.

But if Utah sweeps the Home & Home against Minny they only really need to get 1 of vs.OKC/@MEM. Because then you guys have to win ALL of your last 5.

Last edited:
Still have life. Utah is undefeated against Minny so far. They also beat the new look Grizz, but that was MEM's 4th game in 5 nights.

But if Utah sweeps the Home & Home against Minny they only really need to get 1 of vs.OKC/@MEM. Because then you guys have to win ALL of your last 5.

When you put it like that :x

This is the biggest disappointment in the history of sports

the jazz winning tonight basically ended the lakers season.

im sure every team left on our schedule wants the lakers not to make the playoffs so i dont buy any team resting their starters :lol:

its payback time for the league

the jazz winning tonight basically ended the lakers season.

im sure every team left on our schedule wants the lakers not to make the playoffs so i dont buy any team resting their starters :lol:

its payback time for the league

I keep thinking all these teams have been losing to the Jazz lately cause of that. How the hell did Denver not crush the jazz?

ill be going to hornets game tuesday. it should be intense, hopefully I dont leave disappointed

Last edited:
I hope they lose and laker fans start booing the Lakers. But let's be real. Lakers aint losing to hornets

Back
Top Bottom