*| | Denim _ School | |*

I made the mistake of hemming a pair of APCs before i washed/soaked them.......am i pretty much stuck with having dry clean as my only option? cause im scaredto death to wash them....the inseam is like a 32 and its perfect now....i dont want them to end up looking like high waters....ps had em since august* worn emevery day pretty much ever since....any ideas/help?

im pretty sure APCs are sanforized so shrinking will be minimal...but dont make the same mistake again

Soulize dp, get at me if you find some locally.

I got my pair at GOODS earlier this year but they havnt had any more recently.

Originally Posted by Lootpac

i can't skate in my jeans now?
Its not that you're skating in jeans, its the fact that you're suggesting you're going to wear your ~$200 jeans specifically for skating. Skateboarding's turned into too much of a fad where people do it not because they love it, but because its been deemed cool.

i agree with you on the fad of skating, but i didn't pay 200 for them and unlike most people on this forum i don't let the price of an item dictatewhat ill do with 'em. i skate in some jeans because it produces a different result that just wearing them or biking in them. i don't mean to come offas nonchalant (sp?)

I'm just starting to break out some LVC 501 1947s....I love the fit, I'll probably start starching after a month of wear to keep them stiff. Thesejeans rock
pimp.gif

Hell, i probably dont even need a new pair of Corpus, if anyone has any great ideas on how to mend cuffs that have word through from draggin on the ground.

The part thats word is the actual fold of the cuff, so if a uncuffed em, there would be a hole a few inches up from the bottom.

I cant be the only one whos had this happen, cause i know not EVERYONE is into the slim fit denim.

Originally Posted by sneakerpimp115

I made the mistake of hemming a pair of APCs before i washed/soaked them.......am i pretty much stuck with having dry clean as my only option? cause im scared to death to wash them....the inseam is like a 32 and its perfect now....i dont want them to end up looking like high waters....ps had em since august* worn em every day pretty much ever since....any ideas/help?

wait...so they're already shrunk/high waters now? not sure what your situation is. but yes, dry cleaning will help minimize the shrinking. rememberapc's have that super infamous shrinking/expanding problem. so another way to combat this is to soak them for a few minutes in warm water, then take thejeans and stretch them out between 2 weights. if you pull enough they'll stretch.

Originally Posted by oo206oo

Hell, i probably dont even need a new pair of Corpus, if anyone has any great ideas on how to mend cuffs that have word through from draggin on the ground.

The part thats word is the actual fold of the cuff, so if a uncuffed em, there would be a hole a few inches up from the bottom.

I cant be the only one whos had this happen, cause i know not EVERYONE is into the slim fit denim.

if it's a small hole. and you live in the area code 206 (seattle area), there is a reweaver over on 45th in wallingford that may be able to repair itfor you.

I just got this pair of jeans for dirt cheap (thanks to hook ups) but the retail price of the jeans is $295. Now the jeans are said to be "raw denim"and I would like to know if I have to pre-soak them. I'd really appreciate it if anyone could break down the procedure to me. The brand is also prettyuncommon (at least to my self but then again, I mostly wear Levis). Thanks NT
6pjut5g.jpg

^if you try reading some of the replies in here before posting, you'll realize that it's been discused ad nauseum. please refer to those posts,there's a great deal of information that's been posted, thanks.

i agree with you on the fad of skating, but i didn't pay 200 for them and unlike most people on this forum i don't let the price of an item dictate what ill do with 'em. i skate in some jeans because it produces a different result that just wearing them or biking in them. i don't mean to come off as nonchalant (sp?)
Ok I can feel you, but anymore it just seems like Skating is a fashion show, where kids go and wear their coolest clothes and sit around withtheir cool collabo skateboard and learn to ollie all day.

i agree with you on the fad of skating, but i didn't pay 200 for them and unlike most people on this forum i don't let the price of an item dictate what ill do with 'em. i skate in some jeans because it produces a different result that just wearing them or biking in them. i don't mean to come off as nonchalant (sp?)
Ok I can feel you, but anymore it just seems like Skating is a fashion show, where kids go and wear their coolest clothes and sit around with their cool collabo skateboard and learn to ollie all day.

i know exactly what you mean, my homeboy is the coordinator of and indoor skatepark and we gettin all kinds of hypebeast lookin kids coming in for lessonsand they get especially mad when they find out skating ruins your kicks

Originally Posted by yamakazi18

Originally Posted by sneakerpimp115

I made the mistake of hemming a pair of APCs before i washed/soaked them.......am i pretty much stuck with having dry clean as my only option? cause im scared to death to wash them....the inseam is like a 32 and its perfect now....i dont want them to end up looking like high waters....ps had em since august* worn em every day pretty much ever since....any ideas/help?

wait...so they're already shrunk/high waters now? not sure what your situation is. but yes, dry cleaning will help minimize the shrinking. remember apc's have that super infamous shrinking/expanding problem. so another way to combat this is to soak them for a few minutes in warm water, then take the jeans and stretch them out between 2 weights. if you pull enough they'll stretch.

Originally Posted by oo206oo

if it's a small hole. and you live in the area code 206 (seattle area), there is a reweaver over on 45th in wallingford that may be able to repair it for you.
they are hemmed....not high water status but just right....im scared they'll end up high water status if i wash em....

to be honest no one can teach u, u have to go out there and explore urself see what u like

Originally Posted by MiYaBaLlEr24

I'm just starting to break out some LVC 501 1947s....I love the fit, I'll probably start starching after a month of wear to keep them stiff. These jeans rock
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

......but, I prefer my 1937s over 'em.
tongue.gif
smile.gif

Originally Posted by fingerollin

Ok I can feel you, but anymore it just seems like Skating is a fashion show, where kids go and wear their coolest clothes and sit around with their cool collabo skateboard and learn to ollie all day.

i know exactly what you mean, my homeboy is the coordinator of and indoor skatepark and we gettin all kinds of hypebeast lookin kids coming in for lessons and they get especially mad when they find out skating ruins your kicks

which reminds me, i was at BWS in soho earlier in December and i was grabbing a pair of shoes. I overheard one of the security talk to one of thesales person and hes like, "You know how to skate?" then the kid replies, "Yeah dawg, i just kick and cruise though, i dont do tricks cause iaint want cuts and stuff." and then in my head i was like, "i wonder if this guy started skating cause hes one of pharrells minions or was he askater before the hype?"....and there would be 4-5 kids decked out in Bape or BBC skating in front of the BWS...lol...the movement is crazy.

whats the general consensus of PRPS? I'm considering getting a pair of the raw ones the next time I head to Cmonwealth any sizing tips? Also what about theEvisu X Puma ones?

LilJRDN, those Club Monaco jeans retail for 129 CDN here, and CM is a pretty common store comparable to Banana Republic...lol

I just picked up a pair of Earnest Sewn Kyrre's and lovin' them already, so comfortable.

i heard so many good things about prps recently and correct me if I'm wrong, i think they're adding 2 new cuts to they're denim this season.I'd like to get a good look at a pair soon. As for pumaXevisu, they're not terrible, but they're definitely nothing to rave over either . I hatethe giant evisu symbols on my back pockets so i never really got down with them but I'm sure someone else on here can school you on evisu and evisuheritage

haven't had time to be on NT for a minute, but i got to give it up to yamakazi18, for dropping non-stop knowledge on jeans. truly appreciated.
pimp.gif

i got a question about my levi stfs, if rocking it consistently ain't worth the trouble to build up the 'honeycombs/whiskers', what brands do yourecommend me look into? to begin with?
ohwell.gif
nerd.gif

i've been looking into nudies a lot and been contemplating if i should cop them or not for a rookie in this denim game.

also, i'm not sure if it has been answered or not, what's the difference between 'raw' and 'selvedge' ?
nerd.gif

Raw
Refers to a wash, in this case no wash at all. A raw pair of jeans means that the cotton is spun into threads in which are colored and woven into cloth. This cloth would be made into massive rolls of fabric in which a pattern is laid on and cut and sewn to manufacture a denim product, in this case a pair of jeans. The cloth will be cut, embroidered, riveted, folded and sewn together in the production process. After all of this production a raw pair of jeans will be folded up and sent out to be sold. The wash of jean will be rigid and stiff and will give off a slight sheen as the color will be very dark.

Selvedge/Selvage
Commonly used to refer to denim that has been produced on a shuttle loom. Since the amount of fabric produced from a shuttle loom is significantly narrower than a projectile (wide) loom, the cotton consumption is higher and the time required is greater. In selvage jeans, you will see the actual edge of the fabric where the weaving stops and is finished by the loom, as opposed to denim woven on a projectile loom, where the fabric has been cut off at the ends.

Originally Posted by Klipschorn

haven't had time to be on NT for a minute, but i got to give it up to yamakazi18, for dropping non-stop knowledge on jeans. truly appreciated.
pimp.gif

i got a question about my levi stfs, if rocking it consistently ain't worth the trouble to build up the 'honeycombs/whiskers', what brands do you recommend me look into? to begin with?
ohwell.gif
nerd.gif

i've been looking into nudies a lot and been contemplating if i should cop them or not for a rookie in this denim game.

also, i'm not sure if it has been answered or not, what's the difference between 'raw' and 'selvedge' ?
nerd.gif

nudie and apc are to very good brands to begin with, look back through this whole post, it's been discussed intensely

thanks for droppin knowledge rollin. im not too fond of the gull back pockets either, but a friend of mine used to talk them up so i wanted to know whats good.

Back
Top Bottom